Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

I understand your support of the organization and belief that they are never wrong...but just look back to the last draft where this organization passed on a vastly superior QB physically for one that was very unimpressive physically with a long injury history. and again I refer back to the examples stated of trading back on both a first rounder and second rounder in the same draft....and getting absolutely nothing from the extra draft picks...but losing out on special players.

Getting extra picks is no sure fire way to a better team....

And all of the above proves that the people running organizations are often wrong.

All those physical traits won't help him when he's Ryan Tannehill'n it weekly. Watching Herbert up close against good teams made me happy we passed, hes gifted but hes never been a winner or a dominate leader.

All those physical traits won't help him when he's Ryan Tannehill'n it weekly. Watching Herbert up close against good teams made me happy we passed, hes gifted but hes never been a winner or a dominate leader.
Ok...meanwhile the rest of the NFL world marveled at his rookie season that broke records.....

I obviously strongly disagree with you...

Tua did come in as Freshman off the bench and pulled a rally win with some great throws(sort of Doug Williams like)...but the next two years as the starter he was outshined by Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow despite leading loaded Bama teams.

Ok...meanwhile the rest of the NFL world marveled at his rookie season that broke records.....

I obviously strongly disagree with you...

Tua did come in as Freshman off the bench and pulled a rally win with some great throws(sort of Doug Williams like)...but the next two years as the starter he was outshined by Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow despite leading loaded Bama teams.

They marveled at stats. Thats what ESPN and NFLN care about. Stats.

Tua was never outshined in that games againt Burrow or Trevor. Only player that outshined him was Justyn Ross making Trevor's terrible throws look routine.

The differences in both qbs were amplified against NE last year. Ill leave it at that.

I understand your support of the organization and belief that they are never wrong...but just look back to the last draft where this organization passed on a vastly superior QB physically for one that was very unimpressive physically with a long injury history. and again I refer back to the examples stated of trading back on both a first rounder and second rounder in the same draft....and getting absolutely nothing from the extra draft picks...but losing out on special players.

Getting extra picks is no sure fire way to a better team....

And all of the above proves that the people running organizations are often wrong.

Once you stated "... your support of the organization AND BELIEF TYHAT THEY ARE NEVER WRONG …" I realized your entire post is hyperbole.

I am a homer, but unlike you, I recognize that human error is always part of the equation when personnel choices are made. I was as inclusive as possible when I used the words "maybe, maybe not" when anticipating success for each draftee we take on.

It's clear to me now that you are trying to support your position, which is unlikely to pan out, by becoming more rigid and less objective with each argument you make.

I'll leave you with this one glimmer of hope, the Dolphins will be a better overall team this year than they were last year due to the large number of picks we have available to us this year alone. The future, with it's extra 1st round picks is looking pretty good too!

4 players are worth #6 overall for Miami's needs.

Just get one of em.

Thank you; What's funny is not ONE of these Pitts superfans would admit how wrong they were if they kid turns out to be a dud in the NFL. As they currently are with other so-called can't miss talent that turned out to be duds;

Too many good receivers in this draft to pick one at 6 after we just added Fuller. Take Sewell if he’s there and run.

Thank you; What's funny is not ONE of these Pitts superfans would admit how wrong they were if they kid turns out to be a dud in the NFL. As they currently are with other so-called can't miss talent that turned out to be duds;

It just completely freaking baffles me.

I'd be fine with Pitts.

But anyone who pontificates that they know better than any other human on the planet about how Kyle Pitts's career will turn out vs. DeVonta Smith's is practicing hubris of the first order.

Hey. Skippy.

DeVonta Smith outproduced EVERYTHING Pitts did in his college career in his 2020 season alone. And it wasn't particularly close. Will Pitts be a better pro? Maybe. But suggesting Smith (or Chase or Waddle) is a stupid pick is just...well...stupid.

They marveled at stats. Thats what ESPN and NFLN care about. Stats.

Tua was never outshined in that games againt Burrow or Trevor. Only player that outshined him was Justyn Ross making Trevor's terrible throws look routine.

The differences in both qbs were amplified against NE last year. Ill leave it at that.
He was outshined in both big games.....

I'd be fine with Pitts.

But anyone who pontificates that they know better than any other human on the planet about how Kyle Pitts's career will turn out vs. DeVonta Smith's is practicing hubris of the first order.

Hey. Skippy.

DeVonta Smith outproduced EVERYTHING Pitts did in his college career in his 2020 season alone. And it wasn't particularly close. Will Pitts be a better pro? Maybe. But suggesting Smith (or Chase or Waddle) is a stupid pick is just...well...stupid.

I'd be fine with Pitts.

Hey. Skippy.

You should refrain from using childish names in discourse...

I never said anything about any of those players being stupid picks...I even said Chase would not disappoint me.

Smith and Waddle are trade down players in my opinion...I would take Sewell or Parsons over either one.

This year is starting to look like a repeat with this organization that started with JJ....trade back for extra picks, miss out on a special player!

1998...JJ trades out of his first round pick at 19 for the 29th pick. 2 hall of famers are drafted between 19-29 that the draft genius Jimmy didn’t perceive....Randy Moss (an all time great wideout) and Alan Faneca.

He also receives pick 60 in the trade, but he trades down again for 3 later picks.

The net result...we lose hall of famer Randy Moss...we picked up John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw and John Dutton. In other words, for 1st and 2nd round pick...we got 4 nothing’s.....zip!

We repeated the mistake in 2010....Trading out of Earl Thomas for Jared Odrick and Koa
Misi.

Trading down is not a good thing if your missing out on hall of fame talent.

Chris Greer was in a hurry to trade out of pick #3....and the net of trading down to #6 is we may lose out on 1 or 2 special players...Kyle Pitts looks like a truly rare and special talent that was ours at 3....at 6? It’s looking worse everyday!

And for what? A 2023 first round pick two years from now?

If we miss out on Kyle Pitts and he becomes a gold jacket wearing all time great(as I think he will)...this was yet another massive trade down disaster by this organization...I’m praying he gets to 6.
Yeah but what if Chase becomes the next julio jones or Smith, the next marvin harrison? These guys are very talented too

I find it interesting that the unicorn Pitts has a nearly identical athletic profile as Gesicki
And a very different level of college production and tranlatable on field athleticism. You'd never watch Geisicki and think he was in the 99th percentile regarding athleticism for TE's. He did rank 3rd to last in separation last year.

Pitts shouldn't be considered a "unicorn" (really starting to hate that word) because of underwear olympics numbers. You can see it when you watch the tape. His functional speed and agility is on a very different level from Gesicki.

Too many good receivers in this draft to pick one at 6 after we just added Fuller. Take Sewell if he’s there and run.
in a weird way i want us to take sewell so the OL is everything crowd will have no excuses as to why we are still irrelevant. We would have spent 2 1st rounders, a 2nd, a 4th, a big mistake FA signing (flowers),In two years. After investing all we did last year and still being ranked towards the bottom half of the league in the OL dept, we either suck at evaluating talent or that position is nothing if you dont have studs at skill positions.

Back
Top Bottom