Hear me out ... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hear me out ...

You simply can not base your assumptions on those stats, Fitzpatrick simply has a better arm, better reads, was surprisingly more mobile, has better pocket awareness and made the offense move very well. TUA has not shown any of that yet, most people have concerns and my personal view is that TUAs ceiling is not that high, he can be a very nice game manager and a decent NFL QB and he was over hyped which sadly made most people expect to much from him. Flores did well playing him, they will evaluate and decide. my bet is that they will bring serious competition to the building.
Fitzpatrick's arm is not better, this we know. I will give you the other advantages but again he's had 16 years.

I disagree they will bring in serious competition one year after the draft. They will work to surround Tua and help him. The front office will bring in a legit backup, Fitz will be gone. This legit backup will be brought in to be expressly the backup. I am not saying this is what I would do, I am merely saying what I believe they will do. This is the same FO that drafted Tua. Their wagon is hitched.

What is Tua’s NFL skillset? I’m not being funny - am curious what we should be highlighting.
Ask Flo, our front office and our pro and college scouts who drafted him number 5. According to many clueless MD fans they’re all smarter than than our staff. I’m not going to rehash months of research from every resource but Tua is a great NFL prospect, but like any rookie he needs time, a real OC who highlights his skills and offensive weapons. The future is very bright for the MD. We will not be drafting another 1st round QB this year for that reason

Fitzpatrick's arm is not better, this we know. I will give you the other advantages but again he's had 16 years.

I disagree they will bring in serious competition one year after the draft. They will work to surround Tua and help him. The front office will bring in a legit backup, Fitz will be gone. This legit backup will be brought in to be expressly the backup. I am not saying this is what I would do, I am merely saying what I believe they will do. This is the same FO that drafted Tua. Their wagon is hitched.
Totally agree

Saying he will "be fine" is a little strong. even those of us who were hoping He'd be a Dolphin will admit he may not "be fine." Beyond that, I'm in general agreement. Many positions (including QBs) improve significantly between rookie and year 2
For giggles check out Brees and R Wilsons rookie stats

No but I am sure the Dolphins have and if they decide they want to draft a young QB in the later rounds of the draft to be trained as Tua’s backup, I have no doubt they will draft one in rounds 5-7.
I doubt their plans are finalized...and I’m quite neither one of us know what they are.

Fine is okay with me at this time because he had a lot of below average players on offense around him this season. if the Dolphins get an offensive line that can actually pass block and they produce an average running game.along with WR’s who are much better than the practice squad receivers he was throwing too and Tua is still struggling, then I will be concerned.
Right now though Tua is not the problem on the offense. It is the linemen who can’t block in the passing game or open holes consistently in the running which are the major problem with the offense. Also other than Parker who is constantly injured, there is no another decent WR on the entire roster. The RB’s are average at best.

Yet with all these major issues on the offense, let’s blame the rookie QB for the fact the front office has done a crappy job so far building a decent offense around him.
Excellent post! I’m guessing you’ve been around awhile. I would add that “below average” is the understatement of the year. Our offense is staffed by a bunch of PS and undrafted players at best.

Back
Top Bottom