Head Coach : My Top 3 Personal Favorites... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach : My Top 3 Personal Favorites...

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I'm going to list my current "Top 3" favorite head coaching candidates{as of today}. Here we go....

1. Bill Cowher - If he's open for discussion, and the compensation isn't too heavy, Bill Cowher would be my first choice. He's proven, he's smart, and we know what we'd be getting in him based on his work while in Pittsburgh. Like I said, IF it's remotely possible, we should hire Bill Cowher in my opinion. The chances of hiring / finding another coach this off-season with his credecials, will be slim to none....

2. Cam Cameron - Right now, this guy is getting a lot of attention around the NFL. There isn't one team with a head coaching vacancy that isn't very interested in interviewing Cameron. He's one of the best game planners, and he knows how to get the most out of his QB's. He may not have been very successful in college, but he's come a long way since then in my opinion. Not to mention Indiana is not known for it's football program....

Cam Cameron would give our offense some new life, and scoring points is something this team is desperate for. If Cowher is a no go, Cameron is my choice to become our new head coach....

3. Ken Whisenhunt - Some say he's merely another version of Mike Mularkey, I think not. The Steelers offense has been very consistant under Whisenhunt, and there's a good reason why he's a strong candidate to replace Cowher. I like the football players / coaching that comes out of Pittsburgh too, they've always had a very proud / strong football foundation, and I would have confidence in hiring Whisenhunt based on that reason. He's a good, young, offensive minded coach who is up for promotion. If Cowher / Cameron aren't possibilities, I would very much like to focus on Whisenhunt....

Wild Card - Marty Shottenhiemer
=========================

There are rumors spreading that the Chargers are going to fire him at seasons' end. He's had poor relations with the ownership / management for some time now, and if he is fired, he'd be one of my first choices as Saban's replacement. I've always wanted Marty, even when Shula retired he was one of my first choices. He's still just as good now as he was then, and I love the intensity he brings to the entire team. If Shott get's the axe, I'm ready to hire him without hesitation....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

I only have one candidate on my list but he must be putting out feelers against the idea.

My 1 and only candidate is Al Saunders. This is a guy who I think could totally fix the offense and would be a perfect compliment to Houck cause he'd go out and get him real road graders and not 2nd day scrubs.

I agree with everything in your post, and those are the 3 i would like in order also. only thing i dont agree with is Shottenhiemer, but only becuase he is so old and i want to get a coach who is young.

I like cowher the best, it just kills me to have to give up draft picks so that depends on what they are wanting in return for compensation. for a 2nd i would do it, for more like John Clayton was saying i dont think so. Then I would turn to CC and Ken W.

Those are my top 3 only the order changes upside down. My Wild card would have to be Norm Chow.

Let's give the Steelers Daunte, Harrington and Chambers for Cowher! :lol:

If not lets get Cam Cameron and get this show on the road!

Cam will be a good coach, he knows how to utilize players. He designs plays to players strengths and gives them the chance to succeed. Look at what he's done with LT, Rivers, Gates. Do you think LT would be MVP and Rivers going to the Probowl with Mularkey calling the plays?

Look what Saban and Mularkey did with Randy McMicheal, Ronnie Brown and Daunte.

A good coach sets his players up to succeed a bad coach makes his TE stay in and block, runs his RB right into the strength of the defense and tries to make his QB become a pocket passer when his success has been his feet all his life.

If Saban and Mularkey were in San Diego everyone would be calling LT, Gates and Rivers busts at this point :sidelol:

Whisenhunt i'm not real keen on, the Steelers know him better than anyone and they are considering Grimm for their HC or looking elsewhere not Whisenhunt so why would we want to sign him? There is a ton of talent on that Steelers offense and they looked mediocre this year if you can't get the job done with those players then you certainly arent going to get it done with the Phins players.

I'm going to list my current "Top 3" favorite head coaching candidates{as of today}. Here we go....

1. Bill Cowher - If he's open for discussion, and the compensation isn't too heavy, Bill Cowher would be my first choice. He's proven, he's smart, and we know what we'd be getting in him based on his work while in Pittsburgh. Like I said, IF it's remotely possible, we should hire Bill Cowher in my opinion. The chances of hiring / finding another coach this off-season with his credecials, will be slim to none....

2. Cam Cameron - Right now, this guy is getting a lot of attention around the NFL. There isn't one team with a head coaching vacancy that isn't very interested in interviewing Cameron. He's one of the best game planners, and he knows how to get the most out of his QB's. He may not have been very successful in college, but he's come a long way since then in my opinion. Not to mention Indiana is not known for it's football program....

Cam Cameron would give our offense some new life, and scoring points is something this team is desperate for. If Cowher is a no go, Cameron is my choice to become our new head coach....

3. Ken Whisenhunt - Some say he's merely another version of Mike Mularkey, I think not. The Steelers offense has been very consistant under Whisenhunt, and there's a good reason why he's a strong candidate to replace Cowher. I like the football players / coaching that comes out of Pittsburgh too, they've always had a very proud / strong football foundation, and I would have confidence in hiring Whisenhunt based on that reason. He's a good, young, offensive minded coach who is up for promotion. If Cowher / Cameron aren't possibilities, I would very much like to focus on Whisenhunt....

There are rumors spreading that the Chargers are going to fire him at seasons' end. He's had poor relations with the ownership / management for some time now, and if he is fired, he'd be one of my first choices as Saban's replacement. I've always wanted Marty, even when Shula retired he was one of my first choices. He's still just as good now as he was then, and I love the intensity he brings to the entire team. If Shott get's the axe, I'm ready to hire him without hesitation....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

Bill Cowher - I disagree about the compensation being acceptable. We need the draft picks more than we need him.

Cam Cameron - I think LT, Rivers and Gates had more to do with their success than he did.

Ken Whisenhunt - This option is appealing to me. A solid choice.

One name that keeps geeting left out is Alex Gibbs. I can't seem to get any feedback on what people think about him as a candidate for HC.

Any ideas from you?

PHINZ RULE!!!!!
Those are also my 3 favorite candidates right now. Good post!!

One name that keeps geeting left out is Alex Gibbs. I can't seem to get any feedback on what people think about him as a candidate for HC.

Any ideas from you?

I don't know a whole lot about Alex Gibbs actually. I can't comment....

As far as compensation for Cowher, it could be a late rounder, we really don't have any clue right now what the Steelers would be asking for. If it's a reasonable pick, we shouldn't hesitate to hire him in my opinion. If we wait another year, without giving up the compensation, the bidding war for Cowher could get messy, and that's another thing we need to take into account....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Ken Whisenhunt - This option is appealing to me. A solid choice.

like this choice as well .

I don't know a whole lot about Alex Gibbs actually. I can't comment....

As far as compensation for Cowher, it could be a late rounder, we really don't have any clue right now what the Steelers would be asking for. If it's a reasonable pick, we shouldn't hesitate to hire him in my opinion. If we wait another year, without giving up the compensation, the bidding war for Cowher could get messy, and that's another thing we need to take into account....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I doubt very seriously that it would be a late round draft pick. I am reminded of when the Bucs got Gruden from Oakland for 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and a wad of cash ($8 mill?).

If that's the comp (or anything close to it) than I don't want to even go near him.

I only have one candidate on my list but he must be putting out feelers against the idea.

My 1 and only candidate is Al Saunders. This is a guy who I think could totally fix the offense and would be a perfect compliment to Houck cause he'd go out and get him real road graders and not 2nd day scrubs.
You are the first person that I heard, that mentioed Saunders. I don't know if he wants to be a HC at this time, as he may be loyal to Gibbs. But I would love Saunders he has always had a balanced attack, even when he had Preist Holmes.

1-Mike Martz (look at what he did to the detroit offense) With peppers arm maybe chris chambers may improve.

2- Cam cameron

3- ron rivera

are my favorites

Offer Pittsburgh 20 million and will take Wanny back for Cowher. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Back
Top Bottom