Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ? | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ?

Much better. That explains why the only numbers Fitzpatrick has that are better are 2 less INTs and he's only been sacked 4 times. Nevermind Tannehill has a better QBR, more completions and attempts, a better completion %, more yards, ypg, and TDs. All silly numbers that mean dick.

Yeah Fitzpatrick and co. beat Miami in Week 4. That's the one thing he has on Tannehill and Miami right now.

I forgot, you guys are impressed w/ garbage time #s.

have you seen Fitz scramble from pressure? he's a big reason why he has only been sacked 4 times. Last week geno came in and was sacked 3 times. we know you guys just like to blame your OL(I found it hilarious people are accepting the PFF grades on your OL this year but dismissed them 2 years ago when they ranked middle of the pack) but the QB does have some control on sacks taken.

the one thing? we saw what Ryan did at NE, a few days earlier Fitz gave his team a chance to win while Ryan didn't compete in NE.

have you seen Fitz scramble from pressure? he's a big reason why he has only been sacked 4 times. Last week geno came in and was sacked 3 times. we know you guys just like to blame your OL(I found it hilarious people are accepting the PFF grades on your OL this year but dismissed them 2 years ago when they ranked middle of the pack) but the QB does have some control on sacks taken.

the one thing? we saw what Ryan did at NE, a few days earlier Fitz gave his team a chance to win while Ryan didn't compete in NE.

Fitz had a full week of prep and didn't lose his RT early in the game. I'm not making excuses for Ryan's poor play Thursday, but it isn't a valid comparison.

Fitz had a full week of prep and didn't lose his RT early in the game. I'm not making excuses for Ryan's poor play Thursday, but it isn't a valid comparison.

yes you are. every player in that game didn't have a full week.

Fitz basically lost ivory who got dinged on the first play and wasn't himself all game, these things happen. doesn't mean you don't compete.

I'm still comparing Sanchez with Henne... 2 backups.. the only difference being one had a team that could carry him further.

I'm still comparing Sanchez with Henne... 2 backups.. the only difference being one had a team that could carry him further.

This is Ryan's 4th full year as starter and he will have ZERO playoff apps
Mark was a starter for 4 full years and we know the rest.

This is Ryan's 4th full year as starter and he will have ZERO playoff apps
Mark was a starter for 4 full years and we know the rest.

We know that if it were up to him in 09 and not Bill Polian, he'd be sitting home. We know that he went through a collassal melt down against 3 losing teams to finish 8-8 in '11. We know that he sucked in 12. So he had one year, '10 where, as Mike Westhoff more or less politically framed it: he stayed far enough away from the drivers of that postseason bus not to interfere. Again, Henne could have done as well with what he had to work with... Tannehill much better.

We know that if it were up to him in 09 and not Bill Polian, he'd be sitting home. We know that he went through a collassal melt down against 3 losing teams to finish 8-8 in '11. We know that he sucked in 12. So he had one year, '10 where, as Mike Westhoff more or less politically framed it: he stayed far enough away from the drivers of that postseason bus not to interfere. Again, Henne could have done as well with what he had to work with... Tannehill much better.

you keep talking about fantasy scenarios, the reality is he helped us reach 2 postseason and helped us win 4 road postseason games and reach 2 title games.

Your Westhoff out of context quote is awesome, how about philbin asking the D in practice to take it easy on Tannehill so they don't ruin his confidence?:lol:

you keep talking about fantasy scenarios, the reality is he helped us reach 2 postseason and helped us win 4 road postseason games and reach 2 title games.

Your Westhoff out of context quote is awesome, how about philbin asking the D in practice to take it easy on Tannehill so they don't ruin his confidence?:lol:

ExtremeIrony-1.gif

Yeah Im sure it had nothing to do with the fact that PS players were ****ing up a walkthrough.

Ah. So that means Fitzpatrick is better. Completely reasonable.

Ah. So that means Fitzpatrick is better. Completely reasonable.

It is going to be an ugly sight when Fitzpatrick crashes and burns. I am surprised that Junc is falling into this trap given that it wasn't all that long ago that Fitz ripped the collective heart from the entire Buffalo Bills fanbase and stomped on it. The guy is the classic NFL QB example of "Fool's Gold".

It is going to be an ugly sight when Fitzpatrick crashes and burns. I am surprised that Junc is falling into this trap given that it wasn't all that long ago that Fitz ripped the collective heart from the entire Buffalo Bills fanbase and stomped on it. The guy is the classic NFL QB example of "Fool's Gold".

He isn't even fool's gold. He's a journeyman QB who isn't going to win anything. He's a rent-a-QB for the Jets this year. Can they win 10 games? Sure. They have talent on offense and the defense is good. But that doesn't they'll do anything with Fitzpatrick at the helm.

I am NOT sold on Fitz though he has been playing really well for us but in watching him this year he's been better than Ryan and it's not close. he was under pressure all game yesterday, he had no run game, our D was giving up big plays and yet we found a way to win in part b/c of him.

^^^
He isn't even fool's gold. He's a journeyman QB who isn't going to win anything. He's a rent-a-QB for the Jets this year. Can they win 10 games? Sure. They have talent on offense and the defense is good. But that doesn't they'll do anything with Fitzpatrick at the helm.

Fitzpatrick is a journeyman QB, true, but what he lacks is some physical ability, primarily arm-strength. He certainly has the leadership skills and feel for the game to take a team to the playoffs and maybe win a game or two. If he had a better arm, I think he'd be considered as good as Cutler, Rivers, Stafford, Dalton, etc. It has to be a good team, though, because he needs help. If he gets the help, Fitzy won't lose the game for you by not being ready for the snap in the shadow of his own goal line; he might lose the game on an INT in the closing seconds trying to force a pass into a receiver in the end zone on fourth-and-goal with no TOs left. But then, I think that's happened to a few other QBs in that situation over the years.

When he played with the Bills, the Bills had serious deficiencies in that they couldn't pass block, couldn't run well in short yardage situations, and couldn't stop the run. He'd do much better with the current Bills, and that's why he's doing well with the Jets.

I personally always loved him, and I wish him well, even to rooting for the Jets ... unless he's playing the Bills, so I hope that Kyle's ready by Thursday, and he and Jerry and Mario make Fitzy's night miserable.

Back
Top Bottom