Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

Rookie of the year...rookie passing records...the fact that he’s superior to Tua in every possible way physically.
Didn't Tua win the head to head match up?

This will be a fun pair to watch. If Tua doesn't show it this year, I would agree. We didn't draft the right QB. But 1 year does not make a career.

Tua's comparison i saw most was Drew Brees. After 3 seasons, if Rivers doesn't cry and hold out, Brees never has his hall of fame career.

Who's to say last year wasnt Herbert's peek?

Herbert was great getting them leads. However, when the defense crumbled, Herbert was not a clutch QB.

He clearly was the better QB. But let's see where they are at in 5 years.

On to Pitts. What makes him such a can't miss player for you? It clearly wasn't his production in college. Nothing he produced in college shows a can't miss special player. I understand his blocking is better than people say.

After the college season, outside of maybe you..... no one had Pitts as a special can't miss player. Once again his production didn't justify it IMO.

It wasn't till the season was over and he started to impress without pads on and defenders playing against him.

He only started moving up the draft boards when people had nothing but time to start analyzing or overthinking how good these guys were.

A matchup nightmare and potential are what propelled him from a mid first to a top 5 candidate.

I would like to understand why he is so special.

I understand my opinion is no more valid or right than anyone elses.

I really want to know. What makes Pitts such an amazing? I would really like to know. He very well may be a Dolphin.

Help me get on the "unicorns" bandwagon

This will be a fun pair to watch. If Tua doesn't show it this year, I would agree. We didn't draft the right QB. But 1 year does not make a career.

Tua's comparison i saw most was Drew Brees. After 3 seasons, if Rivers doesn't cry and hold out, Brees never has his hall of fame career.

Herbert was great getting them leads. However, when the defense crumbled, Herbert was not a clutch QB.

On to Pitts. What makes him such a can't miss player for you? It clearly wasn't his production in college. Nothing he produced in college shows a can't miss special player. I understand his blocking is better than people say.

After the college season, outside of maybe you..... no one had Pitts as a special can't miss player. Once again his production didn't justify it IMO.

It wasn't till the season was over and he started to impress without pads on and defenders playing against him.

He only started moving up the draft boards when people had nothing but time to start analyzing or overthinking how good these guys were.

A matchup nightmare and potential are what propelled him from a mid first to a top 5 candidate.

I really want to know. What makes Pitts such an amazing? I would really like to know. He very well may be a Dolphin.

1617976843087.png

This is just a month ago. The people pretending that we messed up by trading down so we couldn't get Chase/Pitts are either part of the 19.1% minority or people influenced by the offseason underwear Olympics.

Either way, who cares?

Teams win games....to rest of the world not Dolfans...Herbert was rookie of the year and broke records...Dolphin fans point to a team matchup...yes we know had a better team, just Nöt the better QB!

View attachment 73640

This is just a month ago. The people pretending that we messed up by trading down so we couldn't get Chase/Pitts are either part of the 19.1% minority or people influenced by the offseason underwear Olympics.

Either way, who cares?
Do some reading
Off the Dolphin board...Pitts is the best prospect that’s not a QB in this draft.

Number 2 overall on most big boards.

6 will get us sewell, chase, or Pitts. If we have to have. WR we will have at least smith or waddle. We r fine
I’m fine with any of those. I’d prefer Pitts but any of those players make us better. I’m really hoping for Harris at 18

Teams win games....to rest of the world not Dolfans...Herbert was rookie of the year and broke records...Dolphin fans point to a team matchup...yes we know had a better team, just Nöt the better QB!

Watch the game itself, Herbert was all over the place got the bulk of his yards in garbage time and throw check downs with YAC. Tua expertly managed that game, if it hadn't been for Karras snapping the ball at his ankles we would have won that game much more comfortably. Another common opponet was NE , the way the two rookie QBs handled a Belicheat D couldn't be more different and I know which one I preferred.

Tua best two games from a yardage perspective were games were we were multiple scores down, Bills and KC, both over 300 yards. When you are playing with a lead it's not a sensible choice to start hurling the ball everywhere. How many times did we see Herbert out there prtecting his lead ? Not many that's why the stats look great but the win column looks bad.

A QB's first job is to ensure his team wins, I've got a lot more confidence in Tua being able to do that than Herbert, breaking records is fun but doesn't tell you everything about the player and his ability to be a success in this league.

View attachment 73640

Either way, who cares?
Yeah, I figured and lol.

I think people can't look at the trade as a trade down to 6. They see a trade up from 12. Even though we know a trade to 6 was pretty much made before the trade to 12.

The trade was solid if you simply realize we traded down from 3 to 6.

Herbert had a way better year no doubt, but that doesn't mean he's going to have a better NFL career. And I'm considered a Tua "hater" on this board because I can be truthful about what Tua basically admitted about his rookie campaign, overall he basically sucked. Or in Tua's words "below average". Herbert is a lot more physically talented than Tua and that will never change, but Tua's quick release, work ethic, and decision making may make him better in the long run, only time will tell. Take this play from Herbert's rookie year for example (7:08 mark in below video). You're killing a s*** team with 1:42 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter. If you simply don't turn the ball over on 3rd and 4 you kick the FG and the odds you win are well above 90%. Instead Herbert does the one thing he can't do and throws a weak a** pass which gets picked in the back of the end zone...they lose by 1 point. Horrible decision by Herbert which cost the team the victory, I'm hoping he does more of this in the future and Tua continues to bust his a**. Sincerly a Tua "hater" lmao.

Watch the game itself, Herbert was all over the place got the bulk of his yards in garbage time and throw check downs with YAC. Tua expertly managed that game, if it hadn't been for Karras snapping the ball at his ankles we would have won that game much more comfortably. Another common opponet was NE , the way the two rookie QBs handled a Belicheat D couldn't be more different and I know which one I preferred.

Tua best two games from a yardage perspective were games were we were multiple scores down, Bills and KC, both over 300 yards. When you are playing with a lead it's not a sensible choice to start hurling the ball everywhere. How many times did we see Herbert out there prtecting his lead ? Not many that's why the stats look great but the win column looks bad.

A QB's first job is to ensure his team wins, I've got a lot more confidence in Tua being able to do that than Herbert, breaking records is fun but doesn't tell you everything about the player and his ability to be a success in this league.
There is nobody with NFL credibility...that thinks Tua performed anywhere close to Herbert...if they redrafted Herbert would go 1 or 2.....Tua would fall out of the 1st.

Herbert had a way better year no doubt, but that doesn't mean he's going to have a better NFL career. And I'm considered a Tua "hater" on this board because I can be truthful about what Tua basically admitted about his rookie campaign, overall he basically sucked. Or in Tua's words "below average". Herbert is a lot more physically talented than Tua and that will never change, but Tua's quick release, work ethic, and decision making may make him better in the long run, only time will tell. Take this play from Herbert's rookie year for example (7:08 mark in below video). You're killing a s*** team with 1:42 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter. If you simply don't turn the ball over on 3rd and 4 you kick the FG and the odds you win are well above 90%. Instead Herbert does the one thing he can't do and throws a weak a** pass which gets picked in the back of the end zone...they lose by 1 point. Horrible decision by Herbert and cost the team the victory, I'm hoping he does more of this in the future and Tua continues to bust his a**. Sincerly a Tua "hater" lmao.

Most rookies make mistakes...you don’t expect 5th overall to look so unimpressive most of the time.

No. There are more than 6 all time great players his draft. And IMO 4 QBs will be taken first 4 picks. So we are assured of a great player at 6.

There is nobody with NFL credibility...that thinks Tua performed anywhere close to Herbert...if they redrafted Herbert would go 1 or 2.....Tua would fall out of the 1st.

That's because the national media hasn't watched in detail how both players performed. They just watched highlights, box scores and think that Tua sucked because Fitz ONCE came of the bench and threw a check down to Gaskin and a blind pass to win a game. I don't trust any of these national media types to assess Tua's ability tbh.

Back
Top Bottom