Harrison Won't Be Here Long...if Fair Works Out. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harrison Won't Be Here Long...if Fair Works Out.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you have Lloyd Harrison penciled in for a roster spot....it may just be for this week only...so get your erasers out.

The Dolphins put in a claim for this guy...and what do you know...they were the only ones...and were "awarded" him.

The Dolphins are hoping that Cb Terry FAIR will come in here...and pass a team physical this week. If he passes that physical....and he has a good work out...he will be signed.

The Dolphins just want to go the younger route at CB....they still like and will talk to T-BUCK.....but it looks like he is more of Plan B..at this point. The Dolphins feel that T-Buck will probably only want to play for 1 more year....and then...retire. CB TERRY FAIR.....is obvisouly much younger and would have more of an upside.

I really like the addition of TE Desmond Clark today....he is still banged up...but the guy is a talent...and we got him for nothing....I was surprised we got him. DRAPER was day to day anyway...only insurance for WEAVER....now we have a new and better policy, in CLARK.

SCOTT GALYON was not that much of a surprise....because the Dolphins just felt that he would not last a full-season....injury free. They like TOMMY HENDRICKS backing up ZACH....and HENDRICKS can also play on the outside too. TWAN RUSSELL is still there.....but still....you guys are right....it still is not enough. This is not good right now....but SPIELMAN is looking around. MIKE JONES....is definately a possibility....they put in some claims for a couple of young LB's...but they were not awarded them today. The search is still on...believe me.

Believe it or not.....the Dolphins will stand pat on the Offensive Line right now.....they will go with their current backups.....Mckinney, JERMAN, ANDREW....SPRiggs....at least for this game.
DCH

Didn't Mckinney long snap in college? Why not move perry off since long snapping is his only duty?

mike jones would make me feel a lot better...i want an experienced lb...if we add fair,jones and we already added desmond clark than wannspiel did a real good job upgrading...than we would just need another ol...

Ed Perry is safe. He's probably the best long snapper in the league, which means he'll always have a job somewhere. And because he's the long snapper, he'll be a big part of probably 3-5 wins this year. Perry is VERY IMPORTANT to Olindo Mare.

You can't just plug anyone in to long snap. The Phins have tried to unseat Perry for years......and it just backfires. They didn't even try this year. McKinney has enough on his plate already. Not only does he have to be ready at center, but he also has to learn BOTH guard positions. Making him long snap is asking too much.

Also.....Fair visited Carolina and us yesterday. Today he heads to Baltimore. So we could have competition.

muck is dead on with mckinney and perry just keeps making it just to snap...

hurry up and get to sunday..

If we sign Fair both Harrison & either Green or Lowe will be gone. Our team doesn't, & most likely wont carry 6 CBs. Madison, Surtain, Fletcher, Fair, & Green/Lowe is enough.

If we do indeed keep a Fair, or Harrison, I see Lowe being placed on the PS. Athough, he could be a problem "sneaking" through waivers. Don't know if Green qualifies for PS status. He's been around a few yeras, in various camps.

Ed Perry easily has as safe a roster spot as Sam Madison or Jason Taylor. We've been lucky here in Miami with our long snappers. We've always had good ones. But Perry is probably the best in the league. He never screws up. And he's had like 64 games to try and screw up, and just plain hasn't. Far too valuable.

Here's a thought. Shawn Wooden is our current Dime CB. If Fair works our or Harrison looks good enough to beat Wooden in the dime package, Wooden's place on the team all the sudden does not look nearly as solid. The Jets are being reported as in the market for an EXPERIENCED backup safety, and are flaunting one of their DLmen in exchange. We don't need DEs, but if they would be willing to give us say Larry Webster for Dario Romero in exchange for Wooden, I know I'd do it...even though Websters a jock itch away from suspension. Then there's always Shawn Ellis who Herm Edwards did not draft and does not like...

Screw Steve White...

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Shawn Wooden is our current Dime CB. If Fair works our or Harrison looks good enough to beat Wooden in the dime package, Wooden's place on the team all the sudden does not look nearly as solid.

We don't need DEs, but if they would be willing to give us say Larry Webster for Dario Romero in exchange for Wooden, I know I'd do it.

Now it may be semantics but I think its Freeman as the dime back and Wooden comes in as the SS. Definitely don't think Herman trades Webster for Romero isn't Webster first team in NY??

Can't see the Jets trading with us.

Well Josh Evans is the starting DT and he's far better than Webster meanwhile Webster's in the same drug suspension boat as Evans (if either screws up they are out for either the season or at least a number of games) and Websters got a nagging injury that is making him "doubtful" for the opener against Buffalo. Alan Harper meanwhile has looked ok in camp. So thats why I was thinking possibly Webster.

Semantics, true...but actually it would be interesting to see our Dime formation because I thought the opposite was true...Freeman was playing starting safety and Wooden the Dime CB spot. Oh well...either would make sense. They are both kinda safety roles.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Bledsoe is a Bill

but not at this point of the season

Kinda early to be drunk don't you think??? :p

Back
Top Bottom