Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

I find these conversations so interesting.

Some fans get so enamored or obsessed with certain players the draft will be disappointing if we don't take their guy.

Yet, most of the top talents all have question marks for me.

Let me say, I would take any of these players at 6. I just don't understand the disappointment if we don't get a certain 1.

Pitts- its purely speculation and potential. His on field production certainly isn't the reason he is a "generational talent" he played great last season but, with many players opting out, I wonder how good he would of been if no one opted out.

Smith- size is a big concern. Also, same as Pitts, played in a year with opt outs.

Waddle- unfortunately the injury is a huge concern.

Sewell- very simple, he opted out. We are basing our analysis on the prior season. He very well could have been average last season had he played.

Chase- same as sewell.

3 players produced at elite level when they played imo. Chase, Sewell and Smith.

However, all have enough questions marks for me to say none are clearly the "obvious or can't miss" player.

Personally, I would go for production ( chase, Sewell or Smith) over potential (pitts or Waddle)

Also, I would shy away from those that opted out.

This is why Smith is my pick at 6. However, I personally believe Sewell would help our team the most.

Once again, any one of these players would be great additions to our team. I would not be upset with drafting any of them.

My order is Smith, Sewell,Chase, Pitts than Waddle.

If Pitts get drafted 6th I will still be happy.

I don't get so attached to one player I would be devastated if we don't draft them
This whole thread was started because the op has Pitts in a gold jacket already and as if it's already been determined the FO wants him.

I'm like you with 3 or 4 players I would love at 6. I'm not sitting on one guy then he's either not available at 6 or they pass on him.

I'm sure the FO traded back to 6 because they are targeting 3 or 4 and not just Pitts.

This whole thread was started because the op has Pitts in a gold jacket already and as if it's already been determined the FO wants him.

I'm like you with 3 or 4 players I would love at 6. I'm not sitting on one guy then he's either not available at 6 or they pass on him.

I'm sure the FO traded back to 6 because they are targeting 3 or 4 and not just Pitts.
Yeah, trading back to 6 already tells you that they have multiple players graded similarly so this idea that some are in a higher "tier" makes no sense or we wouldn't have traded down in the first place.

I find these conversations so interesting.

Some fans get so enamored or obsessed with certain players the draft will be disappointing if we don't take their guy.

Yet, most of the top talents all have question marks for me.

Let me say, I would take any of these players at 6. I just don't understand the disappointment if we don't get a certain 1.

Pitts- its purely speculation and potential. His on field production certainly isn't the reason he is a "generational talent" he played great last season but, with many players opting out, I wonder how good he would of been if no one opted out.

Smith- size is a big concern. Also, same as Pitts, played in a year with opt outs.

Waddle- unfortunately the injury is a huge concern.

Sewell- very simple, he opted out. We are basing our analysis on the prior season. He very well could have been average last season had he played.

Chase- same as sewell.

3 players produced at elite level when they played imo. Chase, Sewell and Smith.

However, all have enough questions marks for me to say none are clearly the "obvious or can't miss" player.

Personally, I would go for production ( chase, Sewell or Smith) over potential (pitts or Waddle)

Also, I would shy away from those that opted out.

This is why Smith is my pick at 6. However, I personally believe Sewell would help our team the most.

Once again, any one of these players would be great additions to our team. I would not be upset with drafting any of them.

My order is Smith, Sewell,Chase, Pitts than Waddle.

If Pitts get drafted 6th I will still be happy.

I don't get so attached to one player I would be devastated if we don't draft them
That’s all nice...and certainly your opinion which you have the right too......

I don’t assume that any of 5 players is good enough and we’ll be ok with it.

I had a conviction last year on Herbert, and not on Tua....and frankly my obsession was right!

Pitts is a unicorn...a rare bird that getting just another 6 foot receiver with talent does not equal. We have found plenty of those way outside the top ten.

I had a conviction last year on Herbert, and not on Tua....and frankly my obsession was right!

Pitts is a unicorn...a rare bird that getting just another 6 foot receiver with talent does not equal. We have found plenty of those way outside the top ten.
Your obsession was right about Herbert based on what?

Yeah, trading back to 6 already tells you that they have multiple players graded similarly so this idea that some are in a higher "tier" makes no sense or we wouldn't have traded down in the first place.
You make the point of the thread....did Miami mess up again by trading down in the draft?

You assume that how they have these guys graded makes the trade down the right move....while I am questioning, as is many others if they’ve lost out on Pitts because of it.

This GM missed last year on its QB pick, Herbert was clearly now the right choice.

I'm sorry you do not overdraft a TE at the #3 pick even if you think Pitts is in the HOF before September.

You make the point of the thread....did Miami mess up again by trading down in the draft?

You assume that how they have these guys graded makes the trade down the right move....while I am questioning, as is many others if they’ve lost out on Pitts because of it.

This GM missed last year on its QB pick, Herbert was clearly now the right choice.
I mean... I can't even tell you how much I disagree with this, but ok.

You can't miss on a pick if you didn't want the guy. The Dolphins (Grier and Flores) wanted Tua.

Rookie of the year...rookie passing records...the fact that he’s superior to Tua in every possible way physically.
The two best secondaries he played all season made him look like he shouldn't have been starting because his better receiving options couldn't get open.

Tua played under those conditions all season once Preston Williams went down.

Rookie of the year...rookie passing records...the fact that he’s superior to Tua in every possible way physically.
That ROY award got his coach fired and a 7-9 record WOOT!

Let's compare careers in 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom