Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ?

Traitor GIF by memecandy
I love Terry

I went back and checked my Herbert posts. I was one of his most vocal supporters. There are several of them that you 'liked'.
My question is how did I decieve you? I was pretty straight forward with my position.

I always saw Herbert as a guy that folds like a used lawn chair, question still unanswered imo

I always saw Herbert as a guy that folds like a used lawn chair, question still unanswered imo
That was a common knock on him, especially on this sight.
He did have 3 game winning 4th quarter drives last year: Atl, Lvr, Den.

Not that it proves anything. But is a direct stat on your concern.

Those were all the last month of the season when the Chargers were completely out of it and had absolutely no pressure. Maybe it’s something he can build on, maybe not. Let me see a game winning drive against a quality opponent with the playoffs on the line. like Tua, we really didn’t get enough games to make any definitive conclusions.

There is no proof of anything It is far too soon to compare…

Herbert was misused at O and he can be coached up and will likely be a good QB

So yes Herbert had my attention until….

And it may surprise a few who don’t only read the stats lines at the end of games (not you Scott) that while in Oregon Herbert pulled himself out of a game in I believe the 4th quarter in a key moment when they needed to move the chains - the QB who came off the bench flubbed up

Sure he took a whollop the play before but really??? He is going to get lit up harder in the NFL

On the flip side as you kno

While Tua was in Bama he was playing games he shouldn’t have been in period end of story but for the selfishness of Saban - Tua was already secured his place as a top pick and was playing for his teammates

I see a difference in the mentality of these two players

This media thing that Tua looks small or was small and not that much of an athlete is quite funny considering he was 6 foot and 217 - when he was drafted

For me it comes down to fit and the long game and the FO wants to hold onto the ball and make few mistakes which is in my opinion wise considering most games are won on The TO margin.

I went back and checked my Herbert posts. I was one of his most vocal supporters. There are several of them that you 'liked'.
My question is how did I decieve you? I was pretty straight forward with my position.
just having fun bud.

I get your point….I’m just pointing out that even the guys you named “wowed” us with their ability, Brady even did last year!

Tua obviously didn’t impress many last year for whatever reasons.

I also think your perception of Tua’s arm strength might be a tad off of reality!
2492DF0A-7065-45B1-883B-60F59E112203.png

I get your point….I’m just pointing out that even the guys you named “wowed” us with their ability, Brady even did last year!

Tua obviously didn’t impress many last year for whatever reasons.

I also think your perception of Tua’s arm strength might be a tad off of reality!
Brady was not wowing anybody with physical ability in his first few years. I recall arguing on Dolphin message boards back then that Brady was good and being laughed at b/c he was just a weak armed QB. That's what people who rely on the "eyeball test" forget. People remember how great a player was during their career but forget the struggles and criticisms early on. I have a buddy who raves about Dan Marino now and how he always knew he'd be great. But that's B.S. I remember that same guy complaining that Marino was too dumb during that first game where he threw some very bad INTs. His revisionist history now only remembers the wow throws, but in the moment he certainly wasn't say Marino would be great.

Peyton Manning was heavily criticized for having a weak arm coming out. That was one of the main arguments for Leaf over Manning in 1998. Leaf was the guy with the gun while Manning was the guy who "Lacks great arm strength. Passes tend to wobble at times." That quote was from the AP draft breakdown for that year. His velocity was below even Tua's "60% that we saw last year. Many of those 20+ INTs Manning threw that year were blamed on his lack of arm strength. Brady's velocity by those who measure that stuff was about 60 MPH in his prime and that's about what the measurements for Tua came in at. Those are facts. And frankly Brady never had a weak arm. He didn't have "wow" velocity but it was always good arm strength and it was better than the other guys I mentioned. People thinking that Tua's arm strength is less than that of the guys I mentioned are the ones who are a tad off reality.

Brady was not wowing anybody with physical ability in his first few years. I recall arguing on Dolphin message boards back then that Brady was good and being laughed at b/c he was just a weak armed QB. That's what people who rely on the "eyeball test" forget. People remember how great a player was during their career but forget the struggles and criticisms early on. I have a buddy who raves about Dan Marino now and how he always knew he'd be great. But that's B.S. I remember that same guy complaining that Marino was too dumb during that first game where he threw some very bad INTs. His revisionist history now only remembers the wow throws, but in the moment he certainly wasn't say Marino would be great.

Peyton Manning was heavily criticized for having a weak arm coming out. That was one of the main arguments for Leaf over Manning in 1998. Leaf was the guy with the gun while Manning was the guy who "Lacks great arm strength. Passes tend to wobble at times." That quote was from the AP draft breakdown for that year. His velocity was below even Tua's "60% that we saw last year. Many of those 20+ INTs Manning threw that year were blamed on his lack of arm strength. Brady's velocity by those who measure that stuff was about 60 MPH in his prime and that's about what the measurements for Tua came in at. Those are facts. And frankly Brady never had a weak arm. He didn't have "wow" velocity but it was always good arm strength and it was better than the other guys I mentioned. People thinking that Tua's arm strength is less than that of the guys I mentioned are the ones who are a tad off reality.
Arm strength is not Tua main problem...getting ball down field is a concern,maybe reading defense and stop hold ball to long. That what I see.he need work on..

Last edited:

Disagree about Marino…it was evident very early he was special….resulting in rookie of the year, pro bowl and 2nd team All-pro! …and leading this team to the playoffs!

OT, but, IMO, Brady is an above average QB with an uncanny ability to read Ds and make adjustments.
As for TT, I still don't get the lengthy discussions. Didn't play well overall, but showed flashes for multiple consecutive drives - something rookie QBs don't often do when they 'flash.' Media doen't care about no PS, poor receiving corp, or other REASONS. They have doubts based on (partly) his play and Miami's history of inability to string together good seasons. I get the skepticism. Miami dug itself a hole and prove they have climbed out

Back
Top Bottom