Has Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen requested a trade or release? The answer might surprise you | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen requested a trade or release? The answer might surprise you

Look, he came in with a huge ego, and was very quickly dropped at Arizona. He came here in a bit of a resurrection tour, bided his time, then got his shot ... and failed. He was replaced by the veteran who is not the long term solution. Now he's been drafted over (kinda like being recruited over) by a legendary prospect who was long considered one of if not the best QB prospect in the class.

At this point, I think Josh Rosen realizes he needs to improve, because the NFL is hard. He will get another chance, but it is unlikely to be this year unless QB's start getting Covid-19 and he's traded for after the season starts by a QB-desperate team. More likely, he'll play out his contract, become a FA, assess the interest in him, and go somewhere that promises him a chance to compete. For right now, he's just happy to collect his paycheck.

Hopefully he has re-dedicated himself to becoming the best he can be ... because the kid does have some ability. I bet watching Fitzmagic and Tua lead will help him understand how to be the guy the coaches and locker room want.

The Josh Rosen fan club never ceases to amaze. Aaron Rodgers.....come on man.

My point wasn’t to compare him to Rodgers as a player, it was to point out you don’t need to succeed day 1 as a rookie to have a solid career. Rosen just turned 23 years old. There is a 99% chance he will never be “the guy” in Miami. The hope is that he develops over the next 2 seasons and we at least get a small return on our 2nd round pick via a trade or a compensation pick.

My point wasn’t to compare him to Rodgers as a player, it was to point out you don’t need to succeed day 1 as a rookie to have a solid career. Rosen just turned 23 years old. There is a 99% chance he will never be “the guy” in Miami. The hope is that he develops over the next 2 seasons and we at least get a small return on our 2nd round pick via a trade or a compensation pick.

Or....to date in apple to apple comparison, QB Rosen has more NFL starts than Mr Rodgers did in the same window.

The rest I will leave alone.

Let the man show up and show out.

Lol Trade request? You have to have people willing to trade for you to pull that off.

I like having Rosen now that we drafted Tua. I really think he is going to push Tua and vice versa competition wise.

And let us be real, if anything were to happen to Tua we will have Rosen waiting to return to the field with more years under his belt.

Exactly!....makes me laugh when I read fans assume drafting Tua means he is now immune from injury after two years of multiple injuries?

Rosen was a top ten pick, if he develops the Dolphins are richer for it...the trade value is not worth the possibility the light bulb goes on for him!

A few quick thoughts:

1) Rosen is different than your average "Alpha QB." I don't think he'll ever be that style of leader. He's...aloof, in my opinion. A lot of people seem to think that makes him an a-hole. I don't believe that.

2) Rosen has absolutely zero leverage to request/demand a trade. And...he knows it. The Fins have him under their control for the next 2 years at the very minimum. At WORST he's a solid backup. And that's a good thing to have on the team. The Fins would be crazy to sell low on him right now and deal him, unless they get at the very least what they paid out for him.

3) Josh Rosen is younger than Joe Burrow. And he has TONS of talent. Like many of the other things that the Fins have done over the past year...he's a scratch-off lotto ticket. Do I think it's probable that the light suddenly comes on for him and he turns into the next Aaron Rodgers? No. But weirder things have happened.

When your starting QB is your leading rusher you better have depth at the QB position. Still think we see a Rosen trade at some point during the season

So far, it's hard to be excited about him. Sure, he went to two teams in a row with bad rosters and he didn't shine. Though, last year Fitz was doing pretty well considering what we had on the same team. So, it's hard to tell. Right now the guy looks to be becoming a career clipboard holder and if his number is called hopefully he doesn't suck. That's about the best I can expect from him so far.

We need to figure out if he's even capable as a backup to Tua before RF calls it a career. With RF, I'm comfortable backup wise. With just Rosen as backup, that's nightmare fuel.

A few quick thoughts:

1) Rosen is different than your average "Alpha QB." I don't think he'll ever be that style of leader. He's...aloof, in my opinion. A lot of people seem to think that makes him an a-hole. I don't believe that.

And Aaron Rodgers was too ****y according to Nick Saban.

Look, he came in with a huge ego, and was very quickly dropped at Arizona. He came here in a bit of a resurrection tour, bided his time, then got his shot ... and failed. He was replaced by the veteran who is not the long term solution. Now he's been drafted over (kinda like being recruited over) by a legendary prospect who was long considered one of if not the best QB prospect in the class.

At this point, I think Josh Rosen realizes he needs to improve, because the NFL is hard. He will get another chance, but it is unlikely to be this year unless QB's start getting Covid-19 and he's traded for after the season starts by a QB-desperate team. More likely, he'll play out his contract, become a FA, assess the interest in him, and go somewhere that promises him a chance to compete. For right now, he's just happy to collect his paycheck.

Hopefully he has re-dedicated himself to becoming the best he can be ... because the kid does have some ability. I bet watching Fitzmagic and Tua lead will help him understand how to be the guy the coaches and locker room want.

Rosen has already shown more arm talent than guys like Paxton Lynch who get brought in for fliers for years. I think its very likely he gets a shot with someone in a year or two, and if he has a stable offense around him he may be successful. I can't imagine that someone with his natural throwing ability won't be given a chance outside of the two disasters he's already been in, but the NFL is funny about QBs.

The Dolphins have made strides but they've proven nothing. It's still not a great roster. Still, this is a good opportunity for Rosen to man up.

Only on Finheaven would anyone want Fitzpatrick starting another game in Miami. Cool guy, great teammate but come on. It's time for the youth movement at QB.

2020 could be a red shirt year for Tua. Enter Josh Rosen. Dolphins have nothing to lose and a lot to prove.

The Dolphins have made strides but they've proven nothing. It's still not a great roster. Still, this is a good opportunity for Rosen to man up.

Only on Finheaven would anyone want Fitzpatrick starting another game in Miami. Cool guy, great teammate but come on. It's time for the youth movement at QB.

2020 could be a red shirt year for Tua. Enter Josh Rosen. Dolphins have nothing to lose and a lot to prove.

Don't confuse PREDICTING RF will start with WANTING him to start

Rosen has already shown more arm talent than guys like Paxton Lynch who get brought in for fliers for years. I think its very likely he gets a shot with someone in a year or two, and if he has a stable offense around him he may be successful. I can't imagine that someone with his natural throwing ability won't be given a chance outside of the two disasters he's already been in, but the NFL is funny about QBs.
There was never a doubt that he had the arm and brain for the job. With him it was always more about ego and leadership. We all hope he learns to lead and realize that humility and grinding does not make you a lesser talent, and his ego can exist unchallenged when he starts learning how to become a leader. Honestly, the Patriots system was perfect for his skill set, and if he conquers that, don't be surprised if he ends up in New England later in his career.

cut Fitz, and allow Tua to develop, so he will be on schedule, the team isn't looking towards the playoffs this season even with Fitz.

cut Fitz, and allow Tua to develop, so he will be on schedule, the team isn't looking towards the playoffs this season even with Fitz.

I don't agree with cutting Fitz at all. He's nobody's long term solution but his veteran presence and leadership have value (I have other posts about this). In a weird way, Fitz is the only QB on our roster I care for. I never wanted Rosen (I was afraid we were going to draft him in 2018) and I sure didn't want us drafting Tua this year. Alas, we move on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom