Head Coach Brian Flores, New Look Dolphins Defense Look To Bounce Back From Dismal 2018 Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Brian Flores, New Look Dolphins Defense Look To Bounce Back From Dismal 2018 Season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Two words - Matt Burke. With the elimination of his guidance, I expect a substantial improvement.
ec5c7295d4f770276a46ed97cb4a6bdb

The Miami Dolphins were one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL during the 2018 season, but that could change in 2019.

Until the ball is snapped, at least.

The Dolphins allowed a franchise record 6,257 yards in 2018, which is one reason they have a new coach, Brian Flores. His defensive play-calling helped the New England Patriots to a 13-3 Super Bowl victory over the high-scoring Los Angeles Rams, and Flores has brought to Miami a scheme that redefines the meaning of positions.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/08/06/brian-flores-dolphins-defense-bounce-back-2018-season/

I never want to see an entire game of “our CBs are lining up 10 yards downfield. And no it isn’t a disguise” again.

Or how about taking DBs that are built for press and having them play zone.

Wide 9? Ugh

It was unbearable to watch.

Just seeing a generally smart, tough defense will be a nice change. Also hoping he has a few tricks up his sleeve for his old boss, I love beating those guys

Just seeing a generally smart, tough defense will be a nice change. Also hoping he has a few tricks up his sleeve for his old boss, I love beating those guys

And the bonus is, we play them at home (where they always have problems) VERY early. All the wrinkles won't be visible at that point.

Back
Top Bottom