Hayden Fox Assessment: Preseason Week 1 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: Preseason Week 1

Burke is still a rookie in a sense, if he fails much further then Gase needs to get it done and instead of being over loyal to his old pipe dreams get his head out of the clouds and find the talent that is out there now not what was out there yesterday.

Our DB's were playing way off the whole game, even when the outcome of the game was on the line with under 2 minutes left in the game. If we cared about winning the game we would have done something different there at the end. I thought the team looked very good except for Tampa moving the ball against our 1's with relative ease, But, we had no defensive scheme, it was really a glorified scrimmage and Wake and Jones didn't even play. That said, Jerome Baker is the real deal. He seems to have top notch instincts for getting to the Football. The kid had a good game. Minkah did very well showing speed and a willingness to hit people. Tannehill sprinted to his right and delivered a strike downfield to Stills, Tannehill is back and fully healthy!! Great news because just about everything we did in the off season was to build a team around the skills of Ryan Tannehill. He's got an o-line, RB's and a bevy of speedy receivers. Gase and Tannehill are linked together into the future. If the Dolphin's win, they will look great but should they lose their ***** will be sucking canal water. I see them looking great but I'm starting to get concerned about the other teams in the AFC East. We got much better but the Bills were in the Playoffs last year and they got a star rookie QB. The Jets drafted Sam Darnold and he appears to be excellent so they got better and NE is always atop the division so it's going to be tough sweeping any of our division rivals. If we get the best of Tannehill we should get the wild card berth.

hqdefault.jpg

Jermome Baker sure is fast...
Owusu plays well in preseson...
Fitzpatrick looks good...
that James holding penalty killed the drive...
our run defense was bad...

Watched the game again I think the pass more than the run defense was bad. The Poling kid who probably filled in for Hull looked lost out there.

Our DB's were playing way off the whole game, even when the outcome of the game was on the line with under 2 minutes left in the game. If we cared about winning the game we would have done something different there at the end.
The problem is: our DBs were playing off almost exclusively last season too. I don't think we will just switch to playing the DBs closer to the line if we don't practice it in pre-season games.

Back
Top Bottom