Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl

I use to love the game, watched multiple games a week. Monday, Sunday morning and night. Stay up late when Thursday first came out.

But I've also lost a ton of interest the last 2 years. It's much more fun to see a team win or lose based on their play. It seems every game is coming down to refs mistakes... it's a buzz kill, and makes me sick to my stomach. Its turned into a game of luck, games I have never been a friend of.

Absolutely yes with this tank thinking going on. As bad as we have been loosing to tank for some hopeful rookie QB who might be another bust is just wrong thinking IMO.

I lost interested when the NFL went to bubble screen, shotgun set, spread-based offenses. I go back to Bill Walsh who once bemoaned the shotgun and its prevalence in the modern offense. Not to mention defense who aren't allowed to hit anybody with or without the ball.

I have watched more AAF football this short year than almost all of this past NFL season.

I’d say no but the answer is maybe. I used to live and die for Sunday’s and do pretty much 1 -11:30. Now I really watch Miami and have the night games on but often choose to do other things while it’s on. So I guess I have. Also, I dot go out of my way for playoff games either. Only Saturday at 8 is a sure bet unless of course Miami has one.

I may not watch the phins a whole lot this year, but I get the student discount for the ticket so I enjoy watching other teams. I've grown tired of a few things and don't feel like mentioning all of them but I can sum it up lime this...

I don't see the league as fixed as much as I see it run by a bunch of megalomaniacal maniacs who are trapped in the 80's and 90s. The NFL did become to big for itself. The league is riddled with issues stemming from an incompetent commish, poor player treatment (current/former), and an inability to adapt into the 21st century. I watched the bills in my younger years simply deteriorate because their owner (RIP) did not want to adjust to the salary cap era. They still have not recovered. What has happened is the rest of the NFL is now following suit.

I have lost interest in the NFL and the team to be honest. I will always root for Miami, they are my team.
The NFL as a product isnt the same as it used to be.
Im hoping that the latest FO moves will help reignite my interest, and become a winner, but it has been a long long time since the Fins have been relevant.

Wow. Lots of lost love around here.

I grew up playing 2 hands below the waist tag on the street in elementaty taking it back to the good ol' days of counting Mississippis before you can rush with one allowed blitz per set of downs, mailboxes marking the goalines, 2 completions equal a first down.

Graduated to tackle in the yard after school 6-8th.

Played 4 years of highschool ball (getting my arse whooped).

Flag football in my early 20s (before life got too serious).

Shared a bond with my father over the game strong enough to last lifetimes.

And now it's a reason to make time for old friends and new.

This game is too much a part of me.

I haven't lost a drop of interest...

The drop I lost when the kneeling was being looked at as the worst thing since sliced bread was gained back once I attributed the opposition to racist bigots having the louder mouth and not the NFL being racist d*ckheads.

On top of the horrible rule changes, the officiating continues to get worse every year. I believe the NFL is over saturating the market as well. Football was best when it was Sunday and Monday night. Moving games outside the US is irritating as well. Fans lose a home game and the game happens at a weird time for US residents, and now, may only be seen by streaming it? It’s all getting to be a bit much.

Still, to me, the biggest turn off is the politicization/social justice agendas that are being shoved down fans throats. It’s such an obvious attempt to get people redirected away from things like CTE, domestic violence, steroids, etc. Don’t we already have enough political and social commentary in our lives? Can we not just watch a game anymore? It’s cringeworthy.

Lol. We used to play tackle football in the parking lot of the local grocery story at night during the summer if there was nothing else to do. Nothing like waking up with asphalt embedded in your arm.

Yeah I've lost interest, I've gone from watching almost every game to maybe watching the games if I have nothing else to do.

I haven't lost a drop of interest...

The drop I lost when the kneeling was being looked at as the worst thing since sliced bread was gained back once I attributed the opposition to racist bigots having the louder mouth and not the NFL being racist d*ckheads.

The kneeling thing was brutal. I don't want to get into it because I don't want to rile up others' political sensibilities but it was brutal.

Yeah. That did have me switching channels or turning my radio dial the instant it would come up.

Thank God that it's over and done with.

Lol. We used to play tackle football in the parking lot of the local grocery story at night during the summer if there was nothing else to do. Nothing like waking up with asphalt embedded in your arm.

Oh, man. Lol We used to do this on the street to see who was chicken **** and who wasn't. Thank goodness it never lasted for us more than a couple of plays and then it was right back to tag. I once had the smallest kid on our block take me down and I lost all of the skin in my right knee. I'm talking pure flesh.

Ahhhh, to be young, stupid, and invincible...

Just wanted to see what other Dolphins fans thoughts were. It's been tough being a Dolphins fan the past 20 years, but I've stuck with them.

This past year though, I lost a lot of interest in the NFL, not because of the Dolphins, but how the league is ruining the game. I don't disagree with trying to protect the players, but the steps they have taken are completely hurting the game and the only player it seems to protect are the quarterback. If a player even grazes Brady with his pinky it draws a foul. Not like that wasn't the case before, but this past year it went to the ultimate extreme. The roughing the passer rule change was a complete joke - William Hayes got hurt trying to sack the quarterback and avoid getting a penalty.

With all the penalties called this year, one of the most blatant pass interference calls was not called. This costed the Saints a trip to the Superbowl. I'm not a Saints fan, but it's tough to see a team not make it after a blatancy obvious missed call.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you got the point. I know it's time to move on, but it's becoming increasingly more difficult to watch. The quality of the game is not what it used to be.

my biggest gripe is that i can't watch a 3rd down incompletion without waiting for a flag. same with roughing the passer

There's been a slight decline for me.

The whole reason I joined this site nearly 15 years ago is because the fins were my #1 sports team and they were still relatively decent and ran competently. I was excited in anticipation for every game, every draft pick, every bit of news and this site served as an outlet for me to share my excitement, frustrations, opinions, etc. regarding my favorite sports team.

I still go to at least 1 home game (and sometime an away game) per year but I'm starting to question the value of that tradition.

I am much more interested in golf, hockey and fantasy baseball than football since I joined the site in 2004 but I don't think my fandom of the fins and what this site provides will ever completely wane.

Back
Top Bottom