Hawaii Warriors player signs with Dolphins...Chang next! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hawaii Warriors player signs with Dolphins...Chang next!

dolfanatik

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting that the Dolphins signed a DT from UH.

Straight from the Honolulu Advertiser...

UH's ***a, Fuga sign as NFL free agents
[font=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][size=-2]Advertiser Staff[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=-1]Former University of Hawai'i defensive tackles Matt ***a and Lui Fuga today agreed to free-agent contracts with National Football League teams.

***a will sign with the Miami Dolphins, and Fuga has agreed to terms with the San Diego Chargers.

"They were the most interested in me," ***a said of the Dolphins.

***a can bench press a maximum 475 pounds, as well as bench 225 pound 37 times. He weighs 345 pounds; he was a 420-pound UH junior in 2003. Fuga, who was a rare sixth-year senior last season, was one of the Warriors' defensive captains. "He's tough," said Vantz Singletary, who coaches the UH defensive linemen. "He'll whip your facemask off. He has a great work ethic, and he's a guy in graduate school."
[/size][/font]

Unfortunately, another Florida team managed to get the UH player that would've made an immediate contribution/impact on the Dolphins, especially on special teams...Chad Owens.

Well, if the Dolphins are giving a chance on Brock Berlin, they should definitely give a chance to Timmy Chang. To put a stop to all this speculation and critcisms for these 2 qbs, the Dolphins should have these 2 qbs in training camp to compete and see who is better.

http://starbulletin.com/2004/04/09/sports/story1.html

Matt ***a, DT 6.3 325, Fresno City College, CA
Signed with Hawaii in 2002, but did not earn his associate degree in time to enroll at UH. Is on track to play this fall.

JC: All Central Valley Conference selection the past two seasons for Fresno City College. Credited with 11 quarterback sacks and 17 tackles for losses over the past two seasons. Fresno City College won 20 games during that span. Coached by Tony Caviglia. Strong player on the inside who can bench press 480 pounds. He has 2 seasons to play 2. Plans to major in education at UH. Graduate of Kaimuki High School in Honolulu. Was an OIA White division All-Star pick playing both offense and defense.

Looks like another Larry Chester type.....wide bodied.....extremely strong.

he has great size, but does anyone really think he has a shot at making the team ?

Probably a practice squad guy for a year, but we aren't exactly brimming with a lot of young, DT talent on that line.

I think he can make the team as a NT. At the NT position you look for a strong wide body to plug 2 gaps. I think he can do that with some experience.

Defensive tackle Matt ***a provided another highlight with 37 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press. Defensive tackle Lui Fuga benched 32 reps.

***a weighed in at 352 pounds.

can't find any 40 info... but who cares u know Saban has Nose Tackle in mind for this guy....

Back
Top Bottom