Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

I actually said to to a friend just before the move Tua doesn't have it today and with the way the O line was playing I would give Fitz a chance to go get a win.

Almost worked and if it did the narrative today with our 6 game winning streak intact would be a lot different

Fitz is a hell Mary at this point I know that. TD or INT is what you get probably 50/50
Sometimes that's the thing to do IMO

Lol I made it to the end of this thread. Lots of good laughs.

After wasting the better part of a decade on Tannehill and his total ineptitude, you guys are ready to give up on Tua in a month. LoL.

Tua is a better prospect that Tannehill was. That alone should buy Tua a few years.

If Tua looks like this next year at this time, than ill join the Anti-Tua train but until then Tua has my support.

Also let's not forget had Tua won on Sunday he would have been only rhe 3rd QB since 1981 to win his first 4 starts. The other two were Roethlisberger and Phil Simms.

Also Denver sucks to play at when its cold. Our oline was gassed by the thin air almost immediatly.

just point me to the top 5 picks that were pulled 4 games in. That was the basis of my argument.

i did say that I understood some of the circumstances around it but a good thing? Unless it’s qb preservation mode I don’t see how.
I not saying its a normal thing, but what isnt normal about it is the coaches decision more than the bad play. All Im saying is that NFL HCs usually let their rookie QBs sink or swim once they name them the starter, Flores having a different mindset than the herd doesnt mean Tua is playing worst than all these top 5 picks who didnt get benched in similar occasions...

I not saying its a normal thing, but what isnt normal about it is the coaches decision more than the bad play. All Im saying is that NFL HCs usually let their rookie QBs sink or swim once they name them the starter, Flores having a different mindset than the herd doesnt mean Tua is playing worst than all these top 5 picks who didnt get benched in similar occasions...
I think it is much simpler than some are making it out to be.

We still had a chance to win the game, and the way things were going, Flo felt Fitz had a better shot, and to hell with what ppl think.

Pretty simple.

If the game was already lost, I don't know that he pulls TT.

when did I say it did?

After wasting the better part of a decade on Tannehill and his total ineptitude, you guys are ready to give up on Tua in a month. LoL.

Tua is a better prospect that Tannehill was. That alone should buy Tua a few years.

If Tua looks like this next year at this time, than ill join the Anti-Tua train but until then Tua has my support.

Also let's not forget had Tua won on Sunday he would have been only rhe 3rd QB since 1981 to win his first 4 starts. The other two were Roethlisberger and Phil Simms.

Also Denver sucks to play at when its cold. Our oline was gassed by the thin air almost immediatly.
I mentioned having to play in the thin air on the game day thread and I was basically told that I was just making excuses for the poor play of the Dolphins.
Many on here who are used to living at sea level just don’t understand how difficult it is to adjust to an altitude over 5000 ft. in one day.

I have lived in South Florida since 1961. When I was much younger and in much better shape than I am in now, we used to go to Colorado every winter to ski for a week. While I never completely adjusted to the altitude change in just a week. The first couple of days were always difficult skiing while my body got used to the higher altitude and less oxygen.

Even though NFL players are suppose to be in excellent physical condition , it is still difficult for 300 lbs plus linemen to get used to playing at high altitude in one day. I take nothing away from the Broncos. They played better than the Dolphins and they deserved to win the game. Yet I also believe that playing at high altitude while living and training at sea level certainly took a toll on Dolphin players over the course of the entire game.

Last edited:
I love that Flo pulled Tua, He went for the win. We all could see the kid did not have it that day.How many times have you wanted a coach to make that move? The kid has not thrown an interception in 4 games . Fitz in the 2 drives has thrown 1 in the same 4 games. The o-line sucked on Sunday. We are on our 4 th string rb, Parker at wr, and a tight end. Do I love his game yet , no. Do I think he can lead us to a Super Bowl victory playing in a Flo system. Yes. Give the guy talent. Let him grow. See how he responses to the benching. See how the team responds. Flo showed that anybody on his teams can be replaced if not playing up to their level. Flo wants a qb that can make plays , yet not make dumb mistakes

If you need a new qb, wait out the Jets. Sam Darnold is going out in NY, destroyed by Gase. Bad foot work, but showed promise early in his career , Gase was the worst coach for him. He is very young still. Could bust like Rosen or could become a star. Can make all of the throws. He is something we could roll the dice with that does not cost us much. I prefer Tua, but Sam could push him and considering how often qbs get injured it might work.

How did Murray look when he started his career?

Game 1-
29/54...308yrds...2 TDs/1 INT...75.2

Game 2-
25/40...349...0 TDs/ 0 INT....90.5

Game 3-
30/43...173...2TDs/2 INTs....73.1

Game 4-
22/32...241...0 TDs/0 INTs...77.7

But wait, that's unfair, Tua got to sit and learn for 6 games (Even though Murray had a Pre-Season that Tua didn't, for argument sake, lets see how Kyler did games 7,8,9, and 10)

Game 7-
14/21...104...0 TDs/0 INTs...78.3

Game 8-
19/33...220...0 TDs/0 INTs...77.8

Game 9-
17/24...241...2 TDs/0 INTs...130.7

Game 10-
27/44...324...3 TDs/1 INTs...97.2

As you can see, even after 8 games, Kyler was still being asked to sling it all over the place and still not looking like todays Kyler Murray until game 9.

Don't get me wrong, not saying you're wrong or right, just that Tua is being brought along slowly, being asked to do only as much as he needs to, to win games, and this past week was the 1st game he was not able to do enough to help his team...Give him time to either succeed or fail, before making him out to be a bust.

Murray was the better physical talent, period.

Herbert was the better prospect and will be the better pro. Burrow too. Tua doesn’t have an NFL arm. He needs to be further along on the mental aspect of the game. Even at his best we will be a garbage horizontal offense that can’t score quick or run the ball. His ceiling is low.

wins aren’t a quarterback stat and tannehill has easily been top 10 in the nfl since getting out of our dumpster fire of a team.

Murray was the better physical talent, period.

Herbert was the better prospect and will be the better pro. Burrow too. Tua doesn’t have an NFL arm. He needs to be further along on the mental aspect of the game. Even at his best we will be a garbage horizontal offense that can’t score quick or run the ball. His ceiling is low.

Oh, OK then, I guess that's settled then.

Tua should have quit when Miami played the Cards and the Chargers...How shortsighted of him not seeing superior quality at QB.

I agree but Tua doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me. No way should he be outplayed by Fitz
You mean in the long term (5 game sample) or just during that game?

Back
Top Bottom