Hayden Fox Assessment: Preseason Week 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: Preseason Week 1

I wanted to add one more thing. Maybe it's time to trade Parker. Not sure what Miami could get for him, but other receivers seem to want it more. The Dolphins could keep Ford and perhaps one other receiver.

Hard for me to say that because I loved Parker coming out, but I agree with your assessment on his lack of separation. He is a nice 50/50 guy, but not reliable enough on those plays either. With Gesicki on board, Miami has someone to win in those situations.

Just a thought. Again, not sure what Miami could get. Is there a team loaded with DT's that might need a receiver? If we're talking draft picks probably 4th or later. I mean if the Dolphins get a 4th for Landry and Ajayi maybe that's optimistic.
The Rams! Let’s trade Parker for Suh!

Thanks Hayden, and welcome back!!! I just finished watching the taped version of the game on NFLN. I was expecting an albatross of crap, but saw a team who played hard. Unfortunately the same problem that hurt Miami over the last few seasons reared itself once again. That being, no one can cover the middle of the field. I agree with the assessment of Burke and his questionable game calling. Both Fitzpatrick and Baker bring instincts to their respective positions. Baker can cover the flats very well. While Fitzpatrick is instinctually around the ball. I saw marked improvement from Vincent Taylor, Chase Allen, Issac Asiata and Eric Smith. All played excellent games. Owusu just continues to defy the odds and may be a prime PS player. Ford really has shown he belongs and believe he's won the final WR spot on the 53. I'm still looking for a Charles Harris sighting, because, he seemed invisible once again. I'm not sure he has the mindset for the NFL, especially after reading he was in a dark place last season. He practices and trains like a warrior, but once the lights come on, he's nowhere to be found.
i just don’t think he has the physical tools to warrant a no 1 pick and the expectations that come with it. At best I see a Jared Odrick type.

It's always a great rush when one of our legendary posters comes out of retirement and makes a dramatic comeback. Welcome back, Hayden Fox, and it's great to see you posting again. You were missed. I wish all of the Finheaven Hall Of Fame posters would come back for this season, it's going to be a great one.

Just look at the draft and FA period we just had. Most of the guys Hayden was high on are the newly acquired talent from this off season. I don't remember a better off season since Shula was the Coach. Minkah, Gisecki, Baker, Ballage and Smythe is a home run any way you look at it. All these guys are paying dividends. In FA we got Sitton, Kilgore, Wilson and Amendola, all hits. We just have to put it together and be ready for opening day. We are a totally different team from the Cutler led failures from last season. We have way more team speed, more team players and leaders on both sides of the ball.

Hayden-any thoughts on McMillan? I think he and Baker are going to get that Ohio St. mojo working!

Great to have you back Hayden! Excellent points and well put.

Let's be careful about ascribing too much meaning to these preseason games. Veterans are just going through the motions, don't want to give anything away and trying hard not to get hurt. Rookies flash precisely because they are trying hard … just like the bubble-players. Players returning from injury are understandably hesitant.

One slight disagreement. I'm not looking to put the best athletes on the field, although that is good too. I'm looking to put the best players on the field. Or more accurately, to field the most effective team. Athletics certainly are a part of it, and with Gesicki, Baker, Fitzpatrick, and Ballage, as well as Taylor, Allen, McTyer, Tankersley, Parker, and Brendel we have some truly amazing athletes. But, IMHO, they have to earn it, by mastering the playbook, putting in the extra time honing their technique and watching film. Just working the hours mandated by the CBA is a recipe for unrealized potential. Sure, they'll get a paycheck … but probably not a Super Bowl ring.

Chase Allen FF.
Sorry, what was FF mean?

Time to think about Bobby McCain on the boundary in base sets. Torry McTyer and Cordrea Tankersley are not nearly consistent enough in their assignments. The team needs a player that will execute their assignments.
The team has to implement a 3 safety look. It will be maddening if McDonald or Fitzpatrick are on the sideline consistently. Time for the team to figure a way to get its best athletes on the field for defense.
I've been thinking along similar lines about Bobby. But to go even further, if X, Reshad, Minkah, Bobby, and TJ are our best five backs, think about leaving Bobby at boundary CB even in nickel and move Minkah to the slot. Maybe only move Bobby back to the slot in dime. Unfortunately, that means Minkah only plays deep safety in base and dime.

Yeah, I'm feeling kind of the same way. He's not a bust, in that he does makes plays and contributes. But he obviously hasn't taken his game to the level that many of us hoped he would. I just wonder how the coaching staff views him. We keep hearing good things in training camp and see nice things here and there.

The longest I'd keep Parker is end of contract unless he wants to play for rookie minimum. And I was a fan of that pick. That said, Ford has shown more value to the team.

Another thing I did notice was how well the d-line of Malveaux, Woodard, Phillips and Taylor played, throughout most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. That quite honestly, was a bit of a shock.

Sorry, what was FF mean?

I've been thinking along similar lines about Bobby. But to go even further, if X, Reshad, Minkah, Bobby, and TJ are our best five backs, think about leaving Bobby at boundary CB even in nickel and move Minkah to the slot. Maybe only move Bobby back to the slot in dime. Unfortunately, that means Minkah only plays deep safety in base and dime.
I hear you and I dont fully disagree, but if you do this then all of the problems we've had at safety for Years still continues. I dont think our problem in the secondary was the boundaries so much as it was defending anything over the middle of the field and that doesnt change much with this personell group if Minkah is playing anywhere other than FS.

we will be in mix for playoff.. wr are fast, rb34,33 look good, run block look good....
defense line need stop run and get pressure on qb
need work on pass protection
thi

Reactions: BSQ
Ugh why didn't we just keep Parkey! It's bafflimg and left us with an issue we could have avoided for years. Whole lot of positives this off-season but that one was a major head scratcher and is going to bite us in the ass all year.

Ugh why didn't we just keep Parkey! It's bafflimg and left us with an issue we could have avoided for years. Whole lot of positives this off-season but that one was a major head scratcher and is going to bite us in the *** all year.
You know Parkey missed the game tying FG for the bears right? He's not perfect

Back
Top Bottom