Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ?

I agree. I just also believe that focusing on "wow" plays is the least effective way to evaluate a QB. Reality is that +90% of the time the QB just has to make the right read and get the ball to the right place on time. That's how guys like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Joe Montana and Peyton Manning won so often. And Tua has as much or more athleticism (arm strength, speed, agility, etc) than all of those guys. NFL history is littered with QBs who made "wow" plays but couldn't do the job consistently enough the rest of the time. The "wow" QBs like Mahomes and Josh Allen who succeed are anomalies. Most of the time they end up forgotten (think Kyle Boller, Druckenmiller, CKap, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, etc.).
I get your point….I’m just pointing out that even the guys you named “wowed” us with their ability, Brady even did last year!

Tua obviously didn’t impress many last year for whatever reasons.

I also think your perception of Tua’s arm strength might be a tad off of reality!

Top pick get critiques..There ain't but one way handle that ball out or they go keep talking **** about u.. until another qb take ur job..this the nfl...not for long. it dont make no sense for fans get mad..Tua know what he need do..
Chris Pratt What GIF

It won’t take that long, I think we’ll have a pretty good measure after this year.

of course, those of us that preferred Herbert before that draft already feel we missed on the pick!
Qb are hard pick...Tua was safe and popular pick...Herbert was unknown...we will see..only time will tell..

Qb are hard pick...Tua was safe and popular pick...Herbert was unknown...we will see..only tune will tell..
I didn’t see it that way at the time…..

I saw Herbert as a prototype with amazing physical skills being misused in Oregon’s offense.

I saw Tua as a small, less physically talented, injured QB.

The choice was clear to me…I’m hoping Tua proves me wrong because I’m a lifetime Dolphin fan, who would rather see them win ….than be right!

I saw Herbert as a prototype with amazing physical skills being misused in Oregon’s offense.

The choice was clear to me…I’m hoping Tua proves me wrong because I’m a lifetime Dolphin fan, who would rather see them win ….than be right!
Well u got good point.. probably right

Did you only had negatives in your evaluation of Tua? Let's say Herbert's off the board as well, who do you select?
I had Herbert as the best QB in draft and would have taken him. However, I was just as excited with Tua. Because my 2 year evaluation of him is littered with excellence.

Did you only had negatives in your evaluation of Tua? Let's say Herbert's off the board as well, who do you select?
I had Herbert as the best QB in draft and would have taken him. However, I was just as excited with Tua. Because my 2 year evaluation of him is littered with excellence.
I saw Tua as a good player, but in reality Mac Jones did just as well or better with that Alabama talent around him.

What always bothered me about Tua was the key turnovers in big games against Clemson and LSU. When Taken into account with his current injury and injury history as a whole it was clear to me.

You did? At the TIME of the draft? Really? I call BS on that one lol...

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF
Really? Don't you follow the board?

I moved Herbert to my #1 for Miami about a year ago. He is still at #1 for Miami with Fromm a very close second.

This is Nov 19th 2019

I always had Herbert 1. And I admit had Fromm ranked high. But by draft, it was Herbert then Tua.

Back
Top Bottom