Has Mayes turned it around | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Mayes turned it around

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Alonzo Mayes has gone from making TE our #2 priority in the draft and being a sure 6/1 or camp cut to starting TE :eek: That's what cutting out the Big Macs will do:

A-mayes-ing results

In the span of six weeks, tight end Alonzo Mayes has gone from the doghouse to the verge of taking the starting spot away from Jed Weaver.

Mayes stunned coaches by reporting at close to 300 pounds at the start of offseason workouts, which is one of the reasons the team decided to draft a tight end (Georgia’s Randy McMichael) in the fourth round rather than later in the draft. Mayes, though, weighed 279 last week and looked better than the other tight ends in camp.

Mayes still has to lose at least 15 pounds, something he needs to remember with Dolphins players having this week off.

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-marvez050502.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Hopefully............

this was the wakeup call that Alonzo needed. He's a talented player that if he puts forth the effort/conditioning,etc. he will become our starting TE this year.;)

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
We have such great depth at TE now. Look for four TEs to make the roster.
  1. Weaver
  2. Mayes
  3. McMichael
  4. Perry
    [/list=1]

I think that Dave has............

has given Alonzo a scare/ultimatum(lose the weight,show the effort) or else he will be a June 1st casualty. I think he woke up and realized this is his last chance to be our starting TE. My opinion is that he has the most physical talent of any of our current TE's on the roster(Randy McMichael will take a year or two to develp).

I really think that kind of sucks, as there shouldn't be any player who "needs a wake up call"

You get paid a lot of money to play a game, keep yourself in shape, and be ready to perform. Damn I bust my ass in the gym, eat right, just so I can play competitive flag football. lol

Originally posted by dolfan87
I really think that kind of sucks, as there shouldn't be any player who "needs a wake up call"

You get paid a lot of money to play a game, keep yourself in shape, and be ready to perform. Damn I bust my ass in the gym, eat right, just so I can play competitive flag football. lol

That's true 87. I agree with you entirely. If I was playing in the NFL, I'd be giving 110% everyday. The money is nice, but to play in professional sports is a rare privelage that only a few get to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom