Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

It's hard for someone to totally explain but this website does a very thorough and good job of explaining all about Kyle Pitts..with some video included..if you wanna take a look.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort. This is pretty much what I've seen on Pitts up to this point. A very good receiving TE but not really a complete player at that position yet. They say he needs work on his blocking, the one clip showed him struggling to stop a blitzing safety. No real "unicorn" talk. In fact, they project him to be drafted early to mid first round.

You know, you can talk to me directly. I'm right here.
I assumed you’d see and read it. I should’ve quoted. Apologies
He went up against them and put up half the numbers.

People love to tout Pitts's strengths, but dishonestly hide his weaknesses.

Well, yet, he didn’t? Yes, if you’re looking at touchdowns vs yards..but I’m looking at the actual effort versus the CB and not other stuff that involves variables like QBs etc. Pitts and Waddle separated themselves from the CB in their route.

so actually I saw a guy who got better separation on those CBs than anyone but Waddle. PFF agrees as well.

I don’t draft the QB who threw for the most yards and TDs in the draft every year, as they do not always translate. Going by your logic, we can assume that Pitts will be the 9th best pass catcher in the draft? Based off his stats of course.

I disagree with that. I’m also of the opinion we should draft Chase if no Pitts, then Waddle, then smith

The more days go by, the closer we get to the draft the more I become convinced that we should have stayed put at 3.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort. This is pretty much what I've seen on Pitts up to this point. A very good receiving TE but not really a complete player at that position yet. They say he needs work on his blocking, the one clip showed him struggling to stop a blitzing safety. No real "unicorn" talk. In fact, they project him to be drafted early to mid first round.
Whatever you think, brother.

No point in arguing. Seems anything said falls on 'deaf ears.'

There is no one that thinks Kyle Pitts is best utilized as a blocking TE or being asked to block a lot. He is best used catching passes, all over the formation, not just at TE but all WR positions, as well.

Early to mid 1st round is not a slight..notice the "Early"..his "Unicorn" label has nothing to do with his blocking ability, or lack there of.

To quote his College coach, Dan Mullen:

“He’s kind of like a unicorn,” said Mullen, “and the only way you can defend a unicorn is with another unicorn. If you don’t have a unicorn on defense, you got a problem.”

Carry on, though, bro. Carry on.

Maybe he'll just have to prove it to you and the others once the pads come on. I am certain he will. :cool:

I assumed you’d see and read it. I should’ve quoted. Apologies

Well, yet, he didn’t? Yes, if you’re looking at touchdowns vs yards..but I’m looking at the actual effort versus the CB and not other stuff that involves variables like QBs etc. Pitts and Waddle separated themselves from the CB in their route.

so actually I saw a guy who got better separation on those CBs than anyone but Waddle. PFF agrees as well.

I don’t draft the QB who threw for the most yards and TDs in the draft every year, as they do not always translate. Going by your logic, we can assume that Pitts will be the 9th best pass catcher in the draft? Based off his stats of course.

I disagree with that. I’m also of the opinion we should draft Chase if no Pitts, then Waddle, then smith
The dude you're trying to prove a point to has had a go at me about Pitts many a time..he'll never chance his stance or listen..good luck, broseph!

This year is starting to look like a repeat with this organization that started with JJ....trade back for extra picks, miss out on a special player!

1998...JJ trades out of his first round pick at 19 for the 29th pick. 2 hall of famers are drafted between 19-29 that the draft genius Jimmy didn’t perceive....Randy Moss (an all time great wideout) and Alan Faneca.

He also receives pick 60 in the trade, but he trades down again for 3 later picks.

The net result...we lose hall of famer Randy Moss...we picked up John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw and John Dutton. In other words, for 1st and 2nd round pick...we got 4 nothing’s.....zip!

We repeated the mistake in 2010....Trading out of Earl Thomas for Jared Odrick and Koa
Misi.

Trading down is not a good thing if your missing out on hall of fame talent.

Chris Greer was in a hurry to trade out of pick #3....and the net of trading down to #6 is we may lose out on 1 or 2 special players...Kyle Pitts looks like a truly rare and special talent that was ours at 3....at 6? It’s looking worse everyday!

And for what? A 2023 first round pick two years from now?

If we miss out on Kyle Pitts and he becomes a gold jacket wearing all time great(as I think he will)...this was yet another massive trade down disaster by this organization...I’m praying he gets to 6.

Taking Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle at #3, great as it may be, would leave a taste in your mouth that was not great, at 6, you were able to get extra draft capital, while still getting one of those players.

The important part of the draft is not who comes out with most possible HOF, but who comes out with the most quality players that will help.the organization reach, and win championships...Pitts, Chase, Smith, and Waddle all are significant talents to do that.

I also would love Pitts, but if it's one of the other three...No problem.

There is no one that thinks Kyle Pitts is best utilized as a blocking TE or being asked to block a lot. He is best used catching passes, all over the formation, not just at TE but all WR positions, as well.

Early to mid 1st round is not a slight..notice the "Early"..his "Unicorn" label has nothing to do with his blocking ability, or lack there of.

“He’s kind of like a unicorn,” said Mullen, “and the only way you can defend a unicorn is with another unicorn. If you don’t have a unicorn on defense, you got a problem.”

Maybe he'll just have to prove it to you and the others once the pads come on. I am certain he will. :cool:

I’m just replying here as a placeholder to remind me about Hamsah Nasirildeen, who might be said defensive unicorn, or at least the precursor to such a beast.

Actually, it might be Jamin Davis. Regardless, there has to be a defensive adaptation to the Pitts/Waller type of TE.
Good luck finding it. I mean I am sure it's possible..but how many teams have one? Maybe you could say a physical corner like Jalen Ramsey could match up? I struggle finding many other corners. And Linebackers? Jamin Davis: Maybe..but how many of them are there.

Jamin Davis still lacks a bit of length compared to Pitts (79 7/8 inches for Davis vs. 83 3/8 inches for Pitts)..but yeah he's a big and fast linebacker with good leaping skills that probably could matchup favorably. I'll have to watch more tape on him.

Let's just say it's few and far between the players that can matchup with Pitts. :shrug:

I don't have deaf ears, I've just seen too many "can't miss" and "generational" prospects over the years turn out to be disappointments. If he is so special that he is unique, it should be easy to tell me why.
Many here just seem to be parroting talking points but come up with anything else.
I keep saying I like Pitts and would be happy with the pick at 6 but I am going to have too see proof that he is anything more than a very good receiving TE.
on a side note, a players' coaches(or their fans) aren't exactly the best source for an unbiased opinion

I don't have deaf ears, I've just seen too many "can't miss" and "generational" prospects over the years turn out to be disappointments. If he is so special that he is unique, it should be easy to tell me why.
Many here just seem to be parroting talking points but come up with anything else.
I keep saying I like Pitts and would be happy with the pick at 6 but I am going to have too see proof that he is anything more than a very good receiving TE.
on a side note, a players' coaches(or their fans) aren't exactly the best source for an unbiased opinion
Google it yourself.

At least three well respected "draft analysts" have him as their highest Non-QB in the draft, and second best player in the Draft overall to Trevor Lawrence.

Mel Kiper Jr.- ESPN
Daniel Jeremiah- NFL Network and NFL.COM
Dan Brugler- The Athletic

For Good measure, an (ancient, though well respected) man in one Gil Brandt has him on NFL.COM as his #3 overall prospect behind Lawrence and Penei Sewell

...so I may be a fan and his coach may be his biggest fan, I get it..but it ain't just fans and the players' coaches that think he's special.

Could he fail? Sure. Anyone can.

But he's god as good a chance as any at succeeding if not bette in this draft.

The Kyle Pitts hype is unreal. I started a thread awhile back in the draft forum sarcastically saying that Pitts is the greatest TE prospect of all time. if Pitts has a Vernon Davis type career, that will be a disappointment for his current expectations which is Calvin Johnson type of expectations.
Yet Vernon Davis had the same type of hype when he was in the draft. While he was 3 inches shorter than Pitts, he ran faster and was stronger than Pitts.
‘Davis had a good NFL career but he was never considered the best TE in the league during his time in the NFL.
I think Pitts will likely end up having a career like Davis and certainly not like Johnson. I think Chase has more of an opportunity of having a Calvin Johnson type career than Pitts does.

Yet Vernon Davis had the same type of hype when he was in the draft. While he was 3 inches shorter than Pitts, he ran faster and was stronger than Pitts.
‘Davis had a good NFL career but he was never considered the best TE in the league during his time in the NFL.
I think Pitts will likely end up having a career like Davis and certainly not like Johnson. I think Chase has more of an opportunity of having a Calvin Johnson type career than Pitts does.
You have that right..for what it's worth..I've heard more than one analyst say Pitts is a more advance pass catcher than Davis ever was at this stage or any stage of their careers..just having "speed and strength" won't make a player the "Best player" at his position. Time will tell..

Back
Top Bottom