Has anyone seen this article on Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has anyone seen this article on Ricky?

thanks for the link Doug, and thank you for representing the Bills as a real fan. Too bad this board didn't know more Bills fans like yourself.

Nice link Doug. If Rickey doesn't get injured he should be a decent pickup for you guys. I will say that I did watch over 10 of his games because I had him on my fantasy team and here is my assesment of him. I was running behind a very solid line and he rarely breaks a long run. He is the guy that will gain 4 to 6 yards a pop. Another problem with him is that he fumbles it almost seemed like once a game. I know it wasn't that many but the point is he does fumble way to much. Last but not least he is very injury prone. All in all Williams will be a good addition for you guys and should be able to rack up some yards on our Dline.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Nice link Doug. If Rickey doesn't get injured he should be a decent pickup for you guys. I will say that I did watch over 10 of his games because I had him on my fantasy team and here is my assesment of him. I was running behind a very solid line and he rarely breaks a long run. He is the guy that will gain 4 to 6 yards a pop. Another problem with him is that he fumbles it almost seemed like once a game. I know it wasn't that many but the point is he does fumble way to much. Last but not least he is very injury prone. All in all Williams will be a good addition for you guys and should be able to rack up some yards on our Dline.

RW is a lot like a former Dolphin runner, Larry Csonka. Williams won't give you a lot of 40 yard runs, but he'll wear down the D w/ his running style.

Very injury prone? Thats a hyperbole.

Fumbling? We went 11-5 , w/ a guy who couldn't run and fumbled a lot more than Ricky, last year.

When did I say we were going to win the Super Bowl? I don't know who'll win it.

Relax, Boo...I was just ribbin' ya. You guys are so sensitive.
Good thing that bastard Chauncey's not around, he'd mess you up.

Williams was running behind a horrible O-Line last season, that is well documented by MANY Saints fans that I have spoken too, and from my own personal opinion after watching about a half dozen or so Saints games last year. Ricky barely ever made it to the line of scrimmage without breing hit. He never broke any long runs because his WRs never blocked down field for him. I bet you he breaks a few long ones here in Miami with some good blockers on the perimeter. He is fast, not blazing, but more than fast enough to take it to the house. 4.5 speed, and it doesn't take him many steps to hit full speed.

Fumbled every game? He had 6 fumbles last year, and 3 were in the last game, so for the first 15 games he only fumbled 3 times.

He may get nicked up from time to time, but Ricky plays through his injuries and is a warrior.

Thurmanator, you seem to be good natured in your post, but your assesment left a lot to be desired. Go back and watch the game tape of Ricky in NO and you will see that what I am saying is completely true. His O-Line was very bad, and WAY overrated. All you need to do is go watch the tape, or just go to a Saints MBoard ask their fans about their O-Line, they will be more than happy to tell you all about their pain.(a pain we shared with them last season)

The OL is New Orleans was terrible. Naeole was pathetic, getting blown into the backfield often, Fontenot at C is a great technician, but his physical skills have deteriorated greatly. At LG you had Wally Williams plkaying at about 40 pounds over his listed weight. A big fat nothing. At RT you had Turley who is a GREAT pass blocker ad a very average run blocker, that doesn't unbderstand leverage, doesn't get low in his blocks. He does finish, he does play whistle-to-whistle and is far and away the best OL they have, and should be a Pro Bowler, but will never be. He is usually a consensus coaches choice and gets NO player votes. He's too aggressive/dirty. I love him. at LT you had Willie Roaf until he was injured followed by Darrell "Turnstile" Terrell, who was terrible in pass protection and below average in run blocking.

At OL-coach you had Jack Henry, he may be the worst OL coach in the NFL, and his teams are never prepared for defenses and/or their schemes, and his players DO NOT develop (see Tutan Reyes, who had potential coming out of college, and is the same player he was a rookie, see also Naeole who never improved or progressed.)

I would say, that saying RW ran behind a good OL was false, saying he was playing behind a very solid OL is FAR from reality.

He led the league for most of they year in YAC, and yet his YPC avg was around 4 all year ?? How does that work ?? He was gaining yards after getting hit at the L.O.S., or behind it.

Very rarely did he get to LB depth last year w/o being hit, or having to change running lanes.

I would guess that in Turner's system this year, people will start to see the RB we saw at UT. A RB who likes to run downhill ( he lived to run the counter tre' at UT ) - and a RB that can take over a game and humiliate a D.

To put this to rest...

Ricky has fumbled 20 times in his career (26 games).

Any way you spin it...that is a ton.

Originally posted by dolphan
To put this to rest...

Ricky has fumbled 20 times in his career (26 games).

Any way you spin it...that is a ton.

38 G
20 F
12 FL

from http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4653

that is still too many. He has small hands, but he needs to find a way to cut down to a couple a year without going into a shell like Lamar did in 2001.

Back
Top Bottom