Hayden Fox's Draft Assessments | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Draft Assessments

You put a lot of thought into that post...good job. This thing about Tannenhill being injury prone or can't stay healthy is crap, the guy is tough as nails and for the first 4 or 5 years of his career was being beat up behind that awful Oline and still never missed a game or complained.

I saw Mel Kiper Jr compare Tannehill to Sam Bradford yesterday.

Just utterly ridiculous!

Bradford...101 tds...57 ints
Tannehill...106 tds....66 ints

Bradford...comp% 62.5
Tannehill...comp% 62.7

Bradford...Int%...2.5%
Tannehill...Int%...2.5%

Bradford...ypg...238.1
Tannehill...ypg...239.7

Bradford...yards gained per passing attempt...6.6
Tannehill...yards gained per passing attempt...7.0

Bradford...comp% 62.5
Tannehill...comp% 62.7

Bradford...Int%...2.5%
Tannehill...Int%...2.5%

Bradford...ypg...238.1
Tannehill...ypg...239.7

I’m not disputing the similarities between them statistical-wise.

He was referring to them purely from a health standpoint.

Don’t forget how the pats imo made a massive mistake letting Brady push garopolo out of town. The first real mistake they’ve made in seemingly forever. Thank God garopolo isn’t in NE. They didn’t draft a QB early because of Brady I’m sure. The first major chink in their armor.

Yall can say Tannehill is not injury prone all you want and up till now, he has not been. However two things, players are generally not the same year one removed from major knee surgery and Tannehill is not a good mover within the pocket, a big part of his game is his athletiscm, roll outs, throwing on the run, etc. how will his knee handle those things is absolutely a legit concern.

Wonder why Andrew Luck escapes the constant concerted effort to replace him considering he’s coming off a much more significant injury and whose team was in a much better position (8-8, 8-8, and 4-12 the last three seasons) to acquire one of the hot new rookie quarterbacks yet all I hear is crickets from all the analysts who are ever so quick to give favorable teams the benefit of the doubt... it’s sickening!!

I flip to both depending on ads.

Couldn't stand the ESPN coverage to watch......I stuck with the NFL Network which I think is much better. However, there still were way too many commercials just before a Dolphins pick to convince me that they are doing it on purpose...lol. At least it seems that way.

Quality post.

One point I would disagree with you on a little bit is about Braxton Berrios. I am not a Canes fan, but I thought really highly of Berrios and I will bet you a sig that he not only makes the Patriots, but contributes right away as a rookie.

Bradford...comp% 62.5
Tannehill...comp% 62.7

Bradford...Int%...2.5%
Tannehill...Int%...2.5%

Bradford...ypg...238.1
Tannehill...ypg...239.7

Always left out.....

Bradford...Sack % - 6.2%
Tannehill...Sack % - 7.5%

Bradford...Philbin % - 0%
Tannehill... Philbin % - 80%

Great write up and analysis.
Although no way picking Edmunds over Minkah would be the right pick. One is a sure top 4 player the other a question mark with issues in coverage.
Watch Edmunds against Miami and Clemson- he was mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom