heavy ob offense in FA... defense in draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

heavy ob offense in FA... defense in draft

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
Is anyone else hoping we go this route? At first I was hoping for eifert in the first then go defense but with Cook on the market, I'm changing my hopes for this offseason. It would be great to get a Wallace/Jennings as well as Cook. Cook is a great pass catching TE and a redzone threat we need. I feel signing Jennings would probably be better both financially this year and the future. I can't hrlp but think that after this season or next Wallace would just end up being a cap casualty and then we would have "dead money" against our cap. So now hoping the fins sign those two pass threats, they would be smart to get Vollmer to help solidify the oline and fill Longs void.

Now we would have the offense looking pretty good and can focus on D.
1- Rhodes
2A- Trufant
2B- Tank Carradine
3A- Jordan Reed if there or Bacarri Rambo
3B- Marcus Lattimore
4- honey badger
5-menelik Watson

I want heavy offense in FA, but I also want a #1 corner and a stop gap end. No chance Watson will fall that far and I don't wanna rely on 2 rookie corners to hold down the fort.

TE, G, RB

Guard position we are set this year if we want to stand pat. If we want to upgrade, we will draft one in first round.

TE is wide open as we speak. I am pretty sure Philbin wants to fill and upgrade with depth. I wouldnt be surprised if we drafted two TE's depending on Fasano, who should resign for same amount of money.

RB clearly Joe wants a RB who is different from Miller who can go short yardage and block and good out of backfield. FB is also a need because the A&M kid is getting fatter again unless he is working out.

OL overhaul will happen at G sooner or later.

There is no way carradine lasts into the second round..if this guy works out which reported he will, he may not be there at 12. I've already stated that I wouldn't mind seeing him the pick at 12. I agree that if we can get a wr in free agency and maybe another lineman (long or Winston) then we can go heavy on defense with the exception of taking another young wr or te with one of our first 3 or 4 picks

Back
Top Bottom