Hawaii Returnman/Special teamer/WR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hawaii Returnman/Special teamer/WR

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Chad owens would be a good pickup for the fins in the 4th or 5th. If Welker gets hurt Owens is a speed demon on kickreturns.:evil:

mattgilm said:
Chad owens would be a good pickup for the fins in the 4th or 5th. If Welker gets hurt Owens is a speed demon on kickreturns.:evil:

He ran a 4.60 40 and well we already have Welker and Owens isnt what we are looking for in a WR so neither as a returner or WR would be a good fit.

I think Chad Owens is a total piece of crap. Too short, too small, too slow = Arena Football

He was exciting in the one game I saw him, one of Hawaii's last games. Can't quite remember, but I do recall the announcers saying that he's capable of taking a return all the way and BAM, does it.

Chad Owens

Joey 22 said:
He ran a 4.60 40 and well we already have Welker and Owens isnt what we are looking for in a WR so neither as a returner or WR would be a good fit.

I said, what if welker gets hurt? When are you guys going to realize that a players forty time does not make them a great football player. Owens may be short and not the reciever we are looking for but he is a great return man!:evil:

Why would we take a return man that early in the draft?

mattgilm said:
I said, what if welker gets hurt? When are you guys going to realize that a players forty time does not make them a great football player. Owens may be short and not the reciever we are looking for but he is a great return man!:evil:
If welker gets hurt we use someone else. There is no sense in drafting a back up return man that early on a what if basis. And I still say that Chad Owens isn't that great. Just like Timmy Chang

I'd rather take Alvin Pearman.(RB UVa) All heart and total team player

Owens

Phinsfan1980 said:
If welker gets hurt we use someone else. There is no sense in drafting a back up return man that early on a what if basis. And I still say that Chad Owens isn't that great. Just like Timmy Chang
I agree with not taking him early in the draft and Chang was a product of the system he played in but what are you basing your opinion on. Did you see him play? Are you an expert on Hawaiis players? Nice fro bro.:evil:

mattgilm said:
I agree with not taking him early in the draft and Chang was a product of the system he played in but what are you basing your opinion on. Did you see him play? Are you an expert on Hawaiis players? Nice fro bro.:evil:
I watched Hawaii play a lot over the last few seasons. I watched the senior bowl. This is all my opinion just like yours is that Chad Owens is good. Maybe you are blinded by the fact that you live in Hawaii. I just don't feel like he will be a good player.

Buddwalk said:
Dont pick anyone from hawaii...that whole team is a system[/QUOT
Alex Smith played in the shotgun in a System. So dont pick anybody from Utah?.
I know Hawaii does not have alot of great players but I know the one:evil: s who could be great. I.E. CB- Elimimian -IMO.

mattgilm said:
Buddwalk said:
Dont pick anyone from hawaii...that whole team is a system[/QUOT
Alex Smith played in the shotgun in a System. So dont pick anybody from Utah?.
I know Hawaii does not have alot of great players but I know the one:evil: s who could be great. I.E. CB- Elimimian -IMO.
Elimimian had a good wonderlic score and a good overall workout. His 40 time at the combine was a little slow for a CB. I wouldn't say he will be great but he does have the chance of being good.

Iowa

Phinsfan1980 said:
mattgilm said:
Elimimian had a good wonderlic score and a good overall workout. His 40 time at the combine was a little slow for a CB. I wouldn't say he will be great but he does have the chance of being good.
I have been a Dolphin fan since 1970. You seem to have a overall good grasp on the NFL and the NCAA. Its nice to post with intelligent Fin fans Except for the comment that Buddwalk made. :evil:

mattgilm said:
Phinsfan1980 said:
I have been a Dolphin fan since 1970. You seem to have a overall good grasp on the NFL and the NCAA. Its nice to post with intelligent Fin fans Except for the comment that Buddwalk made. :evil:
Thanks, I have been a dolphins fan since about 85 when my dad bought Tecmo Bowl for my Nintendo and I loved throwing bombs with Marino to Clayton and Marino to Duper.
Yeah the comment about the entire Hawaii team was a little harsh. Hawaii always puts good lineman into the NFL. Also I think June Jones has done an amazing job there.

Back
Top Bottom