Hardest Cuts Will Be At Wr And Te? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hardest Cuts Will Be At Wr And Te?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It seems like those two spots will be the hardest cuts to make. Lets say we keep 4 TE's which is not a given. We have right now,
Allen
Gesicki
Smythe
O'leary
Waldorf who had a couple of nice catches the other night.

Then at WR,
Wilson
Grant
Stills
Parker
Williams
Ford
Hurns
Butler

And of course we'll be hard pressed to find 5 O-line guys we want to keep but we'll carry at least 8 or maybe 9 on the 53.

Simple math would be to trade either a TE or a WR for O-line help. The problem of course is nobody wants to trade O-line away but there's always a desperate team that needs help at some position.

This is just my opinion but I think trading Stills would be the move to make. Not because he's a bad player that I want to get rid of but rather, he's probably good enough that we could help a good player in return for him. Of course we don't really know if Wilson or Grant will be healthy week one or if they will be able to stay healthy but we need help up front and I don't see any other position where we can spare a player.

To trade Stills I believe is a risk. You have to see a lot of out of the remaining WR's. I would like to keep him. Who takes his place if you seek to trade him? Can Hurns, Parker, and Ford make a difference? Will Wilson be ready at the start of the season? Can Preston keep getting better?

To trade Stills I believe is a risk. You have to see a lot of out of the remaining WR's. I would like to keep him. Who takes his place if you seek to trade him? Can Hurns, Parker, and Ford make a difference? Will Wilson be ready at the start of the season? Can Preston keep getting better?
Well, I pointed out that there was a risk because we don't know if Wilson and Grant will be healthy. On the other hand, having Stills won't matter if our QB is not protected by the O-line. Like I said, Stills is a good WR but I'd not say he's a great WR. In order to get a good player sometimes you have to give up a good player.

Any players I'm trading are going to be for draft picks, very unlikely we acquire starting caliber OL, DE or CB's.

We know what we need, we will address it but it's not going to happen this year.

The draft and free agency next year should be THRILLING.

Well, I pointed out that there was a risk because we don't know if Wilson and Grant will be healthy. On the other hand, having Stills won't matter if our QB is not protected by the O-line. Like I said, Stills is a good WR but I'd not say he's a great WR. In order to get a good player sometimes you have to give up a good player.
Brother Danny I guess a lot will depend how the unit does in the preseason, or if the coaching staff feels they can make that move already. It will be interesting.

Any players I'm trading are going to be for draft picks, very unlikely we acquire starting caliber OL, DE or CB's.

We know what we need, we will address it but it's not going to happen this year.

The draft and free agency next year should be THRILLING.

Yup, need patience, unfortunately.

But i do agree his highest trade value is now. What would NE do? They would absolutely trade him before his current contract expires..

Yes, can’t see him re signing here, just not sure what we could get in return, for any of the WR’s actually. Probably along the lines of what the Th ghost posted.

Maybe near cut day you could make a player for player trade but those don't happen with much frequency.

Isiah fords the toughest decision I saw out there

Still looks very finesse not really sure he’s got the body for nfl contact and dirt cheap

Yes, can’t see him re signing here, just not sure what we could get in return, for any of the WR’s actually. Probably along the lines of what the Th ghost posted.

Maybe near cut day you could make a player for player trade but those don't happen with much frequency.

Nope you play the NE comp pick game. Clearly, Still is effective enough that teams will be interested to sign him as a FA. As long as the Dolphins don't match with a big signing, which they should, they're going to get at minimum a 3rd/4th round com pick.

I'd keep Stills, because he's been more consistent than Parker. Parker is the guy I'd look to trade. But be careful for what you wish for. Both Grant and Wilson may not be 100% healthy yet. The Dolphins are in a unusual position. If you trade Parker you can keep both Butler and Ford on the 53. Both offer different skillsets. With the 2020 draft being so deep and very talented at the WR position that be when I'd entertain the idea of trading Stills.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom