Head Coach : My Top 3 Personal Favorites... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach : My Top 3 Personal Favorites...

Although I don't think Cohwer will be heading to Miami next year, Whisenhunt and Cameron appear to be the top two at this point. I don't know how I feel about any of the others except Gailey. I really don't want to see another college coach on the Dolphins sidelines. I do think it would be interesting to see Jim Bates as coach with Dom Capers as Defensive co-ordinator. Funny how Bates is the one person that really wants the job and doesn't appear to be a strong candidate.

Some interesting prospects would be: Jimmy Johnson (of the Eagles) and Ron Rivera.

You are the first person that I heard, that mentioed Saunders. I don't know if he wants to be a HC at this time, as he may be loyal to Gibbs. But I would love Saunders he has always had a balanced attack, even when he had Preist Holmes.

I've been pimping him in the VIP. I believe teams are just instantly scared off because he's already making $6 million over 3 years as an O.C. but I know he can't be happy with Gibbs splintering his offense. Gibbs is controlling the running game while Al is controlling the passing game. Some of their players have come out saying the communication isn't there. I don't see how they thought that would work.

I've been pimping him in the VIP. I believe teams are just instantly scared off because he's already making $6 million over 3 years as an O.C. but I know he can't be happy with Gibbs splintering his offense. Gibbs is controlling the running game while Al is controlling the passing game. Some of their players have come out saying the communication isn't there. I don't see how they thought that would work.

Saunders has been looking for a HC job for a while.

Some interesting prospects would be: Jimmy Johnson (of the Eagles) and Ron Rivera.

Johnson won't leave, and he has said he's not interested in leaving. He openly admitted that he is too old to become a head coach.

I don't understand why everybody wants Mike Martz. He's a great OC, but he's an idiot as a HC.

Personally I would like to bring in a former Dolphin player that has ties to the franchise....and most importantly....LOYALITY.

I even would take someone that has very little to no experience...I feel there's enough experience on the team to guide that person....AS long as they use Mueller as he should be used...as the person who makes the decisions on the players signed and drafted.

I feel this is the right way and the smart way...instead of bringing in some other teams coach that has no connection to the Dolphins....it just hasn't work.

Personally I would like to bring in a former Dolphin player that has ties to the franchise....and most importantly....LOYALITY.

I even would take someone that has very little to no experience...I feel there's enough experience on the team to guide that person....AS long as they use Mueller as he should be used...as the person who makes the decisions on the players signed and drafted.

I feel this is the right way and the smart way...instead of bringing in some other teams coach that has no connection to the Dolphins....it just hasn't work.

Anybody in mind?

Anybody in mind?

There's a few EX- Dolphins that have gone on and become coaches....I believe Larry Little is one of them. I find it hard to believe that with all the former players....we can't find one that is worthy of taking over as the Dolphins headcoach....sad.

There's a few EX- Dolphins that have gone on and become coaches....I believe Larry Little is one of them. I find it hard to believe that with all the former players....we can't find one that is worthy of taking over as the Dolphins headcoach....sad.

I think it's more that none of them are interested in coaching

I think it's more that none of them are interested in coaching

I think it's more that Wayne doesn't look in his own house. Cowher was in his early 30's when he became the headcoach of the Steelers...how much coaching experience did he have....not much....but the Steelers looked in their own house....and not some else's house.

The Dolphins need to break this stupid search of people that won't stay longer than a few years....have no background or tradition as a Dolphin...and very little loyality to the franchise.

Shame Randy Shannon is taking over at the U....he could have been a very decent prospect for the Dolphins.

Shannon was a Miami Dolphins defensive assistant in 1998 and 1999 before becoming Miami's linebackers coach in 2000.

Bill Cowher - I disagree about the compensation being acceptable. We need the draft picks more than we need him.

Cam Cameron - I think LT, Rivers and Gates had more to do with their success than he did.

Ken Whisenhunt - This option is appealing to me. A solid choice.

One name that keeps geeting left out is Alex Gibbs. I can't seem to get any feedback on what people think about him as a candidate for HC.

Any ideas from you?

Gibbs is just too old to be a first time head coach, in my opinion. Same situation as guys like Jim Johnson and Monte Kiffin face. Very good, knowledgable coaches, but I think are better served in their current capacities. Also, unless I am mistaken, Alex Gibbs doesn't even have any experience as a coordinator in this league. Hasn't he always been an O Line coach, like Hudson Houck?

Any of the guys on my sig are guys we could use. Anyone not on the list are really not :)

And fishypete, are there any former Phins even acting as position coaches in the NFL? It might be ok to take a look at them, but we arent just gonna promote some player with 0 experience. Just because someone is a good player doesnt mean they are a good coach.
Wasnt Cowher just a special teams guy and not really much as a player? Could be wrong but thats what i remember.

I only have one candidate on my list but he must be putting out feelers against the idea.

My 1 and only candidate is Al Saunders. This is a guy who I think could totally fix the offense and would be a perfect compliment to Houck cause he'd go out and get him real road graders and not 2nd day scrubs.

I'm not too hot about taking our franchise into a new direction with a 60-year old head coach. Nonetheless, I agree with the original threadstarter. I'm really starting to buy into the Cameron idea..

Back
Top Bottom