Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

LA Lakers (2009, 2010, 2020)
Anaheim Ducks (2007)

Other favorite teams that came close
WVU Football (2007) Ranked 2nd in the BCS and needed to win against Pitts (28½ points favorite) to play a spot the in BCS Championship, lost 13-9.
WVU Men's Basketball (2010) Won their first Big East Tournament Championship in school history and beats #1 Kentucky to reach the final four since the Jerry West era, lost to Duke 78-57 to finished 3rd in the polls.
Atlanta Braves (2020), led a 3-1 against the Dodgers and needed one more win to play in the World Series, lost 3 straight. (4-3). Honestly, this team is such a curse.
Miami Dolphins We had our up and down since we haven't won a playoffs game in a while, but my favorite is 2008. Where the Jets wanted Brett Favre and Chad Pennington signed with us. Led us to an 11-5 turnaround (after a 1-15 in 2006), and gave a finger to the Jets by defeated them in the final game to win the AFC title 24-17). Yeah, we lost in the first round, but it was a nice season to witnessed.

Dundee United 1983
Andy Murray (not a team I know) 2012, 2013, 2016
Born in 77' so missed the Dolphins but have good memories of Marino as a kid.

For me I've been lucky to have the teams I root for win occasionally over the years.

NFL

Dolphins in 72 and 73
Giants (My NFC team) 86 and 90, 2007 and 2011 (and especially because they beat the Patriots)

College FB

Michigan 97

Basketball

76ers 82 (DR J finally wins it.)
Da Bulls 90-92 and 95-97 (loved watching the Bulls dominate.)

Personally

Was part of 78 Napoleon Pirates HS football team that made it to final game undefeated. Had 2 score lead at halftime on the road. Then they scored 5 straight TD's in 2nd half to end our perfect season. So close.

Currently sitting in 2nd place for the 2021 Buckeye Karting Challenge. Its a karting state championship series. I have a chance to win State championship in the final race in a few weeks. Never been this close to personal success in sports. Even if I can't pull off the the move from 2nd to 1st in final race it would be pretty cool to finish 2nd and get to stand next to 4 time national champion at the season ending banquet and awards ceremony.

In my lifetime:

Michigan Football 1997
Michigan BBall 1989
Detroit Tigers 1968, 1984
Detroit Red Wings 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008
Detroit Pistons 1989, 1990, 2004
Miami Dolphins 1972, 1973

I was at 2 of the 1968 Tigers World Series wins with my dad.

No championship for me this year. I did finish 2nd in the Buckeye Karting Challenge in a field of 40 competitors. Banquet on Saturday I will get to stand next to the champion with my brother next to me in 3rd and my daughter in the crowd cheering us. Definitely the biggest sporting achievement in my life.

Last edited:
No championship for me this year. I did finish 2nd in the Buckeye Karting Challenge in a field of 40 competitors. Banquet on Saturday I will get to stand next to the champion with my brother next to me in 3rd and my daughter in the crowd cheering us. Definitely the biggest sporting achievement in my life.

Excellent :UP:

The Red Sox and FSU Seminoles have provided me a few championships apiece. The Florida Panthers came close once and the Knicks and Dolphins have been in the Finals/Superbowl a few times but always lose. Both won championships in '72 when I was born.

LA Lakers (2009, 2010, 2020)
Anaheim Ducks (2007)

Other favorite teams that came close
WVU Football (2007) Ranked 2nd in the BCS and needed to win against Pitts (28½ points favorite) to play a spot the in BCS Championship, lost 13-9.
WVU Men's Basketball (2010) Won their first Big East Tournament Championship in school history and beats #1 Kentucky to reach the final four since the Jerry West era, lost to Duke 78-57 to finished 3rd in the polls.
Atlanta Braves (2020), led a 3-1 against the Dodgers and needed one more win to play in the World Series, lost 3 straight. (4-3). Honestly, this team is such a curse.
Miami Dolphins We had our up and down since we haven't won a playoffs game in a while, but my favorite is 2008. Where the Jets wanted Brett Favre and Chad Pennington signed with us. Led us to an 11-5 turnaround (after a 1-15 in 2006), and gave a finger to the Jets by defeated them in the final game to win the AFC title 24-17). Yeah, we lost in the first round, but it was a nice season to witnessed.

I can finally say that my recent team won a championship! Go Braves!

Back
Top Bottom