Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 12

seriously, Mike Wallace is talking about killer instinct ... W-O-W ...

he's not Ted Ginn ... but he isn't Steve Smith either ...

if HE had a killer instinct, HE catches every long throw today .... period. They were ALL catchable ...

regarding Philbin .... while his staying here on would not garner excitement -- I could live with it provided there is a new OC ... Sherman is terrible ...

seriously, Mike Wallace is talking about killer instinct ... W-O-W ...

he's not Ted Ginn ... but he isn't Steve Smith either ...

if HE had a killer instinct, HE catches every long throw today .... period. They were ALL catchable ...

regarding Philbin .... while his staying here on would not garner excitement -- I could live with it provided there is a new OC ... Sherman is terrible ...

And all of Tannehill's passes were just spot on (sarcastic).

It was not just this game. This team has lacked it for the last six years. I can't believe you are not seeing it. Even Wallace acknowledged it. This team just cannot put teams away -- unless it is the Raiders.

Fair enough, but I don't think it is because we lack some intangible quality. I think it is because this team does not have enough talent at key positions and the situational coaching is terrible. And I think that goes all the way back to Dave Wannstedt.

I'm very disappointed in Joe Philbin's coaching strategy today. He coached not to lose when he needed to coach to win.

Getting Pouncy and Incog back would be a big boost to the run game. If we do indeed bring Incog back...you know hes going to play with some fire.

Also...one of the biggest bright spots of the day was Dion Jordan. He needs to keep getting as many snaps as possible for the rest of this year. Hes going to be an impact player folks

I think there are 2 key problems that need to be addressed before this team will make any real strides.

1). Playcalling is abyssmal. The entire second half the offense called plays to not lose instead of continuing to put pressure on the Panther d. How do you call so many plays that require the ball carrier to break a tackle to move the chains when our guys are terrible at that? At least call plays to hit them moving.

2). This team is happy to just be in the game and competitive. How is it every game is close? Someone needs to let them know it's ok to roll a team up.

Both issues are coaching related, specifically Sherman and Philbin with their philosophies.

These days with all the bitching and whining I pretty much just look forward to you assessment after the game, even if I don't agree on all point. I do agree we need a killer instinct but saying needing one and getting one are two different things. Without a competent running game I don't think the Dolphins can rely on a killer instinct strategy, we start to many drives trying to make up for a run for a loss or a run for a yard or two.

I really have (or maybe had) hopes for Thigpin but someone needs to tell him not to try running it out the endzone with less than a minute left, it just burned off valuable time and lost yards.

I suppose I should go back and verify but the TD pass to Wallace and the second long pass Tannehill was moving from pressure, he didn't have his feet planted. Given that I'd say those throws were good enough and people have to consider those things. The last past to Wallace he should of caught, good enough throw for that distance.

These days with all the bitching and whining I pretty much just look forward to you assessment after the game, even if I don't agree on all point. I do agree we need a killer instinct but saying needing one and getting one are two different things. Without a competent running game I don't think the Dolphins can rely on a killer instinct strategy, we start to many drives trying to make up for a run for a loss or a run for a yard or two.

I really have (or maybe had) hopes for Thigpin but someone needs to tell him not to try running it out the endzone with less than a minute left, it just burned off valuable time and lost yards.

I suppose I should go back and verify but the TD pass to Wallace and the second long pass Tannehill was moving from pressure, he didn't have his feet planted. Given that I'd say those throws were good enough and people have to consider those things. The last past to Wallace he should of caught, good enough throw for that distance.

Thank you. I was a negative Nancy today. Unfortunately, I was right with my predictions.

I expected most of the write-up to focus on the absolutely egregious error by Philbin to use his timeouts with the other team being the one that needed to work the clock. I'm sure the Carolina Panthers are laughing all the way back to Charlotte that with their biggest enemy being the clock, having only one timeout, we used 3 timeouts that allowed them to have ample time that they needed. Blowing double digit leads seemingly every week should have been enough, but that was a clear sign that this staff is in over their head.

Philbin is a smart coach, and everything he does is thought through. The players are often doing smart things on the field that show their awareness of the clock. But in this case, Philbin clearly overthought a situation and prepared for a contingency when it wasn't even necessary, and by doing so completely overlooked the primary threat to victory that he left wide open.

Thank you. I was a negative Nancy today. Unfortunately, I was right with my predictions.

Great write up as always.

I just don't see a playoff team. The team looks the part at times but than other times looks awful, particularly on offense. I can't see them flipping a switch and all of sudden playing their best football. Sadly imo I see a split with the jets and at least 2 of 3 losses to the steelers, bills and pats. 6 maybe 7 wins.... clean house.

Back
Top Bottom