Head scracher signing - Flowers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head scracher signing - Flowers

Excited to see if Flowers will live up to the contract. I like his upside at guard more than any other prospect on the roster. Trending up, young, something to prove...Let's see how it shakes out.
And playing back home which he made a point of the importance to him. I'm rooting for him

I think most fans have progressed beyond the point where they obsess over dollar amounts. This team is in a position where 10 mil costs less than 5 mil for a team like the Cowboys. If he bombs out the team takes the hit and moves on.

The gamble is that hes getting better at the position and will produce at a higher level for the Phins. It is a gamble but one that a team like this should be taking. The frightening deal is the one handed out to Jones. Even if he plays at a high level its tough to justify that kind of outlay if there isn't a significant improvement in the defensive unit as a whole.

Anyone willing to gamble on Tua's injury should be willing to gamble on Wilson.
I'd like to keep wilson, but my concern is $, not injury.

I haven't had a chance to listen to Flowers introduction on "the drive" yet, but I have listened to Emmanuelle Ogbah. After hearing him talk I'm buying in! I mean even by a jersey I liked him that much! I tried to look them up on Twitter because I enjoyed his interview so much, but struck out. I'm really expecting great things from this kid!

I think most fans have progressed beyond the point where they obsess over dollar amounts. This team is in a position where 10 mil costs less than 5 mil for a team like the Cowboys. If he bombs out the team takes the hit and moves on.

The gamble is that hes getting better at the position and will produce at a higher level for the Phins. It is a gamble but one that a team like this should be taking. The frightening deal is the one handed out to Jones. Even if he plays at a high level its tough to justify that kind of outlay if there isn't a significant improvement in the defensive unit as a whole.
Remember the Cheatriots always seemed to have a high priced CB in the fold (REVIS, GILMORE, etc.). The fact we have TWO, makes me think HOWARD maybe on his way out.

Remember that as the salary cap seemingly increases every year the contracts that are in place have less of an overall impact on percentage of cap space. Remember like 4-5 years ago when people were going nuts because guys like Dalton and Tannehill had potentially 20 mil a year contracts? Now that is essentially bottom 5-10 starting QB in NFL money. Elite WRs were making 12-13 mil just a few years ago and now the going rate is 17-18 mil.

Just last year, a LARGE number of Finheaven posters just lost their minds when we signed Jesse Davis to AN OUTRAGEOUS CONTRACT!!!!!

I laughed at them then, I laugh at them now.

I wish I would have saved their posts.

Right now the Dolphins don’t have a LT. So we can only hope Flowers will end up playing next to a LT who is better than the LT he played next to with the Redskins.

I’m pretty sure 18...or a trade up from 18 is going to land a left tackle.

28th would be the highest rated guard we've had since... incognito maybe? I dont remember, it's been so terrible for so long.

I think it's far more likely the trajectory is upward, entering his second year at guard. "scale back his play" lmao

I laughed at your final comment when you put it like that. As if he'd make a conscious decision "eff it, i'm gonna scale it back, maybe let this guy beat me for a few snaps"

Last edited:
He might be one of those players that will scale back his play now that he got paid. Haven’t seen that before happen to Miami...
This is a different head coach. I think he can get what the team needs out of Flowers.

"I got a contract. Time to coooaaasssst."

I'm assuming you're making light of that statement, and I agree. Yes, there are players who get the payday and coast. Everyone knows that. But, I don't hear the same thing on most players going to their 2nd contract (e.g., JJ Watt, Russell Wilson), nor do I hear the concern when people WANT a player signed (e.g., Conklin), Seems the only concern about coasting is when it's a player not wanted.

I'm optimistic about Flowers as long as he's OG. 'Average' is a big upgrade from '19

Back
Top Bottom