Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

Hey Chargers fan, nice of you to drop by, have fun with your "all world" QB. See you in the play offs.
All world lmao, dude couldn’t muster a single point vs NE. Dan Marino’s rookie season and the one that followed that...All World.

I see this thread all week while lurking and my thoughts have changed since Tuesday. I was initially happy at the trade down then back up. But now I get sad seeing how unique Pitts is. Hope he is there at 6.

Will be happy with Smith or Chase too so I guess it should be a win no matter what with the 2023 1st.

They didn't trade back out of 3 because they wanted Pitts. They traded back to 6 because they have several players they want.

Too many are stuck on Pitts. Who knows if he's even an interest to them. If he's there at 6 and they take Chase, Sewell or Smith some of you might not recover.
None of us know what they were really thinking for sure...we can only speculate.

We will see how it plays out and who they pick if the Bama boys and Pitts are on the board...I have a hunch The Bengals are going Chase....So Atlanta is the key!

I see this thread all week while lurking and my thoughts have changed since Tuesday. I was initially happy at the trade down then back up. But now I get sad seeing how unique Pitts is. Hope he is there at 6.

Will be happy with Smith or Chase too so I guess it should be a win no matter what with the 2023 1st.
Thank you...that was my thinking!

One of the worst posts of all time.

Comparing 1998 to 2021 is ridiculous.

Pointing out draft misses and hits is beyond dumb.
Wasn’t comparing the years...it was about the philosophy of trading down when there are special players on the board.

Sorry you didn’t understand it!

Only time will tell. The FO definitely have players in mind at 6 which is why they traded back up but anyone on this forum or in the media that claims they know what any of the teams are doing are really just speculating.
Indeed...and that’s why we have message boards!

Why are you only arguing about his measurables? We don't want him because he ran the 40 fast. We want him because he is good, he gets open, he has good hands, his size, his speed. Everything that he is, is why we want him on our team and all you can do is argue that he is not as good of an athlete as Gesicki.
If you can't see the point at this stage, I can't help you.

I don't judge Pitts by his measurables though. His play speed, agility, and ability to separate are not seen in guys that are 6'6 245. I liked him before he ever ran a 40. With him, the numbers simply validate what I already felt I saw.

And I agree w you regarding Chase and also your take on combine numbers.
Other people are. That's who I am taking issue with.

The fact that I don't think our FO's favorite players completely aligns with the consensus, my favorites, or the board's favorites makes me feel better about the trade.

If the FO felt half as strongly about Pitts as this board does (in general, not everyone) we'd still be at 3.

But I was honestly worried we were gonna simply pick Devanta at 3. Now regardless of who we get out of Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle... at least we put an extra 1st and 3rd in the bank.

Many of us tend to fall in love w prospects a bit too much. I'm guilty. For example, last year Lamb was easily my guy at WR with Jeudy coming in a clear 2nd. If we had a chance to draft either of them and took Jefferson, I would have lost it. And I liked Jefferson. Considered him the 3rd best. But look at that dude now.

However, I was also pretty damn sure Ruggs was overrated as hell and belonged nowhere near the best WR discussion.

So not saying we don't have the ability to evaluate and project these guys. Just that leaving a little room for humility and uncertainty doesn't hurt.

The fact that I don't think our FO's favorite players completely aligns with the consensus, my favorites, or the board's favorites makes me feel better about the trade.

If the FO felt half as strongly about Pitts as this board does (in general, not everyone) we'd still be at 3.

But I was honestly worried we were gonna simply pick Devanta at 3. Now regardless of who we get out of Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle... at least we put an extra 1st and 3rd in the bank.

Many of us tend to fall in love w prospects a bit too much. I'm guilty. For example, last year Lamb was easily my guy at WR with Jeudy coming in a clear 2nd. If we had a chance to draft either of them and took Jefferson, I would have lost it. And I liked Jefferson. Considered him the 3rd best. But look at that dude now.

However, I was also pretty damn sure Ruggs was overrated as hell and belonged nowhere near the best WR discussion.

So not saying we don't have the ability to evaluate and project these guys. Just that leaving a little room for humility and uncertainty doesn't hurt.
tiers

Don't fall in love with one player... therein lies ruin.

place players into tiers and don't get sold on position.

Repeat in round 2.

Horrible throw and decision, gotta keep that ball high in that situation or take a safer option, he definitely under-threw it. Cost his team the game when a FG would’ve iced it, poor game management.
That was a perfect throw to a 6'4 WR who high pointed the ball and let it go throw his hands for a dropped int. That would of sealed the game. Another great throw by Herbert that literally went through Williams hands. Stop being bitter 🤣

This year is starting to look like a repeat with this organization that started with JJ....trade back for extra picks, miss out on a special player!

1998...JJ trades out of his first round pick at 19 for the 29th pick. 2 hall of famers are drafted between 19-29 that the draft genius Jimmy didn’t perceive....Randy Moss (an all time great wideout) and Alan Faneca.

He also receives pick 60 in the trade, but he trades down again for 3 later picks.

The net result...we lose hall of famer Randy Moss...we picked up John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw and John Dutton. In other words, for 1st and 2nd round pick...we got 4 nothing’s.....zip!

We repeated the mistake in 2010....Trading out of Earl Thomas for Jared Odrick and Koa
Misi.

Trading down is not a good thing if your missing out on hall of fame talent.

Chris Greer was in a hurry to trade out of pick #3....and the net of trading down to #6 is we may lose out on 1 or 2 special players...Kyle Pitts looks like a truly rare and special talent that was ours at 3....at 6? It’s looking worse everyday!

And for what? A 2023 first round pick two years from now?

If we miss out on Kyle Pitts and he becomes a gold jacket wearing all time great(as I think he will)...this was yet another massive trade down disaster by this organization...I’m praying he gets to 6.

Are you serious!?! Our front office traded out of a spot that could of landed a hall of famer for a worthless first round pick in the future?
Jeezzzzz this Grier guy is clown. Wanted to get more picks just so he could draft more bust's...

:bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole:

Back
Top Bottom