Hearald-When playing time is precious | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hearald-When playing time is precious

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Linebacker Morlon Greenwood's reward for a great game is a chair -- as in a seat on the bench.

Not completely, because Greenwood is still the starting strong-side linebacker. But the reality is that despite posting a career-high 14 tackles Sunday against Jacksonville -- earning him the Dolphins ''Tough Guy'' award this week -- Greenwood figures to be relegated to his part-time role again Sunday against New England.

Rest of the Article....
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7025686.htm

Very interesting article.

Good link bud! Greenwood I feel is a good player even before the Jax game. It's weird cause I see him playing and doing well in the Big Show, I don't know why, but I can vision him coming out onto the field. I think it's his last name or something-call it a premonition or whatever, but I'm usually right on these things>no joke.

Very interesting indeed. It's funny how the first game that he gets to play full time, he gets 14 tackles. So maybe he ain't so bad afterall. :)

''Sometimes [the fans] really don't know what's going on,'' Greenwood said. ``Some games it works out that I only play 11 snaps of defense, so it's really hard for me to do anything. I just try to make the best of it.''

The other problem for Greenwood and defensive tackles Larry Chester and Tim Bowens is that the better they play, the less playing time they get because they are run-stoppers.

That defense is pretty scary when ya seriously just stop and think about it for a moment. Most of us were saying this tho' in the offseason, so to some it's no surprise. Heh, i want to see Greenwood lay some more wood!

he's in there to stop the run and we are 2nd in the NFL ag the run, so I guess he's OK

Good point dolphan39.

I think our LB corps is very underated, if you can say so about two future hall of famer in Thomas and Seau. When rating the LBs in the offseason, the Fins were said to have the worse crew with the Jets. It's true there is a big dropoff after Thomas and seau, but Greenwood is better than advertised.

As for the Bills, Spikes is great, but Fletcher and Posey are overrated IMO. The Jets are too slow and the Pats are great. But I've never considered Johnson or Bruschi as elite LBs. Colvin is very good at pressuring the QB, but we won't find out what he really brings to that defence until next year.

Back
Top Bottom