Help-supplemental Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help-supplemental Draft

AZDOLPHIN76

DOLPHIN MANIAC
Reaction score
I have never really paid attention to the supplemental draft. So I have a few questions.

1. How do they pick the draft order? is it the same as regular draft?

2. Do we have to give any compensation to pick in this draft?

3. When is the supp. draft?

AZDOLPHIN76 said:
I have never really paid attention to the supplemental draft. So I have a few questions.

No idea, sorry Im not a help at all.

AZDOLPHIN76 said:

1. Weighted lottery in 3 sections. 1st section is made up of teams with 6 or fewer wins the previous year. 2nd section is made up of remaining non-playoff teams. 3rd section is playoff teams. Teams draft order in the previous spring draft determines how many times their names get put in for the lottery drawing. SF gets 32, Miami 31....all the way down to NE=1. This year there are 12 teams with no more than 6 wins, so the first 12 spots will be made up of those teams in whatever order their names are drawn. The next 8 spots will be of the remaining non-playoff teams, and finally, the last 12 spots will be from the teams that made the playoffs last year.
  2. Once the order is determined, teams email the league which round pick (if any) they are willing to give for a certain player. The team with the highest round "bid" gets the player. If there are multiple teams bidding the same round for a player then the team with the highest draft order (determined by the above detailed lottery) gets the player. If awarded a player in the supplemental draft, a team forfeits whatever round was used to select that player in the following year's regular draft
  3. As already stated.....July 14

The D Lineman from USC might be worth a 2nd round pick, but I would not
give up a first rounder for him.

yankeehillbilly said:
I think even a 2nd round pick might be a little too much. Id give up a 3rd in a heartbeat though.
Definitely not a second. Third maybe, but personally I would go fourth since we should be near the top of the fourth round.

I think that we could in fact give up a second round because our much needed help at DT and plus Wright could be a very good DT for us.

I would say 3rd would be highest. I dont think Saban would go any higher than a 3rd rounder.

PhinDude88 said:
I think that we could in fact give up a second round because our much needed help at DT and plus Wright could be a very good DT for us.

Rick Spielman?? I thought you were fired, I mean retired. Why are you posing as phindude and trying to drain our future draft picks again? j/k Phindude, but I think a 2nd is too high considering we will likely be in the upper half of the second round next year (I hope not too, but it is likely).

LAphinfan said:
Rick Spielman?? I thought you were fired, I mean retired. Why are you posing as phindude and trying to drain our future draft picks again? j/k Phindude, but I think a 2nd is too high considering we will likely be in the upper half of the second round next year (I hope not too, but it is likely).

Darn it! Somebody finally caught me. :goof:

Its going to be hard giving up a 2nd for him, but we might need to do this. Our DT situation is starting to be a major conern because of Chester not healthy, Traylor getting old and cant play alot of downs and Zgonina isnt really a good run stop DT.

Back
Top Bottom