Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ?

when taking a look at dropped passes, i think u have to look deeper than the number.

A. where are these dropped passes taking place? are they 40-50 yd passes downfield that are being dropped on 3rd down, which is the difference between a big play and possible scoring drive and 4th down and punting, or r they 3 -4 yd passes on 2nd or 3rd and long, which would not have gotten much anyways?

also, my feeling on dropped passes in general, not just for the fins, is it all evens out over the long run, because there are also going to be plenty of a bit overthrown/ underthrown/ thrown behind balls that will be caught that should have been incomplete.

just my 2 cents for teams in the nfl in general.

if these 12 dropped passes, say like 6-7 were td passes dropped or big time plays, that is a big problem obviously

this is exactly what has happened. Sims, Hartline, Miller, Clay, Wallace, and Matthews have all dropped TDs or big gainers.

this is exactly what has happened. Sims, Hartline, Miller, Clay, Wallace, and Matthews have all dropped TDs or big gainers.
but r those considered in the 12 dropped passes?

i believe the official stat of dropped passes are balls that should have been caught but r not, not balls that we think should have been caught.

because to me, and i have seen every play this season, i dont recall a time where we missed a big td play and the ball was flat out dropped, or a big 40-50 yd play down field just flat out dropped.

i am sure there is an official list by whomever keeps track of these dropped passes, what the 12 dropped passes r

everyone has passes dropped and everyone has receivers that make great plays to catch bad passes.

but r those considered in the 12 dropped passes?

i believe the official stat of dropped passes are balls that should have been caught but r not, not balls that we think should have been caught.

because to me, and i have seen every play this season, i dont recall a time where we missed a big td play and the ball was flat out dropped, or a big 40-50 yd play down field just flat out dropped.

i am sure there is an official list by whomever keeps track of these dropped passes, what the 12 dropped passes r

Clearly you aren't watching closely. Try recalling the Sims drop in the endzone in week 1. Don't know how the Wallace flub was scored but that is another missed TD. Hartline 40 yards down field against the Bills? Clay and Miller on seam routes that would have been 20-30 yard gains. Gibson had a 30 yarder against KC. That led directly to the 48 yard FG attempt that was missed. Several others would have kept drives alive.

Clearly you aren't watching closely. Try recalling the Sims drop in the endzone in week 1. Don't know how the Wallace flub was scored but that is another missed TD. Hartline 40 yards down field against the Bills? Clay and Miller on seam routes that would have been 20-30 yard gains. Gibson had a 30 yarder against KC. That led directly to the 48 yard FG attempt that was missed. Several others would have kept drives alive.

and how many missed throws have there been when receivers are open? that stuff all evens out. the bottom line is he has been mediocre at best through 4 games.

and how many missed throws have there been when receivers are open? that stuff all evens out. the bottom line is he has been mediocre at best through 4 games.

dont tell him that, in his own delusional world, our qb is playing just like a 1st round, 8th overall, so called franchise qb should be playing in his short career as a fin.

if we have another 7-9, 8-8 season, some of them are already coming out and stating it will be due to lack of o line play ( i said some, not all)

I don't see Geno making it past week 6. When the players start having players only meetings that is a team in turmoil. That turmoil revolves around the QB play.

I don't see Geno making it past week 6. When the players start having players only meetings that is a team in turmoil. That turmoil revolves around the QB play.

yep...absolutely...and the fact that the oc is handcuffed with the qb and doesnt trust him...worse thing that oc could have said even though its completely true was we put too much on geno and then explaining it as being related to the red zone...they know the guys got serious limitations...

all the guys are backing Geno and bashing the fans and media. anything to bring them closer.

Yes that normally is what player only meetings address.

it's not all about Geno though. it's not like Geno has been the only one making mistakes.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

well i guess if it's either back geno or back mike vicks corpse :lol:

you should be worried about your next Tom Brady, the way Brady is playing now Ryan does kind of look like him.

dont tell him that, in his own delusional world, our qb is playing just like a 1st round, 8th overall, so called franchise qb should be playing in his short career as a fin.

if we have another 7-9, 8-8 season, some of them are already coming out and stating it will be due to lack of o line play ( i said some, not all)

8-8 my very well win the division this year!

don't deflect junc...we are talking about your hot garbage qb situation...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom