Head Coach Tracker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Campbell is not interested in Miami job.

Watch Gase end up in Tennessee for OC job with Mariota.

UPDATED as of Jan 8th 4:00 PM

So let's keep count. We _think_ it is:

Team......……… Coach
Green Bay........ Matt LaFleur (Confirmed)
Tampa Bay....... Bruce Arians (Likely, with Todd Bowles likely his DC)
Arizona......……. Kliff Kingsbury (Likely)
Cleveland......… Freddie Kitchens OR Kevin Stefanski (Rumored Finalists)
Denver....……… Mike Munchak OR Vic Fangio (Rumored Finalists)
Cincinnati:
New York:
Miami:

Zero NFC vacancies and three AFC vacancies.

Last edited:
Sure talking about the team is fine, but every time a head coach themed thread pops up there are a few who use it as an opportunity to crap on any move that is or isn't made by the phins FO. It gets tiring to read when I'm looking in a thread that hopefully has some good information rather then complaints about how we're not hiring anyone fast enough or we're going to be stuck with leftovers.

I know what you mean. But this team has been a total failure for 2 decades now. I think every Dolphins fan is entitled to complaints. Remember how Browns fans used to call their own team?
I know some people might think being negative about their own team is pointless since it is not productive nor positive but i, personally do enjoy sarcastic jokes. And I've been rooting for this team for almost 18 years and they have never been disappointed me...
Sucks that i missed Marinos era and early 70s Dolphins tho.

I know what you mean. But this team has been a total failure for 2 decades now. I think every Dolphins fan is entitled to complaints. Remember how Browns fans used to call their own team?
I know some people might think being negative about their own team is pointless since it is not productive nor positive but i, personally do enjoy sarcastic jokes. And I've been rooting for this team for almost 18 years and they have never been disappointed me...
Sucks that i missed Marinos era and early 70s Dolphins tho.

I love a good sarcastic joke too. The problem with that is, jokes are supposed to be funny. Some of these comments are just downright egregious and they pop up in almost every single thread concerning the coaching search.

Someone mentioned earlier to hire Cam Cameron, THAT was funny.

Team......……… Coach
Denver....……… Mike Munchak (Rumored)
Cincinnati:
New York:
Miami:

Denver...........Munchak OR Fangio (Rumored)

We'll be stuck with the leftovers

Doug Pederson and Frank Reich were leftovers.

Adam Gase was the hot commodity.

Some people forget things like AG passed on the Eagles to take the Dolphins job.

These things just work in strange cycles, there is no rhyme or reason to who's going to be the next successful franchise. It's sports roulette.

We are nowhere near as bad a franchise as the Golden State Warriors were for 30 years, now they are the standard for all teams.

Last edited:

Team......……… Coach
Denver....……… Mike Munchak OR Vic Fangio (Rumored Finalists)
Cincinnati:
New York:
Miami:

Outside of Arians, those are some pretty uninspiring hires.

LaFleur: gamble hire. Praying for the next McVay.
Arians: proven coach who will inherit a roster with some talent and can right the ship. I think the Bucs got a great hire here.
Arizona: Kingsbury got fired -- and deservedly so -- from Texas Tech and now gets a head coaching job in the NFL? That's, uh, I am going to need some time to think about that one. Wow.
Cleveland: not sure how they arrived at this point with Freddie Kitchens, but the guy did a hell of a job with Baker Mayfield, so there you go.
Denver: two veterans who are supposedly amenable to Gary Kubiak running the offense for them. I think Elway is actually going about this in a smart way. He knows Kubiak is a great offensive coach, but can't handle head coaching duties due to his health.

I think Kingsbury might be the real head-scratcher here. Everyone I know that is a Texas Tech fan (all three people) really love Kingsbury... but also say that he really did a bad job and deserved to be fired. Think Arizona might be in for some chop.

Withlock on Kingsbury: "He is getting a major promotion! And so, If I take a job at McDonalds, working a french fry stand, then two weeks later they offer me a job to manage a McDonalds?! . . . It's a no brainer to me!!"

Wiley: "Gotta move on UP!!"

That basically encapsulates this Grier head coach search as well.

Agreed, the only ones I like are Arians and the maybe of Fangio … and I'm generally a guy who wants young coordinators to take a chance on greatness rather than retreads. Slim pickens for coaching prospects in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom