Heading to Philly this week! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heading to Philly this week!

Have fun. Lived outside philly for almost a decade. Word of advice, cheesesteaks are good but do yourselves a favor and get the dinic's roast pork sandwich at the reading terminal market. Best sandwich money can buy.

Have fun. Lived outside philly for almost a decade. Word of advice, cheesesteaks are good but do yourselves a favor and get the dinic's roast pork sandwich at the reading terminal market. Best sandwich money can buy.

I just may do that!

I second this. Although John's Roast Pork in south philly may be a bit better. Definitely get the broccoli raab, sharp provolone, and horseradish if you're into that.

Philly is an underrated city. I just moved back here. Check out old city, rittenhouse square, and society hill to walk around, all beautiful areas. The art museum is great and has the famous rocky steps, boathouse row is cool to see, not to mention all the historical stuff (in Old City). I actually recommend taking the double decker bus if you haven't been here, it's a nice way to see it all if you don't have long. I've actually done it several times as a resident. If you have kids, check out the franklin fountain on 2nd street, it's a 1920's style ice cream parlor and candy shop. Just get ready for a line.

Philly also has a great restaurant/bar scene. If you're a foodie there are a ton of fine dining restaurants that are some of the best in the country. I can give you some recommendations if you're interested. The reading terminal market is a really fun indoor marketplace with all sorts of great lunch food. It's also next to city hall which is a very cool historic building.

If you're staying near the stadiums you can get right into center city in a couple minutes on the subway or Uber. Downtown is very walkable because it's not a big city, and it's a grid so it's easy to find your way around.

Have fun and reach out if you have any questions!

I second this. Although John's Roast Pork in south philly may be a bit better. Definitely get the broccoli raab, sharp provolone, and horseradish if you're into that.

Philly is an underrated city. I just moved back here. Check out old city, rittenhouse square, and society hill to walk around, all beautiful areas. The art museum is great and has the famous rocky steps, boathouse row is cool to see, not to mention all the historical stuff (in Old City). I actually recommend taking the double decker bus if you haven't been here, it's a nice way to see it all if you don't have long. I've actually done it several times as a resident. If you have kids, check out the franklin fountain on 2nd street, it's a 1920's style ice cream parlor and candy shop. Just get ready for a line.

Philly also has a great restaurant/bar scene. If you're a foodie there are a ton of fine dining restaurants that are some of the best in the country. I can give you some recommendations if you're interested. The reading terminal market is a really fun indoor marketplace with all sorts of great lunch food. It's also next to city hall which is a very cool historic building.

If you're staying near the stadiums you can get right into center city in a couple minutes on the subway or Uber. Downtown is very walkable because it's not a big city, and it's a grid so it's easy to find your way around.

Have fun and reach out if you have any questions!
wow, awesome local tips - thank you!! I will be coming down Thursday and staying through Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom