Has Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen requested a trade or release? The answer might surprise you | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen requested a trade or release? The answer might surprise you

Right now Rosen isnt a solid backup. Not even close...

How do you know? The coaches certainly aren't talking or giving anything away concerning his development during last year or this year.

What specific performance information do you have about Rosen during the last year that supports that supports your statement?

How do you know? The coaches certainly aren't talking or giving anything away concerning his development during last year or this year.

What specific performance information do you have about Rosen during the last year that supports that supports your statement?
That mirrors my thoughts about that post.

None of us has the slightest idea how far Rosen has come at making reads.

He obviously has the physical tools, and is fairly intelligent by all I have heard/read. The question remains can he process data quickly, and arrive at the correct decision.

Well Im going by what we've seen from Rosen so far... So by your standards, every non-starter on an NFL roster is a solid backup because we dont know how much they improved since the last time they got on the field...?

Well Im going by what we've seen from Rosen so far... So by your standards, every non-starter on an NFL roster is a solid backup because we dont know how much they improved since the last time they got on the field...?

Not quite. I do feel that every non-starter has some kind of status in their coaches eyes.

I do not know what that status is, except to say it must have some positives if the player made the roster. I don't know what those positives are nor do I know their coaches opinion of their current capabilities.

Do you?

Just...so we're talking about the same thing:

BACKUPS.

So who's a solid backup?

Josh McCown, the career backup guy who came in for the Eagles this past January and barfed all over himself? Oh...and he made $2 million for doing that. Here's a fun fact: Josh McCown played football in the NFL for four years before my son was born.

My son starts high school this month. Josh McCown is 41.

Jeff Driskel? The Lions backup? He was a thing for about a minute and a half. He managed to not set himself on fire. Also, he's started 8 games in his life. He's 1-7.

The Steelers backups actually managed to go 8-6 last year. Mason Rudolph and Devlin Freaking Hodges (I looked it up. That's actually his middle name) set the world on fire by managing 18 TDs and 17 Interceptions. In 14 games. Look out, Tommy Maddox.

Oh. You know who the Falcons's backup was last year? It was Matt Schaub. The same Matt Schaub who filled in for Michael Vick and earned himself a contract SIXTEEN YEARS AGO. Matt Schaub is easily 135 years old. (Side note - this is funny and all, but Matt Schaub actually kicked ass in one game last year. Good for him.)

Do you know who Baker Mayfield's backup was last year? It was Garret Gilbert. Do you know who Garrett Gilbert is? No you don't, stop it. He's thrown 6 passes since 2014...which is pretty easy, because he was out of football entirely for three years.

I can do this all day.

Do you know who Russell Wilson's backup was last year, and is RIGHT NOW? Today. This instant.

IT'S GENO MOTHER******* SMITH. Yeah. That guy. To be fair, he makes MARGINALLY less than Rosen.

I'm just gonna leave this next bit right here:

Tom Brady's backup is Blaine Gabbert.

Now. There IS A BACKUP QB from 2019 who took over and set the league afire. That's totally true. However, that QB, your friend and mine Ryan Tannehill...well, now his backup QB is Logan Woodside.

That's a quarter of the damn league.

You really gonna keep saying that Rosen isn't even close to being a solid backup when the ******* Super Bowl Champions had to drag Matt Moore out of retirement for a few games last year?

Caveat - I was several beers down when I wrote this last night. Sorry if it came off as over the top, NBP.

The only thing good about Rosen situation is that he was a 9 pick in 2018. Rosen just playing out his contract being guarantee money or he think he will be cut at end of pre season.. end of day Rosen dont have control of situation anyway...it up too dolphins.. it not. terrible situation be in at end of day as long as dolphins want u..

Our quarter back situation is the best it has been in decades. We have one of the greatest quarterbacks in college football history as a rookie waiting in the wings, a recent top 10 pick as a back up, and a veteran mentor to help those guys along.

Guys let's just let the chips fall where they may.

Back
Top Bottom