Hardest Cuts Will Be At Wr And Te? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hardest Cuts Will Be At Wr And Te?

I'd keep Stills, because he's been more consistent than Parker. Parker is the guy I'd look to trade. But be careful for what you wish for. Both Grant and Wilson may not be 100% healthy yet. The Dolphins are in a unusual position. If you trade Parker you can keep both Butler and Ford on the 53. Both offer different skillsets. With the 2020 draft being so deep and very talented at the WR position that be when I'd entertain the idea of trading Stills.

Stills is worth considerably more in trade than Parker, at this point. It's apples and oranges.

The tight end group is difficult. Gesicki sticks due to cheap contract and high draft pick status, you hope he turns the corner. Smythe sticks due to his blocking.

Is Dwayne Allen a sure thing to make the team? If you carry 4 tight ends (cutting 7th round FB Chandler Cox in the process), then I'd reckon I would be Gesicki, Allen, Smythe and O'Leary. Clive Walford is an intriguing option though and has NFL pedigree already, I can see him leapfrogging O'Leary.

WRs are a lot easier - Stills, Parker, Wilson, Grant, Williams. If you carry a 6th WR, I'd probably go between Brice Butler and Isaiah Ford.

I think it’s butler and ford also if it’s a 6th wr

Butlers cheaper than hurns fords the cheapest I would think. could see them lean with the money as in cheapest option

They won’t be missing anything

I think they cut walford barring injury.

Chandler cox ehh maybe they carry that

The tight end group is difficult. Gesicki sticks due to cheap contract and high draft pick status, you hope he turns the corner. Smythe sticks due to his blocking.

Is Dwayne Allen a sure thing to make the team? If you carry 4 tight ends (cutting 7th round FB Chandler Cox in the process), then I'd reckon I would be Gesicki, Allen, Smythe and O'Leary. Clive Walford is an intriguing option though and has NFL pedigree already, I can see him leapfrogging O'Leary.

WRs are a lot easier - Stills, Parker, Wilson, Grant, Williams. If you carry a 6th WR, I'd probably go between Brice Butler and Isaiah Ford.
TE is a tough one, especially being that we likely keep the FB.

I do like Smythe, but it's hard to make a case that he's a better all around player than O'leary at this point, though Smythe may have a higher upside.

Parker/Stills/Wilson/Grant/Williams

That seems like the obvious 5 that stick. And I only have us keeping 5.

Allen/Gesicki/Smythe/O’Leary

We’ll keep 4 here at TE. Walford gets the axe.

I think we’ll keep 5 at RB, including the FB Cox, and most of those guys can catch the rock out of the slot so it makes having a true slot WR less of an issue.

Trade stills he has more value than Parker. We have two other WRs who can stretch the field. I like Stills, he's a solid WR but it's not like hes irreplaceable. He's never even had a 1K yard season.

As for the TEs.... Well I think you could randomly cut any of those guys and no one would notice. O'Leary made the most plays for us last year from the TE position so I guess we should keep him at least.

Walton is jag but so is oleary. Feels like the team likes O’Leary more or at least trust him more. Dependable but limited

I think they carry 4 tight ends I don’t know about the rb position but I’d probably lean towards cox making it as the fb package ask.

No on laird.

Smythe has the best frame of every tight end out there and should be solid at the poa. Outside of old Dwayne Allen.

I might p squad 85

I think they cut walford barring injury.

Chandler cox ehh maybe they carry that
I think they keep Cox. Was okay I guess, saw him make a couple blocks. Seems like they want to use a fullback

I think they keep Cox. Was okay I guess, saw him make a couple blocks. Seems like they want to use a fullback

Yeah but he’s more versatile than true pure blow you out the hole fullback.

Versatility probably the biggest asset. Not a slobber knocker

I'm also interested in CB cuts. X-Man is the only sure thing. Tanker too. But after that????

How many LB will we keep? That group may be a tough cut.

Baker
Mcmillian
Kiko
Eguevoen
Watson
Hanks
AVG
Hull
Allen
Poling

I'd guess the last 3 are definitely gone, but all the rest have looked pretty impressive at some point.

Well Hull is out for the year already, agree the last 2 on the list are probably gone, Allen can’t stay healthy either.

It will be the usual, the last LB spot or possibly 2 will be won on ST.. I would think. The same for WR.

Last edited:
Of course and count on banged up Wilson and Grant and hope Parker to be injury free for 16 games????

I would do it in a heartbeat for a competent young OL, like I said though, doubt any GM would part with one for Stills.

We can figure out how to get a competent WR group out on the field, OL .. not so sure, and the depth at OL is putrid. If we have one injury...

Myles Gaskin only averaged 2.2 ypc this last game. He averaged 5.6 through 4 years of college. He will be your surprising last day cut. He apparently did not want to show up in the NFL in NFL ready form. Very dissapointing. Move over Gaskin and get ready to be put on waivers August 30. Will be picked up by somebody like Seattle or Kansas City where Damien Williams is hurting.

Back
Top Bottom