Has there ever been a better CB tackler... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has there ever been a better CB tackler...

PerfectSZN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now that Surtain is gone, I was sitting here remembering how good of a tackler he was especially in run support. Has there ever been a better Miami CB which could make the open field tackle the way Surtain did? I believe Surtain to be the best overall CB ever here.

Damn we are going to miss him. Hopefully, someone steps up for us or RB's rarely get past our DL!!!!!!!

PerfectSZN said:
Now that Surtain is gone, I was sitting here remembering how good of a tackler he was especially in run support. Has there ever been a better Miami CB which could make the open field tackle the way Surtain did? I believe Surtain to be the best overall CB ever here.

Damn we are going to miss him. Hopefully, someone steps up for us or RB's rarely get past our DL!!!!!!!

Sam Madison, just kidding, he couldn't tackle me.

Antoine Winfield in Minnesota is a solid tackler.

Surtain is also very good.

Troy Vincent was pretty good also, however I am not sure he was better than Surtain.

PerfectSZN said:

If you're going with "ever" how about Dick Night Train Lane? Surtain defeinitely was a great tackler for the Phins. Almost like having an extra safety in run support.

I started watching football and the Fins around 1979. I was hoping to get some feedback about some that I never saw.

I hope Will Poole gets better quick. I believe he will be a good corner someday if he is the same after surgery.

well, this may just be me pumping up a guy that i think can be pretty helpful to us, but on travis daniels highlight film he seemed like smart tackler. I won't use the term 'great' yet, but he always keeps the ball in front of him and atleast stops the offensive players progress.

well, this may just be me pumping up a guy that i think can be pretty helpful to us, but on travis daniels highlight film he seemed like s mart tackler.

He has looked good from what I have read so far. Hopefully it is that he "is" good and not that he just knows the Saban system better than most which is making him look better than he is.

It would be awesome if Travis Daniels does turn out to be a starting calibar corner and then Will Poole comes back full force!

I would have to say definitely Antoine Winfield is the best tackling CB in the league. Some other players I would throw into the mix would have to Ronde Barber and maybe even Marcus Trufant believe it or not, from what I watched him play... I was impressed with his tackling ability for a CB.

PerfectSZN said:
He has looked good from what I have read so far. Hopefully it is that he "is" good and not that he just knows the Saban system better than most which is making him look better than he is.

Hey, the right kinda system will make anyone an all-pro. Look at the patriots corners that filled in for ty law, there was hardly any noticable drop off. Which honeslty makes ya wonder about ty laws real dominance. I think if daniels is a product of the system, thats just fine, because its the system we're gonna run. I think Saban knew that when he drafted him.

I'm alright with hearing about other teams good CBs but I really asked if there was ever a better Dolphin CB.

I have to agree, Winfield is one of the best tackling corners I have ever seen. It is rare to see a cornerback use such great technique everytime.

Back
Top Bottom