Henne looks a lot like Penny... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne looks a lot like Penny...

ciscoholgate

Winning is a Habit
Reaction score
In a very good way. I think the affects of the Pennigton signing has shown its real roots. This FO brought in Penny to lead our Phins last year, but he was also brought in as a mentor and that was an excellent move. Last night we saw a QB who was clam, cool, collective, and made the throws he had to.

Henne plays just like Pennington, but has an arm that Penny never had. This is not a Penny bashing thread, but more of a thank you and a recognition of how much impact he really had in Miami.

Henne looks like the real deal so far and his play against the Jest solidifies the praise he received from Penny and the coaches. I really do hope Henne can keep improving, because he showed up Sanchez last night, without a #1 WR as well. Henne understands what needs to be done and trusts his teammates, he is a true leader. It is exciting to see a QB who could finally be our franchise QB after so many guys have been here after Marino.

P.S. Great bomb to Ginn for the TD. I bet a lot of us were grinning ear to ear after that play. I know I was. Hopefully we see a lot more of that!

I really agree. Henne seems to really understand the value of just keeping the chains moving and playing smart football, and somehow it seems like that veteran savvy that Pennington had that his supporters here really loved his rubbed off on him. Pennington had to put the ball in exactly the right spot because his arm didn't afford him to throw near defenders. And Henne made a pass just like to Camarillo in the last minute of the game, when other strong armed QB's may have tried to gun it and resulted in an incompletion or worse.

Pennington just played the QB position the right way as far as throwing touch passes, not making mistakes, and feeling the rush in the pocket. My biggest worry with Henne was that he wasn't going to do these things, and us losing because of it. Luckily, that doesn't seem to be the case, and if Henne can dial in that extra oomph when he needs to, he can really be something special.

And I screamed so loud after the Ginn TD that I'm afraid I'm gonna get a noise violation in my apartment complex.

Back
Top Bottom