Heat fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat fans

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
What's this rumor going around that Riley is gonna push Van Gundy out the door and take over as head coach again?

If Riley does this he will go down as the biggest a-hole of all time.

It would be one of the best incidents in Miami Heat history. I like Stan & he's a great guy, but if it came down to Riley coaching Shaq & Wade...I'd personally drive Stan to the airport.

Not gonna happen. He's gonna put in his two cents, but it's not going to happen.

If Riley pushes Van gundy out it will look bad but if he wins a championship nobody will care.

VJ1252 said:
If Riley pushes Van gundy out it will look bad but if he wins a championship nobody will care.

You're probably right, but like RW said, it's not gonna happen. I know I wouldn't hold a grudge against Pat. This is a business, but for the sake of Stan...I know he won't do it. I think it's clear that Riley wants to coach this team.

Pat Riley + healthy Shaq + healthy Wade + key role players = Championship.

But again, it's not happening. Stan can get us there & win one with us, but I'm just saying...the probability of Pat Riley being outcoached is very, very less.

2 Pistolz said:
It would be one of the best incidents in Miami Heat history. I like Stan & he's a great guy, but if it came down to Riley coaching Shaq & Wade...I'd personally drive Stan to the airport.

I would completely agree with you if I was a Heat fan or if the C's were in the same situation.

2 Pistolz said:
You're probably right, but like RW said, it's not gonna happen. I know I wouldn't hold a grudge against Pat. This is a business, but for the sake of Stan...I know he won't do it. I think it's clear that Riley wants to coach this team.

Pat Riley + healthy Shaq + healthy Wade + key role players = Championship.

But again, it's not happening. Stan can get us there & win one with us, but I'm just saying...the probability of Pat Riley being outcoached is very, very less.

I wouldnt have been mad if riley became coach again but some in the media(esp in NY) would villify him. Riley wouldnt have been afraid to give the ball to shaq at the end of game 7 like van gundy was.

This is one of those situations in which the right thing is so clear, yet made difficult by surrounding circumstances.

It would be the exact right thing for Riley to coach this heat team this season; the strategic mistakes Van Gundy made during the playoffs scream for Riley's return.

Yet Van Gundy did a great job overall in guiding the team through the season, and for the most part did a decent job managing the team in the playoffs. Add to that the fact that Riley is Van Gundy's mentor, and it looks like "the right thing" will have to wait at least one more season.

The only way for Riley to be able to coach the Heat this season would be for Van Gundy to resign voluntarily and without even a hint of pressure from anyone - including players.

This could tranish Riley's reputation in many ways, outside of the fact that it would be a crappy trhing to do to SVG if Riley did it and didn't win it would confirm what alot of folks already feel in that he's overrated and only won when he had Magic, Kareem & Co. He did lead the Knicks to an NBA Finals but that was a year w/o Michael Jordan and they still needed 7 games to beat the Bulls w/o MJ and in Miami he never even came close to an NBA Finals.

Back
Top Bottom