Help me with this. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help me with this.

I don't think it's a pointless thread at all. It's fun to try and figure out what the roster will be.

rainmaker1313 said:
Well I didnt mean to hurt his feelings, but its true. What does it all mean? You are right, I start pointless threads too, but to make people laugh. I apologize MDFINFAN, I ddint mean to make you feel bad.

It is only May 26. Is there really that much ELSE to talk about? Can only have so many Ricky threads...

Place Kay Jay on the practice squad until Gordon gets hurt.
Newson goes to the PS.
Roundtree or Daniels go to the PS (probably Roundtree)
Jenkins to the PS
Pope o the ps
Keep Zogina as a back up
This would be 27 on offense and 24 on Defense and 2 kickers
Y. Bell could go to the PS if we sign Mcquarters

Basically I believe these will be the players cut or sent to the PS

My take using MD's roster.

Offense: 25

QB: AJ Feeley---Frerotte---Rosenfels
*RB: R. Brown---R. Williams---L. Gorden
FB: S. Morris---H. Evans
TE: R. McMicheal---D. Lee
WR: C. Chambers---D. Boston---B. Gilmore
WR: M. Booker---D. Thompson---W. Walker
LT: D. McIntosh---J. St.Clair
LG: J. James---D. Cook
C: S. McKinney---W. Smith
RG: R. Hadnot---V. Carey
RT: S. McDougle

Vernon Carey backs up both guard spots as well as the RT spot in a pinch. Can't see Hadnot moving (and starting) at center so quickly. Especially if he still weighs 340 pounds. Reports are that he's still looking good at RG.

*Question: Do we gain a roster exemption while Ricky serves his suspension?? If so, Kay Jay Harris makes my roster.

Defense: 25

LDE: K. Carter---D. Bowens---M. Roth
LDT: L. Chester---D. Romeo
RDT: K. Traylor---Vickerson
RDE: J. Taylor---V. Holiday
SLB: D. Spragan---E. Moore---B. Ayanbadejo
MLB: Z. Thomas---C. Crowder
WLB: J. Seau---D. Pope
LCB: R. Howard---T. Daniels---Roundtree
RCB: S. Madison---M. Edwards
FS: Y. Bell---T. Tillman
SS: T. Jones--- T. Bua

Really not thrilled with the 5th CB spot. Not sure Roundtree can make it back.

ST: 3

LS: E. Perry
K: O. Mare
P: M. Turk

PUP: 1 (W. Poole)

Total: 53+1

AZDOLPHIN76 said:
Place Kay Jay on the practice squad until Gordon gets hurt.
Newson goes to the PS.
Roundtree or Daniels go to the PS (probably Roundtree)
Jenkins to the PS
Pope o the ps
Keep Zogina as a back up
This would be 27 on offense and 24 on Defense and 2 kickers
Y. Bell could go to the PS if we sign Mcquarters

Basically I believe these will be the players cut or sent to the PS
That's pretty sound. I don't think we'll send Pope to the PS though. He's a sound player and remember -- if a guy goes to the practice squad, he can be picked up by anyone. I think we'll use him as development will be important for him.

Saban can sell ice in the winter though, he'll have it sorted.

And just a question (if it's alright with rainmaker :shakeno: ) - Isn't there a limit on the amount of players on the practice squad? 13 or something?? So what happens to the other talent on the practice squad?

Muck said:

Vernon Carey backs up both guard spots as well as the RT spot in a pinch. Can't see Hadnot moving (and starting) at center so quickly. Especially if he still weighs 340 pounds. Reports are that he's still looking good at RG.

*Question: Do we gain a roster exemption while Ricky serves his suspension?? If so, Kay Jay Harris makes my roster.

That's not bad Muck, I missed the guy who though he hurt my feelings, oblivously he's new and don't know the debates I've had here. :D
You think Vickerson sticks for the final roster huh? I thought he was more of a project. I was wishful thinking with Hadnot at center, and trying to work Carey into the lineup, that's just a lot of money to continue to pay a b/u.
We also give up Atkins, Corey, Minor, whew, some good st'ers.
Ricky's suspension does make Kay Jay's life harder, he could be here for a month then gone, Minor seems to be out for real..Some of these guys like Newson are just personal favorites and it's hard to give them up.

rainmaker1313 said:
I can help you......GET A LIFE!!!! What does it matter writing up a starting lineup on a piece of paper in May???? Its POINTLESS!!

So what the HELL are you doing here if you don't like Dolphin talk. :shakeno:

Alright, I'm not going to quite make the EXACT 53 man Final Roster. But I just wanted to do this to provide a general idea or what it's going to be looking like and this is basically just a work in progress.

Offense: (30)

QB: AJ Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels
RB: Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams ("Assuming" he returns), Lamar Gordon, Kay Jay Harris
FB: Heath Evans, Sammy Morris
LWR: Marty Booker, Derrius Thompson, Bryan Gilmore
RWR: Chris Chambers,David Boston, Wes Welker
TE: Randy McMichael, Donald Lee, Alex Holmes
LT: Damion McIntosh, Vernon Carey, Tony Pape
LG: Jeno James, Damion Cook
C: Rex Hadnot, Wade Smith, Seth McKinney
RG: Vernon Carey, Seth McKinney, Taylor Whitley
RT: Stockar McDougle, John St. Clair, Anthony Alabi

Defense: (29)

LE: Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, Matt Roth
LDT: Larry Chester, Kevin Carter, Kevin Vickerson
RDT: Keith Traylor, Darior Romero, (Tim Bowens POSSIBLE release/retirement)
RE: Jason Taylor, David Bowens, Ronald Flemons
LOLB: Donnie Spragan, Eddie Moore, Brendon Ayabadejo
MLB: Zach Thomas, Channing Crowder, Derrick Pope
ROLB: Junior Seau, Corey Jenkins
LCB: Reggie Howard, Travis Daniels, Alphonso Roundtree
FS: Travares Tillman, Yerimiah Bell, Chris Atkins
SS: TeBucky Jones, Atari Bigby Yerimiah Bell
RCB: Sam Madison, Mario Edwards, Abram Elam

Special Teams: (4)

K: Olindo Mare
P: Matt Turk
LS: Ed Perry, William Delahoussaye
H: Matt Turk
KR: Wes Welker
PR: Wes Welker, Bryan Gilmore

IR: CB Will Poole, CB Shirdonya Mitchell

Total: 63 :o (10 more cuts need to be made... going to be tough)

Releases: QB Brock Berlin, RB Travis Minor, FB Ben Moa, FB Jamar Martin, WR Ronald Bellamy, WR Maurice Mann, WR Luther Huggins, WR Kendall Newson, WR Josh Davis (PS), TE Joe Munson, TE Victor Sesay, G Bobby Meeks, G Eric Wilson, G Rodney Reed, G Jason Thomas, DE Matt Walters, DE John Denney, DE Chris Solomona, DE Van Brown, DT Josh Shaw, DT Orrin Thomspon, DT Jeff Zgonina:(, LB Lionel Turner, LB Winston Taylor, LB Derek Curry, CB Brandon Haw, S Deandre Eiland, S Quinton Williams, S Jack Hunt

Coaching Staff

Head Coach:
clear.gif
.....Nah I'm just playing. :D

clear.gif
Nick Saban :allhail:

OFFENSE

Offensive Coordinator: Scott Linehan
Quarterbacks Coach: Jason Garrett
Running Backs Coach: Bobby Williams
Wide Receivers Coach: Charlie Baggett
Tight Ends Coach: Derrick Dooley
Offensive Line Coach: Hudson Houck
Assistant Offensive Line: Tim Davis
Offensive Quality Coach: Judd Garrett

DEFENSE

Defensive Coordinator: Richard Smith
Defensive Line: Dan Quinn
Assistant Defensive Line: Travis Jones
Linebackers: George Edwards
Secondary: Mel Phillips
Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Assistant: Will Muschamp
Defensive Quality Coach: Glen Pires

SPECIAL TEAMS

Specials Teams Coach: Keith Armstrong
Strength & Conditioning Coach: John Gamble
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach: Eric Fears
Associate Strengths & Condition Coach: Bert Hill

Well... I hope that gave everyone a general idea. Any thoughts??

MDFINFAN said:
You think Vickerson sticks for the final roster huh? I thought he was more of a project.

I actually had forgotten about Zgonina. I did this roster on the clock at work. :couch:

I think Vickerson is more of a project, yes. More likely to end up on the PS. But we already tried trading Zgonina this offseason. At 6-1 and 285, he's going to have a tough time earning a spot on Saban's DL. At 35, I could see Saban going young and choosing to develop someone at the position. Especially when we have guys like Carter and Holiday who can slide inside for periods of time. Regardless, we're going to be relying heavily on Keith Traylor.

We also give up Atkins, Corey, Minor, whew, some good st'ers.

That's true. Leaving Akins off has more to do with his injury than anything else. It was said to be career-threatening. And we really haven't heard anything else since he went on IR last summer. So I'm still in wait-and-see mode I guess.

Jenkins and Minor are marginal players IMO. At 222 pounds, Jenkins is very light for a Saban LB. Minor won't make the roster anyway over Gordon or Harris IMO.

Crowder, Moore, Bua and Ayanbadejo easily replace those guys on STs IMO.

Ricky's suspension does make Kay Jay's life harder, he could be here for a month then gone, Minor seems to be out for real..Some of these guys like Newson are just personal favorites and it's hard to give them up.

I think Newson could end up on the PS. He was really showing himself last summer. But that's a tough injury to come back from.

Can't wait for August. :)

Muck said:

I wondered when someone was gonna mention Vickerson-- dont you guys think he will make the team?

Whitedolphin54 said:
I wondered when someone was gonna mention Vickerson-- dont you guys think he will make the team?

I think he's more a project based on what I've heard in earlier OTA's, but he could be a sleeper, learning right now, then when the pads come, light up the place..but I'm incline to think he's a year away.

Muck said:
I actually had forgotten about Zgonina. I did this roster on the clock at work. :couch:

I think Vickerson is more of a project, yes. More likely to end up on the PS. But we already tried trading Zgonina this offseason. At 6-1 and 285, he's going to have a tough time earning a spot on Saban's DL. At 35, I could see Saban going young and choosing to develop someone at the position. Especially when we have guys like Carter and Holiday who can slide inside for periods of time. Regardless, we're going to be relying heavily on Keith Traylor.
I left Zgonina off because I didn't think he'd make the final cut, plus I needed space for my favorites.:D

That's true. Leaving Akins off has more to do with his injury than anything else. It was said to be career-threatening. And we really haven't heard anything else since he went on IR last summer. So I'm still in wait-and-see mode I guess.
I didn't know Akins was still having problems with that injury, oh well.he's gone. The only injuries I was aware of were: Chester, Bowens, and Poole

Jenkins and Minor are marginal players IMO. At 222 pounds, Jenkins is very light for a Saban LB. Minor won't make the roster anyway over Gordon or Harris IMO.

Crowder, Moore, Bua and Ayanbadejo easily replace those guys on STs IMO.
Jenkins I thought may have a chance, Minor seems to be odd man out, I think if it comes down to it, Jenkins will be also..I remember Chicago picking him up last year when we really wanted to keep him. Only because of injury on chicago's roster that they had to replace did we get him back.

I think Newson could end up on the PS. He was really showing himself last summer. But that's a tough injury to come back from.

Can't wait for August. :)

If we get McQuarters, then Newson has a legit shoot, Walker's good work last year is the only reason us fans have him on the roster. That doesn't mean Saban shares our view on this one. Having heard anything about Newson having a hard time base on last year's injury.

But you're right, August is going to be fun...I love the fact that I can't get down to 53 right now, before the june 1st cuts. We may have what is called "Depth" on this team for a change. I actually think spielman did a good job of starting us down this track last year. By now, in the pass, I was trying to figure out who would stick to make up a 53 roster, I'd generally only have about 39-46 on the roster for sure. This is great, and you don't hear me complaining about the OL for a change, that's very refreshing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom