Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 10 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 10

I think Philbin is done.

He does not make a difference.

Look at what Reid, McCoy, and Rex Ryan have done. McCoy has re-energized an offense. He's brought a dynamic variable to their team that wasn't there before. Reid, on the other hand, has taken a dysfunctional group of talent and turned them into a solid group of performers. Reid's record is better, but I am actually more impressed with McCoy.

Now Ryan... Say what you will about that team, but he gets the most out of his players. 2 examples. First, do you think Philbin could go to 2 AFC title games with Sanchez at QB? Second, he is coaching based on the strengths of his players. He isn't forcing them to do what he wants. He is doing what they need.

Anyway, I don't see anything from this group of coaches that demonstrates great coaching. We have a talented group of DL and we are getting hammered with the running game. We can't get to a QB to save our lives. We get 2 personal fouls, 1 of which directly impacted the outcome of the game. We get the ball deep in enemy territory, and we go conservative -- to not lose.

Ross' endorsement as a HC was not particularly glowing, in my opinion. He's the most organized person? I get that a HC is a manager. But he is also a coach, and a guy who sets the tone for the entire direction of the football operation. I don't want a CPA coaching the team. I want a guy who brings something to the table. How many times have we seen images of Belichik talking to his D and making adjustments after they give up points?

Philbin was coaching for his job last night. Scratch that. Philbin was watching for his job last night. He needed his team to win decisively and aggressively. The only aggression I saw was when Pouncey punched someone.

What is with Miami's inability to run screens? Doesn't matter the coach or players, I cant remember the last successful screen this team ran yet our opponents run them at will against us.

Back
Top Bottom