Harris, Deiter Make Their Case | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris, Deiter Make Their Case

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
▪ Charles Harris has produced only three sacks in 27 NFL regular-season games, but he had half as many as that on Friday, combining with Jerome Baker on one sack of Jameis Winston and bringing down Blaine Gabbert late in the second quarter for another.

After a quiet opener, this was Harris’ most encouraging moment in perhaps a year. In 30 snaps, he had four tackles and four quarterback hits.

Harris opened at defensive end opposite Tank Carradine on Friday, but Jonathan Ledbetter replaced Carradine after one play.

Pro Football Focus gave Harris Miami’s second-best grade on defense Friday, with an 86.7. That ranked behind only defensive tackle Adolphus Washington’s 89.6.

▪ This was encouraging: Pro Football Focus gave starting guard Michael Deiter the highest grade of any Dolphins offensive player - a 91.0, which is elite. He allowed just one pressure in 30 pass blocking snaps (which was a sack) and earned a run-blocking grade of 89.9.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232663357.html

I can see Deiter getting a good grade on pass blocking but as far as run blocking I just don't see how any of our O-line guys could have gotten a good grade, let alone elite.

Regarding Harris. One game. He's played 27. I would have expected that performance and grade in his rookie pre-season. Not totally against Harris but he's been invisible.

Harris is an extremely hard worker and wants to be great.

He will figure it out.

He's going to have his Paul Soliai moment one year early (Paul broke out in year 4).

I like Harris as a man - he seems like a good guy.

However, I haven't really enjoyed him as a player…but I hope he can make an impact this year and keep his job. Maybe he just didn't have the coaching prior to this year.

RE these GAF (BFF? PFF?) "elite" ratings...

Shocking! After all these years watching football (college, pro, full contact
badminton and Jamaican bobsledding) I guess I don't know how to watch correctly!

The first sack the lb pressure dropped the qb into harris lap but he had a nice power rush vs the left tackle. Qb just wouldn’t have been that deep otherwise.

The shoulder dip vs the depth left tackle is nice to see but basically a throw away cause that guy won’t play on Sundays.

The best rep I saw was the literal slap smack of the starting left tackle to the ground on one pressure. If he had a little more close to the football acceleration he’d have sacked the qb.

That said it was a good effort from the player and nice to see. I do think I’m seeing a little more at the poa ability with the player this year.

Pass rush impact is always a bonus. He looks harder to move at least.

The first sack the lb pressure dropped the qb into harris lap but he had a nice power rush vs the left tackle. Qb just wouldn’t have been that deep otherwise.

The shoulder dip vs the depth left tackle is nice to see but basically a throw away cause that guy won’t play on Sundays.

The best rep I saw was the literal slap smack of the starting left tackle to the ground on one pressure. If he had a little more close to the football acceleration he’d have sacked the qb.

That said it was a good effort from the player and nice to see. I do think I’m seeing a little more at the poa ability with the player this year.

He's figuring it out, hoops!

He's figuring it out, hoops!

We will see. He’s got a hell of an opportunity. **** or get off the pot time is now.

I’d start him and carradine on the edge. The rest of the guys look like depth upside types. I’m sure it’s gonna be a heavy rotation though. And they like to bring up lbs on tbe edge in some packages

Said it early about this staff -- but if they can turn Harris into a functional football player
it says a lot. Post game interview I got the sense the kid is gaining confidence and feeling
more solid about his game. One thing you've got to note about this kid is that he works
he a$$ off and whatever his shortcoming -- effort is not a problem.

He looks more pumped to me and may be developing more power to compliment his game.

Whatever -- his performance was a good sign. Now we have to see some consistency.

We will see. He’s got a hell of an opportunity. **** or get off the pot time is now.

I’d start him and carradine on the edge. The rest of the guys look like depth upside types. I’m sure it’s gonna be a heavy rotation though. And they like to bring up lbs on tbe edge in some packages

Harris and Carradine our starting edges = worst edge rush in the NFL.

What else you gonna do? There is no options.

Unless you gonna play 3 man front with more off ball lbs on the edge I guess. Which you gonna have to get the other teams tackles off the assignment to pick up those lbs. or they never gonna sniff the qb.

Have to occupy those tackles. Get the lbs on tight ends or backs ideally at least

Last edited:

Ya know as a fan I just don't get that kind of declaration at this point in time...

There's a lot of games to be played and maybe at this point we can recognize DE
is a challenge but forgo the absolutes until the evidence (good or bad) is in.

Geez. WHY is everything so all or nothing...

Back
Top Bottom