has the window of oportunity closed on us ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

has the window of oportunity closed on us ?

maverick50

the top gun of all fin fans
Reaction score
i was listening to the radio and they were talking about jeff garcia and one guy asked what teams needed a qb and on man said miami and minnesota but one of the host replied miami 's defense has gotten so old they are on social security already. the window of oportunity is almost shut.
so dolphin fans has the window of oportunity already closed ? i dont think it has yet but how fast is everbody expecting the defense to be replenished? i think it will take f/a and two more drafts to fix it.
how many oline men do we need ? what about ricky and ronnie and how many receivers do we need to get. honestly i think we nedd 2 ol , 2 wrs and a qb and we need 1 more te but on defense i really dont know how many defensive linemen and db's we really need in order to get our defense in prime condition.

cb: 2-3
s: 1 (depth)
mlb: 1 (depth)
olb: 1 (starter)
d-line: 2 dt (one starter, one depth)

O-line: 2 starters
fb: 1 (starter)
rb: 0
wr: 1
qb: 0 give cpep one more year

Nahhh, window is not closed. While it is true our defense is old, we have quite a few defensive linemen that may or may not be ready to step in. What we really need is a shut down corner, and a beast of an outside linebacker to play oppposite of JT. On offense well, thats a different story, we need a center, a left tackle, a speedburner for the outside, and a road grader for a guard on the left side. And we need a QB to groom.

Not a small order, but doable.

I don't think there is a window to close anymore in the NFL. With the right GM and coach in place, anything is possible. I think we now satisfy those requirements, and the sky is the limit.

IMO, the window is still open. Zach and JT show no signs of slowing down. The secondary is fairly young. If we could just get some kind of offensive fire power the fins could contend for a playoff spot.

cb: 2-3
s: 1 (depth)
mlb: 1 (depth)
olb: 1 (starter)
d-line: 2 dt (one starter, one depth)

O-line: 2 starters
fb: 1 (starter)
rb: 0
wr: 1
qb: 0 give cpep one more year

I agree almost 100% with that. I think that at safety we could use 1 starter and 1 for depth.

The window is so damn close to shutting that only a worm can slip through the crack.

This team has so many holes and needs its not even funny anymore!!..Its pathetic and made us a laughing stock.

It's amazing how one person's opinion can be so much more different then anothers.

There is no window. There never was. Any team can come out of the blue to win it. It is never easy obviously but it can happen.

Fins in 2007!

i was listening to the radio and they were talking about jeff garcia and one guy asked what teams needed a qb and on man said miami and minnesota but one of the host replied miami 's defense has gotten so old they are on social security already. the window of oportunity is almost shut.
so dolphin fans has the window of oportunity already closed ? i dont think it has yet but how fast is everbody expecting the defense to be replenished? i think it will take f/a and two more drafts to fix it.
how many oline men do we need ? what about ricky and ronnie and how many receivers do we need to get. honestly i think we nedd 2 ol , 2 wrs and a qb and we need 1 more te but on defense i really dont know how many defensive linemen and db's we really need in order to get our defense in prime condition.

Yes, we'll never make it.

We have absolutely no chance for success.

We are the 1998 Rams and the 2005 Saints, two teams with no chance in the coming season.............uh..........................:bighug:

The window closed when Marino retired and we've been trying to get it open ever since!

The window was painted shut when Saban took over. Cam has a very successful blueprint, It just takes good drafting, equallly good coaching and targeted free agents.It's going be heck for 1-2 seasons then look out!1-3 to be respectable3-5 to be dominate

Back
Top Bottom