He Deserves Another Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He Deserves Another Season

madisonfan90

I run Buffalo
Reaction score
Yeah I know we're 4-8. But those losses are in the past, even if that's only a few months ago. In football time, that's an eternity. The point is we're winning now! Leave the system in place, give them a full off season to do there thing, and lets see what we have to offer next year. The way it looks now, we are on the brink of being a contender. Why would you ruin the chemistry and do a total overhaul? Sign another coach, bring in a new philosophy, new players, and what not. I think next year could be our year, lets not screw it up. Yeah your thinking, "every year was supposed to be our year". Well when was the last time we were playing this good? And with a solid QB who's reliable? We are a few items away from going places. Lets not mess things up and change the status quo just for the sake of doing so. I vote to give Sparano and co another year. The way he has them playing now, he's earned it. Nobody can really argue against that fact because like I said, when was the last time we played this competitive??

I really think the jury is still out.

Since the team is hitting on all cylinders (i.e., if this is his good squad) lets see how they will fare against the Jets and Pats this time around.

I'm not convinced after last game b/c the Raiders were not at full strength and plus we couldn't close out Dallas.

Yeah I know we're 4-8. But those losses are in the past, even if that's only a few months ago. In football time, that's an eternity. The point is we're winning now! Leave the system in place, give them a full off season to do there thing, and lets see what we have to offer next year. The way it looks now, we are on the brink of being a contender. Why would you ruin the chemistry and do a total overhaul? Sign another coach, bring in a new philosophy, new players, and what not. I think next year could be our year, lets not screw it up. Yeah your thinking, "every year was supposed to be our year". Well when was the last time we were playing this good? And with a solid QB who's reliable? We are a few items away from going places. Lets not mess things up and change the status quo just for the sake of doing so. I vote to give Sparano and co another year. The way he has them playing now, he's earned it. Nobody can really argue against that fact because like I said, when was the last time we played this competitive??

I'm glad not everyone on this board is cynical and so biased against Tony.

I agree 100% and have been saying this since we were 0-3...good post by you.

Um, those losses are not in the past. They're in this season. We're not 4-1 like some would like to think. We're 4-8 and out of the playoffs again. Unacceptable. It was a nice win today, but it doesn't change years of poor coaching and underperformance.

You never saw Shula acting like a total pompus like Tony Sparano does. Who may I add only had 2 losing seasons in his 26 years as head coach.

No, Shula could sense momentum shifts and shift accordingly before they happened. He had a great mind for the game. He was a shark, very keen and aware, and actually thought things out. CALCULATED. Cool, calm and collective, because he KNEW what the hell he was doing. Great game day coach who had the team prepared the best he could. Sure there were years when the team was deficient in talent, BIGTIME. but again, only 2 losing seasons in 26 years as coach despite having teams with poor talent.

He wasn't a rah rah guy who resembled a pom-pom waving cheerleader rather than an NFL head coach. Shula was a coach that actually had a mind for the game (who woulda thunk this was important !).Tony Sparano is just a cheerleader , with no mind for the game of football whatsoever. That's why sparano will always be a loser coach and belongs at the high school level to do his rah-rah pom-pom waving cheerleader impressions.

The guy has no "feel" or the game at all. And feel is the most important thing to look for in a coach. All the hall of fame coaches had great "feel" for the game as it was going on. Were excellent in sensing momentum shifts and all the little intracacies of the game. Sparano is total garbage in any and all those things. Not only that but the guy totally lacks any common sense.

This team just lost like 10 or 11 in a row AT HOME, and looked totally flat in most of them. Also lost 10 in a row total dating back to last year. And threw total stinkers at the end of the 09 and 2010 seasons losing 3 in a row to close those seasons out with losing records. And through all that, losing to MANY atrocious and horrible football teams to boot. Some coach huh ?

I miss having a real NFL caliber coach managing this team. And Sparano is far FAR from it. Not even close, in any sense.

He's way in over his head at this level. and everyone should thank god and thank Stephen Ross that he'll be gone after this season is over with.

We should keep Sparano blah blah blah... Let me go get my violin

Um, those losses are not in the past. They're in this season. We're not 4-1 like some would like to think. We're 4-8 and out of the playoffs again. Unacceptable. It was a nice win today, but it doesn't change years of poor coaching and underperformance.
Yes I want a head coach that scores more touch downs than field goals. I don't want a conservative head coach on offense any more.

I really think the jury is still out.

Since the team is hitting on all cylinders (i.e., if this is his good squad) lets see how they will fare against the Jets and Pats this time around.

I'm not convinced after last game b/c the Raiders were not at full strength and plus we couldn't close out Dallas.
If we would've played exactly the same way against Dallas, in exctly the same situation (i.e., a Thanksgiving game away, against a 6-4 team), in the midst of a winning season, I don't think anybody would've had a problem with the performance.

Said differently, I don't think most of Green Bay's fans, New England's fans, or New Orleans's fans would've had much of a problem with going into Dallas on Thanksgiving against a 6-4 team and losing by one point on a last-second field goal.

He's done good in the past month or so, but I think he should be replaced. The teams we have beaten have a record of 21-27. The teams that we had close losses too (1 td or less) are 24 - 24. That tells me we are less than average. And that comes down to head coaching. We have the talent generally to be in the playoffs, but have been let down by the HC for the past couple of years.

It's time for a new HC.

Miami's offense scored 0 TDs on 4 trips in the red zone against Dallas. The defense played well all game, until the last drive when it really mattered. This describes most of their games, which is why they have a losing record and have been losers for the past few years. Miami has a track record of outplaying superior teams only to give the game away, or losing to inferior teams because they can't finish an opponent. With Sparano at the helm, this team has not improved... they still give games away and still fail to finish an opponent. He needs to go.

He PLAYS for FG'! Get PUMPED over FG's...he is an awful HC & must be fired.

Yeah I know we're 4-8. But those losses are in the past, even if that's only a few months ago. In football time, that's an eternity. The point is we're winning now! Leave the system in place, give them a full off season to do there thing, and lets see what we have to offer next year. The way it looks now, we are on the brink of being a contender. Why would you ruin the chemistry and do a total overhaul? Sign another coach, bring in a new philosophy, new players, and what not. I think next year could be our year, lets not screw it up. Yeah your thinking, "every year was supposed to be our year". Well when was the last time we were playing this good? And with a solid QB who's reliable? We are a few items away from going places. Lets not mess things up and change the status quo just for the sake of doing so. I vote to give Sparano and co another year. The way he has them playing now, he's earned it. Nobody can really argue against that fact because like I said, when was the last time we played this
competitive??

You cant be serious. The past is the past? Not in football. It doesnt work that way. Miami needs to be better than average. They've been average for a long time now. I like Tony as a person but look at the facts. He's an O-line coach and Miami's O-line has been inconsistent for most of his time here. The biggest problem of all is that he NEVER plays to win. Always plays to not lose. Miami needs a coach with some b*lls and that doesnt get super excited over feild goals. ... 3 straight years of 8-8 or worse??? Yeah, keep him...Yeah right.

Back
Top Bottom