Haskins Declares! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haskins Declares!

Now that Haskins declared for the draft and will definitely be the first QB off the board, anyone else thinking/hoping we find a way to move up to grab him? I've read alot of posts about tanking for next season to get one of the big 2 but I believe Haskins can be in the same ballpark as those 2. And hes available THIS SEASON.

I'd be interested in a package like this years 1st, 4th and next years 1st to move up to maybe the 3rd spot just ahead of the Jags who will clearly be looking for a QB. What u guys think?

If we get Haskins for switching firsts this year, and then giving them a fourth and next years first i would stop and do my happy dance no matter where I'm at

Now that Haskins declared for the draft and will definitely be the first QB off the board, anyone else thinking/hoping we find a way to move up to grab him? I've read alot of posts about tanking for next season to get one of the big 2 but I believe Haskins can be in the same ballpark as those 2. And hes available THIS SEASON.

I'd be interested in a package like this years 1st, 4th and next years 1st to move up to maybe the 3rd spot just ahead of the Jags who will clearly be looking for a QB. What u guys think?

Yes...I would like to see them get a conviction on one of these QB’s...whether it’s Haskins, Grier, Murray, Jones, Stick, Lock etc etc etc.....

And go get that guy...where ever that needs to be!

I would love Haskins. You are going to have to sell the farm draft day to make sure you jump ahead of the Jags and Giants though. I mean like RG3 type of trade. I don’t know anyone short of Marino is worth that.

Yes. Absolutely. Sell the farm. Seriously.

If you believe this guy can be a franchise QB, you do anything you can to get him.

If these past 20 years have shown us anything, it doesn’t matter who you take with any first round pick. If you don’t have a true franchise QB, you’re not going to get anywhere

Since every team looking for a starting QB drafts ahead of Miami prognosis not likely.

Would I want Miami to spend their 1st on him if he falls, absolutely!

If only there was a picture of him in a gas mask bong out there.

I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Haskins. I saw him play twice this past season and was not impressed. I'd rather go Easton Stick in the second.

If Grier is serious about building a team "the right way" and through the draft then does it really make sense to give all of your draft picks away for 1 player?

If we have a total conviction on him and think he's going to be an elite talent then hell yes, you do whatever you can to get him.

we need to be careful. there isn't a solid group of five that people will be looking to grab. I assume lock and Haskins go and then it's a bit of a decline after that. I'm not trading any picks this year. We will want capital for the next 2 years after this

Building through the draft doesn't mean you don't make trades within the framework of the draft. It means you don't give up picks for others castoffs or pay bloated contracts to over age players, injury prone players, etc... and suck in FA.

While we are focusing on next yr we still may not tank enough to get a Tua or Fromm so then you are trading away those picks and future picks to get your guy. You have to play it as it comes. Is Haskins cheaper this yr than Tua next? I don't know but looking ahead instead of what is in front of you is very dumb logic. There are options in every draft. Is Tua or Fromm better than Haskins? Debatable but if I can get the bird in hand now than I am taking it.

Also what coach wants to be told he has to wait on his QB possibly in 2020 or 21? I would want to be told that the franchise will explore every opportunity this year and next.

One thing is for certain we need to bring in several QBs for training camp. Both draft choices, veteran free agents and undrafted guys. Enough of this not drafting any QBs early or signing competition for the position.

Back
Top Bottom