“he Can Take His’n And Beat Your’n, Or Take Your’n And Beat His’n” | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“he Can Take His’n And Beat Your’n, Or Take Your’n And Beat His’n”

So I’ve seen conflicting reports about this quote. The one I believe is that the words were spoken by Bum Phillips and were concerning Don Shula coaching prowess. Can someone else confirm this?
Here it is from Wiki. Damn I love the one about Earl Campbell - LMAO.

• referring to Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula) "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."[10] He also said the same line about Bear Bryant.[11]
  • (referring to Houston Oilers quarterback Warren Moon) "That boy could throw a football through a car wash and not get it wet."
  • (when asked about Oilers RB Earl Campbell's inability to finish a one-mile run in training camp) "When it's first and a mile, I won't give it to him."

I thought trading him to sf for a fifth was so awful

Yeah I mean I thought Ginn would of complimented Brandon Marshall rather well, along with Bess/Hartline. 2009 he contributed to like 3 of the 5 most explosive plays . . . I wouldn't give up that type of playmaking ability when u have nothing that resembles it and u got such a little return.

We ended up burning a 4 on Edmund Clyde Gates to replace Ginn and yet Ginn still plays a significant role on playoff teams 12 years after being drafted.

Yeah I mean I thought Ginn would of complimented Brandon Marshall rather well, along with Bess/Hartline. 2009 he contributed to like 3 of the 5 most explosive plays . . . I wouldn't give up that type of playmaking ability when u have nothing that resembles it and u got such a little return.

We ended up burning a 4 on Edmund Clyde Gates to replace Ginn and yet Ginn still plays a significant role on playoff teams 12 years after being drafted.

But wasn't Ginn terible here?

For a 5th was pathetic, though. For a 5th yah might as well have kept him.

Was it a contract issue?

But wasn't Ginn terible here?

For a 5th was pathetic, though. For a 5th yah might as well have kept him.

Was it a contract issue?

Nah he wasn't terrible. He wasn't #9 overall worthy but he was a good contributor.

The biggest money from his rookie deal was already paid out . . . He was cheap the final two years.

Think it was more of a PR move from Ireland with the backlash the organization received when we drafted him.

I just remember him being soft, always stepping out of bounds after a catch.

Maybe that was my gripe with him.

I just remember him being soft, always stepping out of bounds after a catch.

Maybe that was my gripe with him.

Yes that was the biggest complaint that people had on him which was ridiculous. He is not the type of receiver you want fighting for extra yards. Going out of bounds and avoiding hits was smart. It’s also why he is still playing in the league.

ginns problem was we drafted him and invested draft capitol in him like he was a #1 wr. he's far from that. probably a low 3 high 4 on a good team. I'd probably lean the latter

guys game belongs no where in the top 10

Get ready for hell OP. This thread is going to go downhill real fast just because you mentioned he who shall not be named.

Rather start one of the other bums currently on our roster and go 2-14 and get a higher pick.

No sense in going 6-01, 7-9, 8-8.

The good thing about Flores is having had to game plan vs TH twice a year for a few years he can make a legitimate judgment call on keeping home or letting him go.

I know that everyone is done with Tannehill and ready to move on with the new coaching staff as well as a new QB, but I would really love to see Ryan come back for one final year and see us sweep the jests!

And I apologize in advance for anyone clicking on the thread and thinking it was about the great Don Shula, but this thought definitely made me think of him.

Tannehill will bounce back in '19 whether it be here or elsewhere, don't listen to Miami fans, they know nothing about football.

Just look at how successful New Orleans has been at drafting since Jeff Ireland became their director of college scouting, and the drafts before he got there (not good).

If you listened to the vast majority of Miami fans you would think the guy is an imbecile, just goes to show how little these people truly know about football.

Last edited:
Yes that was the biggest complaint that people had on him which was ridiculous. He is not the type of receiver you want fighting for extra yards. Going out of bounds and avoiding hits was smart. It’s also why he is still playing in the league.

With Ginn's speed/playmaking possibility, I would've liked to see him try and make the first guy miss.

Say what you want about Landry, I don't know what he's doing now but when he was here, he played as if the sideline didn't exist. That's the kind of toughness you want out of the guy.

But I'm seeing Ginn catch balls over the middle now, unafraid of footsteps. I guess he just needed time.

I know that everyone is done with Tannehill and ready to move on with the new coaching staff as well as a new QB, but I would really love to see Ryan come back for one final year and see us sweep the jests!

And I apologize in advance for anyone clicking on the thread and thinking it was about the great Don Shula, but this thought definitely made me think of him.

Let it go, this is thee perfect time to make a change at QB. It's good for the team and for Ryan.

Everything this team has done to this point would be a step backwards if Ryan stays. Especially on a team mate standpoint. I'm sure 30% of the team knows it's time for a change just like 50% plus of the fans.

The plan now IMO is do what they've done to put the word out he's available. They don't want to cut him if they can find one suitor.

They also would like to be in control of where he goes if possible but not crucial.

Ryan would be #1 back-up QB in the NFL if any team chose that route allowing him to climb into a starting role . It would also be a good wake-up call for Ryan to shake those cobwebs he acquired in 2018.

Tannehill will bounce back in '19 whether it be here or elsewhere, don't listen to Miami fans, they know nothing about football.

Just look at how successful New Orleans has been at drafting since Jeff Ireland became their director of college scouting.

If you listened to the vast majority of Miami fans you would think the guy is an imbecile, just goes to show how little these people truly know about football.

He was an imbecile here. That's all that matters.

I was an imbecile running the airfreight division at my former job (almost got fired) but when they moved me to logistics for the companies biggest client, the company gushed so much about me that I earned a raise.

Some people are better or worse with different responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom