Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

If you mean in my lifetime then I have seen the Miami Heat win 3 titles The Miami Hurricanes have won the national championship 2 times I was only old enough to remember 2001 against Nebraska. I enjoy baseball alot but don't really have a favorite team, but no the most important team to me The Miami Dolphins have not won a championship in my lifetime.

Hi guys, I'm a new poster on the site even though I've been following and reading what you guys discuss for about 5 years now.
I'm from England so don't shoot me when I say I love the international games well it made my dreams come true when I watched us destroy the Raiders but lose to Jests :mad:
Anyways back to my teams I'm also for my sins a suffering Charlotte Hornets fan since the early 90 's and you think supporting Dolphins is bad imagine supporting both not much winning. I also support my home town football/soccer team Wolverhampton Wanderers 'Wolves' in the English Premier league which has the last couple of years being doing really well currently 6th before lockdown happened. So that's me and hopefully haven't bored you ? go phins

My Spurs were on a helluva run for a while there.

My Penguins have won 3 Cups with our superstars, and are still a large threat to continue our championship ways.

I’m 50. I’ve been a Dolphins fan since birth.

I’ve been a Phillies, Flyers and Sixers fan since I was 10.

I can remember a grand total of three championships. Phils in 80 and 08, and Sixers in 83.

Since 1975 (the first year I can remember) - that’s 3 banners in 85 seasons...or 0.035 percent of the time.

Yuck.

Every one of my teams except the dolphins sadly

Miami Heat
Florida Gators Football and Basketball
Atlanta Braves
Anaheim Ducks aka The Mighty Ducks(Quack,Quack,Quack) yes it's because I was a kid when the movies came out lol

Dolphins (my favorite in any sport any level by a galaxy wide margin) - 2 SB's as an avid child fan. Waiting for more!

Lakers -many championships

Boston Bruins - multiple cups.

Dodgers - 2 WS.

Mets - '86

USC - 2 football championships in the time I've been a fan

Miami Dolphins - 2X Super Bowl Champions!!!

Detroit Tigers (MLB) - 1984 World Series Champions (Wire to Wire)

That Tigers team is my favorite non-Dolphins team. I was working in Chicago during the Cubs / Padres series for a couple weeks and got back to Michigan in time for the Detroit / San Diego series. Bought my first Marino jersey in a mall outside of Chicago (everyone else was buying Cubbies merchandise) and the manufacturer was Wilson.
Still have that jersey to this day.

Detroit Pistons (NBA) - 1989-90, 2004 World Champions

Detroit Red Wings (NHL) - 1997-98, 2002, 2008 Stanley Cup Champions

Michigan Panthers (USFL) - 1983 USFL Champions

Panthers won the championship for what was the inaugural season of both the team and the league.
Both the team and league were gone shortly afterwards.
Team actually scared their NFL counterpart the Detroit Lions, and a movement started proposing that both teams play each other à la the AFL- NFL.
Lions brushed off any such talk as the NFL would do nothing to legitimize the USFL.
Truth of the matter is the Panthers would have had more fans in attendance for that game (both teams played their home games in the venerable Pontiac Silverdome), and the Lions knew they would have gotten their a$$es kicked.

Last edited:
Coming from Canada, I am naturally a Washington Capitals fan...... Was awesome to see them win finally 2 years ago!
Also watched the Raptors and a ways back the Toronto Blue Jays. The Dolphins are the only team and the team I want most to win. I was born in 1974, so those two don't count for me. I will fill fulfilled as a Sports fan when they do win and have a slight fear that I may not be around when they do.

I would like to see Canada make the World Cup of Soccer and Scotland win some major competition which are long shots. I do think Canada maybe is co-hosting the World Cup. If true they too must win a game for me to be happy.

Having Scottish heritage I would also like to see Glasgow Rangers win a European title.

Please though please, I'd trade them all for a Dolphins Super Bowl victory, minus the Capitals (I am Canadian)

Canes (CFB)

Dolphins (NFL)

Lakers (NBA)

Yankees (MLB)

Louisville (CBB)

Heat fan as long as I've been a Dolphins fan. Had season tickets for all 3 title runs - 2006, 2012, 2013.

Canes grad.... 5x national champs.

Arsenal fan also. Amazing history.

Marlins have won 2 World Series.

A bit different, but as a Jamaican I'd have to include our Olympic track & field dominance - male and female.

Yup, Miami was the first for me, back in the early 70s. The Celtics with Larry Bird came second, and after a very long wait 2004 rewarded by loyalty to the Boston Red Sox. Living in Connecticut, hockey was the last sport championship for me and that came in the guise of Carolina hurricanes, as my whalers have long fled the nutmeg state. technically, throw the Mets in 69, but I was a front runner at nine years old, LOL. Oh yes, you could also throw in the University of Miami's championships, but that was a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom