Hayden Fox's Assessment Week 17 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment Week 17

You turned out to be spot on Hayden. You said all week you were afraid we'd play tight and we did just that. Great post. Here's hoping Ross cleans house.

Unfortunately, this team is getting easy to read.

I am just not sure where we are at this point.

Ireland has to go first, he has had enough time to proove himself and has not been able to stock this roster with any depth. The only star he has brought in is Cam Wake, and he had an off year. His drafts have been average, his FA signings have sucked, "Ellerbee and Wheeler were huge disappointments." He has created .500 talent. Our weakness in the trenches on both sides of the ball was glaringly evident and that is a personel problem. Our RB were poor all year with pass protection and production.

The coaching is terrible. We can't develop anybody and are consistently out schemed. The only good things I saw out of Philben was his success on challenges and his ability to keep the team together after the Martin scandal. Both OC and DC were not good. If this is the best that you can do in the last 2 games of the season against the Bills and Jets, you need to look for another job.

Lastly, you got to look at the QB position. Tannehill did improve this year, but his lackluster play hurt an offense that was already anemic. You can't miss as many deep shots as he did this year. A rookie QB should be brought in to compete, along with keeping a veteran like Moore as a safety net.

Gotta can the GM and both coordinators. Philbin stays only if new GM feels he can work with him.

We are a mess....again!

Ireland has to go first, he has had enough time to proove himself and has not been able to stock this roster with any depth. The only star he has brought in is Cam Wake, and he had an off year. His drafts have been average, his FA signings have sucked, "Ellerbee and Wheeler were huge disappointments." He has created .500 talent. Our weakness in the trenches on both sides of the ball was glaringly evident and that is a personel problem. Our RB were poor all year with pass protection and production.

The coaching is terrible. We can't develop anybody and are consistently out schemed. The only good things I saw out of Philben was his success on challenges and his ability to keep the team together after the Martin scandal. Both OC and DC were not good. If this is the best that you can do in the last 2 games of the season against the Bills and Jets, you need to look for another job.

Lastly, you got to look at the QB position. Tannehill did improve this year, but his lackluster play hurt an offense that was already anemic. You can't miss as many deep shots as he did this year. A rookie QB should be brought in to compete, along with keeping a veteran like Moore as a safety net.

Gotta can the GM and both coordinators. Philbin stays only if new GM feels he can work with him.

We are a mess....again!

You create more of a mess by your idea. A shotgun marriage with a new GM...no! Where are you going to find quality coordinators that will work for a possibly fired coach next year?

The Jets got a pretty damn good OC in Mournigwig with a lame duck HC, didn't they? Not saying the GM needs to retain Philbin, we could get rid of him as well and I would be happy with that.

i agree with everything you said but how in the hell was wallace going to catch that ball in the endzone when he was clearly interfered with before the ball got there? people seem to blame wallace for everything. the reason we're home in january is because the qb has some serious accuracy issues, not to mention pocket awareness and a pus** demeanor! all he had to do was hit wallace on that 2nd quarter bomb and we win this game going away.

Hayden - Thanks again for your thorough analysis every week. Like many others, I'm very low tonight and really surprised that we showed so little heart. The injury to Hartline showed how much Tannehill depends on him. The play calling was disgustingly predictable and the Offense yearns for more creativity in this department.
I expected the team to put last week's effort behind them, with so much to play for, but we got zilch. You correctly predicted that we would be flat, lack effort and totally out-coached. The biggest positive from today was that we won't have to listen to Dan Dierdorf as a TV commentator next year. I seem to detect his pleasure in every Dolphin mistake. Auf wiedersehen Herr Dierdorf.

The Jets got a pretty damn good OC in Mournigwig with a lame duck HC, didn't they? Not saying the GM needs to retain Philbin, we could get rid of him as well and I would be happy with that.

I do not think he is that good of an OC. His offense sucked last year, yet with the same players Chip Kelly is the talk of the league.

Hayden. Spot on Dude. Your most Telling comment...

"In a game where energy, emotion and guts would be necessary, the Dolphins seemed to lack any of those traits. The team needed to be primed and ready to go for a huge game and they simply were not up to the task."

That is the Dolphins for a Decade plus. Chokes. Losses at Home. And last thing, Tannehill does not have "it" if he did we would be discussing our Playoff game next week.

Nice work Hayden. Great point on emerging AFC teams. Miami will come in to next season predicted to finish last on the AFC East. Buffalo and the Jets are improving.], we are getting worse

Back
Top Bottom