Head coaching department is open to many great coaches, a turning point for miami. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head coaching department is open to many great coaches, a turning point for miami.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
As the season is closing in and our December struggles continue, there is nothing left but a little ray of light call hope. Our team is heading into a rebuilding stage, we will lose many veterans that we have watch develop over the years due to new head coaching changes.

Its very positive to hear that we will rebuild our team to the likes of young men such as Chris Chambers, Ricky Williams, Wade Smith(he is developing), Rob Konrad, Randy Mc Michael, Donald Lee, and Eddy Moore if he stays healthy.

With the new head coach changes I feel that the 2004 draft will be one of our most important drafts in the history of the franchise, as it can be a huge turning point to either a direction to success or a direction to failure. Gathering the personel is important but in the end our success will be relied on the effort of who we hire.

assuming Wanne & Co. leave... there are still loads of cap implications that s/prevent the new regime from making major changes. We might be able to lose a guy or two, but after that we can cut no further.

Of course, Brock, Tim Bo and Ruddy c/b gone easily leaving Ed Perry as the only Shula leftover

We don't know the details of some contracts but I believe because of the way Miami does things as far as contracts, things will be easier.

Re: Re: Head coaching department is open to many great coaches, a turning point for miami.

Originally posted by dolphan39
assuming Wanne & Co. leave... there are still loads of cap implications that s/prevent the new regime from making major changes. We might be able to lose a guy or two, but after that we can cut no further.

Of course, Brock, Tim Bo and Ruddy c/b gone easily leaving Ed Perry as the only Shula leftover

Brock will stay here. If cut, dead cap & no savings.
Ed Perry is UFA.

Why? We can't afford him. Arturo is a natural FS put in a SS role last year. We need youth, not old man asking for more money than we should pay him.

I'd rather have saved the little money, IMO.

Still not getting why everyone is so hot on getting rid of the CORNERSTONE of our D in Tim Bowens? Are people still boggled by his susposed comment?

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Still not getting why everyone is so hot on getting rid of the CORNERSTONE of our D in Tim Bowens? Are people still boggled by his susposed comment?

He's on the backside of his career and often injured. Somebody with a big salary has to go from this defense.

My understanding is that Huizenga has been in contact with D Shula as to his help / suggestions in finding head coaching prospects ....

Imo the entire staff needs replaced ! And if the rumors about Speilman are true, the entire team and f-o will have a entire new look for the first time in decades...

Which is probably what this team / organization desperately NEEDS ..........

:up:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Disgustipate

well, i can think of a couple of reasons. He cost too much and a new coach will most likely have a different philosophy.

Guys with potential for us to save money (defense)is:

Tim Bowens
Sam Madison

Many of our high paid players are hitting the wall soon, many who have chronic injuries such as Tim Bowens, Zack Thomas won't help the next in a long super bowl run.

Speilman is going to the Lions...at least that is the rumors.

This article seems to make one think that Ogun is going to actually get offers even if we tender him with the 1st and 3rd tender.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7527342.htm

Would you rather retain him, or get those picks?

I want the pics. 2 number one's, and two number three's could get us a stud WR, a QB, and a couple of O lineman in the first day.

We could then fill out the second day on D, and balance this ship out a bit.

The Miami Dolphins should consider having a GM and Speilman should get a promotion.Coaches want to come to Miami because they have full control since there no GM to report to.

Originally posted by blingbling2334
Why? We can't afford him. Arturo is a natural FS put in a SS role last year. We need youth, not old man asking for more money than we should pay him.

I'd rather have saved the little money, IMO.

Freeman is a FA and doesn't want to stay. The knight signing ticked him off and I dont think we have much of an option for him.

Back
Top Bottom