Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I have been a fan of the Dolphins since 1986 I have seen some very good football but nothing good enough to win a Super Bowl.
What was the City like when they did win the two championships.What would the city be like now if they did win another championship.
I have seen the Heat ,
The Bluejays and the Gators all win .Never the Dolphins or Sabres.

I grew up in New York and have seen most of the New York Teams win championships, over the course of my 55 plus years of life. The Miami Dolphins and all of the Florida College Football Teams who I've followed since I was a teenager have won championships as well. I was very young when the Dolphins win their last championship and have happy memories of those early 70's teams, coached by Shula. Hopefully I'll be able to witness another one before my time on earth is up. I have optimism but am cautious about the future.

The Canes are my favorite college football team, and they have won all their championships since I've been a fan.

The Heat are my favorite basketball team, and they have won three titles while I've been a fan.

The Braves are my favorite baseball team and they won the World Series when I was a fan.

The Marlins are the home town team, and they have won two World Series.

I became a Dolphins fan after the last championship win, unfortunately. However, I was a fan in 1982 and 1984, Super Bowl appearances, but losses.

Went many, many years of my "soccer" club not winning jack ship (and even being relegated a few times). Now they are near top of the world and have won many domestic titles. It is a fantastic feeling but ... and I kid you not ... you will hold the original bonds much closer. Manchester City is expected to win every campaign, now. But, because of when I forged my bond, they will always be "same old City" (i.e. snatching defeat from the jaws of victory).

Championships are amazing but they should neither add nor detract from your devotion assuming you are a true devotee.

The New York Yankees
The Syracuse Orangeman
The Tampa Bay Lightning

The Mighty Mighty Miami Dolphins did twice, but i was 5 years old, so i dont count that as an experience. Allready told my wife, sure you can come to the Superbowl with me, but for the next week of celebration, I wont be
found.

I believe our turn is coming soon.... Good Lord, You have to believe.......

When I was growing up in NJ, in the Mid 80s, for some reason we were getting WGN out of Chicago-- I was about 9 when Marino and Michael Jordan showed up, and luckily I became a 'Bulls Fan' year before (or year of) Jordan just because we got the station and I started watching-- so-- watching Jordan evolve, lose to the Pistons etc and then win all the Championships was amazing time.

Being from NJ, I was also a Yankees fan and 'suffered' through the 80s and 90s so when Jeter and Rivera came around and all that started-- was also a great time to be a fan.

As for the Dolphins.. I remember somewhat watching the 49er Superbowl (age 10) and ever since been in the same boat as everyone here who is around my age (45 now).

I'n My time...
The Red Sox broke the curse and won another one.
The Heat won a few.
The Bruins won a title (don't watch hockey much but when I do its the Bruins).
England won the World Cup of Cricket last year.
England won the Web Ellis Trophy at the Rugby world cup in 2003 - That was a hell of a Hangover!!!)...

AND... the Most Important win ever - The GOLDEN GIRLS of The Bahamas crushed the favorite American team and brought home the Gold in the 4 X 100 from Sidney in 2000 Olympics.

My teams have never won a Superbowl or a World Cup in my lifetime but I am confident the Dolphins will address that shortly.

I have lived in NY my entire life. I think pretty much every team I like outside of the Dolphins has won a championship since I was born (‘89). That includes Hurricanes Football, the Yankees, the Rangers, the Heat, Syracuse Men’s Basketball, Syracuse Lacrosse, amongst many others. To be honest, I do watch and route for the Giants (unless they play Miami) so I have seen NFL team success as well.

When I was growing up in NJ, in the Mid 80s, for some reason we were getting WGN out of Chicago-- I was about 9 when Marino and Michael Jordan showed up, and luckily I became a 'Bulls Fan' year before (or year of) Jordan just because we got the station and I started watching-- so-- watching Jordan evolve, lose to the Pistons etc and then win all the Championships was amazing time.

Being from NJ, I was also a Yankees fan and 'suffered' through the 80s and 90s so when Jeter and Rivera came around and all that started-- was also a great time to be a fan.

As for the Dolphins.. I remember somewhat watching the 49er Superbowl (age 10) and ever since been in the same boat as everyone here who is around my age (45 now).
I had the same experience with WGN but I grew up in Las Vegas. Seeing the Bulls blossom was amazing....should have won 8 in a row. I'm also a Dodger fan and have a clear memory of watching the Kirk Gibson WS walkoff against the A's in 1988. I turn 42 at the end of this season. I still believe that the Dolphins will at least get to a SB before my time is up...

I’ve gotten to see my Devils win three Stanley Cups, one of which I was lucky enough to be in the building to see in person (2003). Still waiting on a Dolphins Super Bowl though.... the last one in 1973 was six years before I was born.

I'm from Canada. I grew up a die hard Edmonton Oilers fan. Much like the Dolphins, the Oilers glory days were before my time.

In 2006, they made a run to the Stanley Cup Finals (I'll never forget watching those games with my family, us collectively losing our minds each time they took one step closer to the Cup), but ultimately lost in Game 7 of the finals. That was a heart breaker.

I also grew up a big Toronto Blue Jays fan. Again, their championships came before my time. I've seen the Jays make one deep playoff run in my lifetime. That said, just getting to watch Roy 'Doc' Halladay pitch once ever five days as a kid growing up was enough. Best pitcher I've ever seen.

These days the only sport I really care about is NFL football. I started following the team closely in 2007. I haven't missed a game since. The only thing in sports I really care about is seeing a Phins Super Bowl win before I die.

I was a student at UF during the period where we won all those National Championships. I was celebrating on University Street for 2 football and 2 basketball championships.

Considering you are posting on a Miami pro sports site, I'm assuming that you are talking to a lot of Heat fans like me. We've won quite a few. I wasn't sure how many but I found this quote from Wade and Lebron, "Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven..." So at least 8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom