Head coach Brian Flores is concerned about the state of the Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head coach Brian Flores is concerned about the state of the Dolphins

Flores fooled me into thinking he wasn't just going to be another belicheat coach trying to be just like him, and he wasn’t after year 2. But something happened after last year in that Flores got arrogant and thinks he can make any move and be successful. Trying to be belicheat and run off the veterans and bring these bums from high schools to be coach, It’s like dude you were only 10-6 last year and you still missed the playoffs, and you still having a losing record as a coach.

Nope! I think coach Flo is going to get at minimum 1 more year. Unlike most on the board I do think the owner is going to look at his first 2 years favorably and if this year is a regression will give him 1 more year if not 2 years to finish off his contract.

I’d also say this. Look around the league there are some teams that are supposed to be better than us with their full compliment of starts that are struggling too. KC is ONE game better than Miami right now. That same goes for the Steelers, NE, etc.
I think Ross will give Flores the benefit of the doubt for the 1-4 start simply because Flores was forced to play a backup QB in the games they lost. While that doesn’t excuse the horrible play by the defense, Flores still has time to save his job over the next 12 games.

If the Dolphins can go 8-4 or better over those 12 games, I think Ross will overlook the slow start even if the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs. Yet if the Dolphins finish with less than 9 wins and end up with a losing record, an 81 year owner might not be that patience and will want to bring in a new head coach.

Ross has made it very clear that he expects to have a consistent winner in Miami. He isn’t getting any younger and therefore he wants to win NOW. The next 12 games are the most important games in the coaching career of Flores in Miami IMO.

Wow Flores has the same worries ive had for 25 years!

Agree. Only cause Ross is a buffoon
Ross is certainly “not” a buffoon (fool, jester, or clown).

He has financially done his job as an owner.

His decisions have not worked out, but he is not stupid…..

If this regime doesn’t right the ship and display that their scouting and picks were good ones, and that they can coach up these players through the staff they keep changing?

They will be gone at seasons end!

I was particularly interested in the word 'lot.' Thus, "We gotta make a LOT of corrections. A LOT of things we’ve gotta address."
Right after. "we're just a little out of synch". 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A "little?" Yeah. You're a "little" out of touch.

I really can't wait for this guy to be gone.

Am I right that was Brady’s first career game throwing for 400 yards and 5 tds? It’s more than, well we played Brady and the champs. flos defense let Brady have a career day in a two decades career

Am I right that was Brady’s first career game throwing for 400 yards and 5 tds? It’s more than, well we played Brady and the champs. flos defense let Brady have a career day in a two decades career
He threw for over 500 yards and 4 TDs against Miami in 2011.

Yes, they said that on espn.

If this regime doesn’t right the ship and display that their scouting and picks were good ones, and that they can coach up these players through the staff they keep changing?

The problem with Ross is he applies his business management tactics to the football operations of the team. In a typical business you would not clear house because that financially makes no sense, it's better to re-organize and trim fat. He seems to like to have a guy that is like a corporate representative of the team the oversees the whole operation and reports to him, examples would be Jeff Ireland, Dawn Aponte, Mike Tannenbaum, and now Grier. The problem with that is if things go bad, which they always seem to do, you're only getting one person's perspective. He needs to be more proactive with the team and have multiple people report to him directly.

What was his first clue?

35-0 versus Buffalo…or 45-17 to Tampa?

How have those teams done against other competition?

Hell, How did the Colts do against the Ravens last night?

While you're at it please include how many of those team were without their starting QB.

I actually think he is. I think the media circus that has surrounded the team since Ross took ownership is due to Steve Ross, and not to mysterious outside factors. I think we finally have enough evidence now to say that it's his stupid love of washed up New York Jets personalities and other NYC bozos that has contributed to the Dolphins being a football team that is only relevant because of rumors leaked to the press every other week.

How have those teams done against other competition?

Hell, How did the Colts do against the Ravens last night?

While you're at it please include how many of those team were without their starting QB.
We got routed… not beaten!

Back
Top Bottom